Brandon Browner will tell teamates to break Sherman's arm

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Don't care but he was dumb to say it. What if Kam said he was going to hurt Erin Rodgers leg?
And how exactly will a WR break a CB's arm?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":33pydkdd said:
Wouldn’t Browner be more happy if the Pats beat a healthy Sherman and Thomas? If you have to intentionally injure them to win, doesn’t that mean you don’t think you’re the better team?
That's exactly what it means.
An Browner needs to remember, that it was Pete Carroll that gave him his best chances to be a part of that Super Bowl team ,and it was his own fault that he crapped on him by getting himself locked out of the discussions, forcing Pete to have to whittle down to his #3 Corner to replace his ass for that all important game.
Some time or another, he's going to have to look into the mirror, and realize that the guy that's looking back at him was responsible for HIS mistakes.

Exittium

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3v880znl said:
HawkFan72":3v880znl said:
Wouldn’t Browner be more happy if the Pats beat a healthy Sherman and Thomas? If you have to intentionally injure them to win, doesn’t that mean you don’t think you’re the better team?
That's exactly what it means.
An Browner needs to remember, that it was Pete Carroll that gave him his best chances to be a part of that Super Bowl team ,and it was his own fault that he crapped on him by getting himself locked out of the discussions, forcing Pete to have to whittle down to his #3 Corner to replace his ass for that all important game.
Some time or another, he's going to have to look into the mirror, and realize that the guy that's looking back at him was responsible for HIS mistakes.

Couldn't have said it better. :13:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SirTed":2tke4hz7 said:
Now is not the time for this place to turn into a bunch of ...wimps*

first of all, who cares what any of these guys say? Ridiculous.

Second, That's just BB. Same dude who played for us. And you can throw revisionist history out there if you want, but the dude was a baller for us - ANNND you could make the argument that he was just as responsible for the LOB developing that hard nosed, fearless attitude as anyone. Even Kam.

I'll always love that dude for giving me a chance to cheer for a guy that wasn't afraid to mix it up. After years of Holmgren era where we'd get bullied it was a breath of fresh air to be the team that was pushing people around.
Only glaring difference was, that Browner wasn't in the biggest game of the Year, because of his OWN foolishness, and Kam Chancellor, who I think SHOULD HAVE gotten the MVP by setting the pace, and delivering the boom, WITHOUT Browner even being in that game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Brandon Browner needs to worry about himself.

The reason he didn't play in the Superbowl is because he's a liability in coverage. Maxwell is a superior coverage CB and it's not even close.

Russell will be throwing at BB early and often. I bet we're going to see some trips on his side on multiple downs, and numerous other packages intended to take away BB's only strength (physical press coverage) and force him to drop back into actual coverage where his lack of speed will show up.

Pete Carroll knows FAR more about BB and his limitations than BB knows about our current team. There's a good chance that one of the storylines of this game will be Russell Wilson repeatedly taking advantage of BB in coverage. I think Russell is going to play that dude like a fiddle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Look for it.

You are going to see an offensive formation designed just to get Blount out on Sherman. Or Gronk on Earl.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
It's all about exploiting weakness, which is why ADB will distract BB with a bag of Washington's finest herb and a large packet of Cheetos.

Luke Willson will then finish the job by presenting a junior sudoku puzzle and BB's head will explode.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with what he said. A great player, a great competitor. Not the smartest guy though, but he is an athlete so no big surprise there.

I'm sure this does not affect his friendship with Sherm in any way.

Rob12

Reaction score
My personal opinion...

People need to toughen up. Browner is an old school breed, and he doesn't hide it. I think he absolutely meant it literally, but then again, the dude has a serious axe to grind after missing last year's big game and having the POTUS leave his name out in giving props to our secondary. This whole talk of the NFL needing to get involved is funny to me. Dude is simply desperate as hell to knock off his old team.

I love Browner, and always will. He helped give our D their identity. I can't wait to smash him on Sunday, but I admire the passion.

Not much of a story here, folks.

