Overtime rules

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Why is it, when the team you're rooting for loses in OT, all of a sudden the rules must be changed? I watched every local sports report here and everyone of them now wants the rules changed.
Caveat...Erin is from around here...Chico-Oroville. Went to Butte College before Cal.
Ask Sac. He probably heard it too. And Suppaball.
Happened to the Seahawks twice this year.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
No need for a change. Unless you play a specified time like a 5th quarter, it will always come down to sudden death.

I bumped the Bronco thread that said this same ish. Aaron Rodgers doesn't deserve a chance because his TEAM didn't earn a chance.

I am so tired of people wanting to change rules because it doesn't suit them at a particular time. Jesus man up.. You lost

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ha. They WILL revisit the rule. Seattle did it to Peyton and Aaron, so like this years PI, illegal contact rules they will look at it because these rules can't keep benefiing SE Alaska.

I actually don't think they will but it will be funny if they do.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mike & Mike already talking about the same thing. Saying even if the team that wins the coin toss gets a TD the other team should get the ball once. I actually don't disagree. HOWEVER, if the shoe were on the other foot this morning and GB had won the toss and driven the field to win, all we'd be hearing about is how incredible Erin was and how GB got it done in the clutch and yadda, yadda, yadda. IMO there would be ZERO outcry to change the rule. But heaven for bid the mighty Pey Pey or the incredible Erin lose this way. It's not fair!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
The rules are just fine the way they are now .

Laloosh

Reaction score
I don't care either way. Change it if they want, I'd take our defense against a GB offense that only managed to score one TD in 60 minutes any day.

homerun1970

Reaction score
The rule should stay as it is, you want your chance dont give up a TD. If they change it to both get possession you are giving a huge advantage to the second team, they can go 4 downs the whole time. They act like GB didnt get to play in the OT they did it just was their defense.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
If someone from Green Bay mentions it about THIS game, ask them if we should change the "control the ball to the ground" rule that GAVE the win to them over Dallas to get them into a game with us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If your defense can't stop an 85 yard TD drive you don't deserve to win. If they hold Seattle to a FG, they have another shot. They had a chance, they failed. I'd be sayin my the same thing if roles were reversed and the Hawks lost the same way in OT.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1aj9uxke said:
If your defense can't stop an 85 yard TD drive you don't deserve to win. If they hold Seattle to a FG, they have another shot. They had a chance, they failed. I'd be sayin my the same thing if roles were reversed and the Hawks lost the same way in OT.

Capers went to well, but it was dry. Russ had him all figured out by then. Kinda scary to think this is only his third year.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
If there was more time in regulation the same thing would have happened. GB Field goal, Sea touchdown. There wouldn't have been an OT

grizbob

Reaction score
Yeah, they should change the coin toss to best out of three, and if that doesn't get the desired effect then best out of five and so on and so on :lol:

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
hawkfannj":8v04g5uc said:
The rules are just fine the way they are now .

I don't think they need to change them at all.

Greenbay had their chance. Stop ya'll or hold you to a field goal and the Golden Boy would have had his shot. They couldn't get that done and therefor they didn't deserve a shot for Rodgers to win the game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Current OT rules are just a reminder to actually work on building a decent defense, too; not just go all-in on offense.

Suck it, haters.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
homerun1970":digjwryg said:
If they change it to both get possession you are giving a huge advantage to the second team, they can go 4 downs the whole time.

Initially I didnt have a big issue with the potential rule change but you make a good point that I hadnt thought of.