Rob12

Reaction score
Chawks1":3hp9ztxh said:
iigakusei":3hp9ztxh said:
Interesting, don't think he meant it to come out that way but still. What if Sherman said he told teammates to target Rodgers leg and break it?

Exactly. If any one of our players said this out loud in an interview and threatened to break Tom Brady's leg what would the fallout be? Browner is already on the NFLs naughty list.

Who cares what the fallout would be. Brady is the golden boy and we're hated. Let's rejoice in that. Jealousy breeds contempt. Browner isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, either. I'm not worried about Julian Edelman breaking Sherm's elbow.

We're Seattle fans. We're still on that thing about wanting to be noticed. I'd rather not just win.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ccm8a1op said:
Look for it.

You are going to see an offensive formation designed just to get Blount out on Sherman. Or Gronk on Earl.

Heard someone on a radio show or podcast saying this too. Blount would never reach Sherman if he's lined up in the backfield. They'd have to put him at WR. That would be something to see.

Exittium

Reaction score
kearly":1n0ejd7y said:
Scottemojo":1n0ejd7y said:
Look for it.

Heard someone on a radio show or podcast saying this too. Blount would never reach Sherman if he's lined up in the backfield. They'd have to put him at WR. That would be something to see.

Unless the disguise from sort of pick play, i.e. the same kind in the AFCCG Denver used last year to have welker go cross route and take out talib, causing talib to injure his knee and be out.

Only thing i can actually think of, of them being able to injure defensive players. But that's just a guess

HansGruber

Reaction score
If there's one thing I'm NOT scared of in this game, it's Blount. Most overrated RB in the league. Had a couple decent games against weak soft AFC defenses and suddenly he's "the next Lynch". LOL. OK.

Sherm would just wrap him up. It would be a boring 3 yard gain. Who cares. The Seahawks have been shutting down better runners every week and suddenly I'm supposed to worry about some never-has-been? Whatever.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HansGruber":mznix6ny said:
If there's one thing I'm NOT scared of in this game, it's Blount. Most overrated RB in the league. Had a couple decent games against weak soft AFC defenses and suddenly he's "the next Lynch". LOL. OK.

Sherm would just wrap him up. It would be a boring 3 yard gain. Who cares. The Seahawks have been shutting down better runners every week and suddenly I'm supposed to worry about some never-has-been? Whatever.
Blount has the 2nd most yards after contact in the NFL, not far behind Lynch.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":cugdrptt said:

You must mean per carry. Blount only has 125 carries this season.

Not worried about Blount, unless Seattle has one of those games where they go for the strip instead of the tackle. And if that happens Pete has only himself to blame.

LTH

Reaction score
I think it is lame that Browner said that... Sherman is his bro..

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
What Browner said just speaks to what's still prevalent among many defensive coaches. He further elaborated in his media day session that "if there's an injured player, we're suppose try to fall on their bad shoulder, etc" and used another similar example. That's why Doug Baldwin pretty much shrugged his shoulders and said Browner was being truthful rather that political.

Sherman and Thomas just need to keep their wits about them and try to protect themselves as well as possible. Interesting that when Sherman texted Browner he wrote "LOL, you know you just make it harder on your receivers." This game should be very interesting from a physical standpoint. Sunday (Monday where I'm at) can't get here fast enough!.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":2fjhe70a said:
Scottemojo":2fjhe70a said:

You must mean per carry. Blount only has 125 carries this season.

Not worried about Blount, unless Seattle has one of those games where they go for the strip instead of the tackle. And if that happens Pete has only himself to blame.

Yeah, he's definitely referring to yards after contact per carry. And only in this season's playoffs. And really, that is based on just one game against a porous Colts' run defense because Blount had just three touches for one yard in the other game against the Ravens.

Blount has rushed for over 800 yards only once in his career -- as a rookie in 2010 when he rushed for 1,007 yards and led the league with 2.94 yards after contact per carry. Since then, he had not lived up to that potential until his recent game against the Colts.