"Prediction: Panthers will beat Seahawks"

ivotuk

Reaction score
"But what makes me go out on a limb are the intangibles. Any team that can survive its star quarterback breaking his back in a December car wreck and its head coach being left homeless by a house fire the Monday before this game seems destined.

Prediction: Panthers 16, Seahawks 14"

"Breaking" his back? Really? I'm somewhat of an expert on spines and he did NOT "break" his back! He fractured a bone or two, and while it's painful, it doesn't limit one's movement. Now, if you have TEN fused disks, that can limit your movement quite a bit, and the pain is constant, but not even that compares to a "broken" back which puts people in a wheelchair.

Can't believe ESPN published that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/

From further down the page

"Jonathan Stewart was in the sixth grade the first time he played at the Seattle Seahawks' home stadium, the defunct Kingdome. His little league team was there for a game, but more than that, he remembers seeing Seahawks legends Joey Galloway, Ricky Watters and Warren Moon during warm-ups.

"It was like, 'Oh, wow! Maybe one day I can be here," Stewart recalled."

kidhawk

Reaction score
I saw that and wrote it off for the homerism that it was. There won't be too many people who actually believe the Panthers will win this weekend outside the panthers and some faithful. Many are hoping that we lose though.

I posted an article from NFL.com this morning that had some tweets people had replying to the question of how the Panthers could possibly beat the Seahawks and the hate from those fans was a wonderful thing to read, because it wouldn't exist if we weren't so good

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I give the Panthers a chance. Anytime you have a great defense you can win. I remember the Hawks being 8-2 with a stout defensive Bucs team that had very little offense coming up here and winning 16-3. Now I realize that the Hawks have a legendary defense themselves but if Russell turns the ball over a few times with the panthers having some success on the ground and anything can happen.

Playoffs are a different animal. I also remember Jacksonville upsetting Denver in the 2nd round also and they had no business winning that game. I think the Hawks will win but it is not a sure thing.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
kidhawk":39syzf0f said:
I saw that and wrote it off for the homerism that it was. There won't be too many people who actually believe the Panthers will win this weekend outside the panthers and some faithful. Many are hoping that we lose though.

I posted an article from NFL.com this morning that had some tweets people had replying to the question of how the Panthers could possibly beat the Seahawks and the hate from those fans was a wonderful thing to read, because it wouldn't exist if we weren't so good

For some reason I feel a whole lot better about Dallas or Green Bay than Carolina. I hope I am wrong. :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

grizbob

Reaction score
kidhawk":v9ry8hqr said:

Sometimes sour grapes can taste SO sweet :th2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This tells you everything you need to know about this author's credibility and bias.

David Newton

Bio | Chats | E-mail
Covered Panthers, NFL for 11 years

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Meh. The league and most of the entire nation didn't want the Hawks to get one ring, let alone two.

Makes it all the more satisfying....

tom sawyer

Reaction score
...to the locker room at half time?

Yeah, I agree. They will likely beat us at this.

:177692:

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
newton breaking his back and the coach homeless? wow thats creative license gone wild there. i guess i could say that the cold i had a few weeks back was "a crippling virus" and that "through perseverance and dedication i was able to will myself back to health" yeah that makes me sounds pretty tough.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Seahawks ooze intangibles out their ears. Cam Newton is a slightly bigger Kaepernick.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Funny I was reading through all this drivel as well. He also said this:

"But when it comes to being tough to bring down, Stewart has been every bit of the beast Lynch showed with his 67-yard 2010 playoff touchdown run against the New Orleans Saints that earned him his nickname."

Seriously, "every bit of the Beast." Then he goes on to say an example was when he "spun" out of two tackles on the 13 yard score against Zona. I guess his fan base eats this stuff up, or maybe they feel a lot the same as many of us do with Blount.

Does not matter of course. We play our game and he can eat his crow.

Go Hawks!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Stewart is actually a pretty good back. He hinted that he wanted to play for the Seahawks in a pre-game interview.

I expect to see a lot of him, and Tolbert used in the redzone if they make it there.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Stewart is the only Panther that concerns me. He's clearly Carolina's X-factor tomorrow. If Seattle can hold him under 60 yards and keep him from the end zone, I'm not sure that the Panthers can win, aside from some very uncharacteristic turnovers from our offense. Philly Brown might not even play, either.

Our team has given up only two big rushing games to 2014 opponents (Charles and Murray), but Stewart's effort - a 4.9 ypc/79 yd. game - was probably the next best effort. Stewart wasn't even the feature back in Carolina at that time, and his rushing style could give us fits without Mebane or Hill.

I'm hoping for something closer to the last time Carolina played a postseason game in Seattle, obviously. But I don't see Rivera giving us that opportunity.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
"But what makes me go out on a limb are the intangibles. Any team that can survive its star quarterback breaking his back in a December car wreck and its head coach being left homeless by a house fire the Monday before this game seems destined.

Prediction: Panthers 16, Seahawks 14"

Seems like more of a bad omen of whats to come. Going against the Defense is like getting into an accident. Go against Russell and Marshawn and you gonna get burned...

go hawks.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I should become a sportswriter. I mean, I'll have to take a boulder to the skull in order to get the prerequisite amount of experience, but I'm sure I could do it.

I mean, hurr, durr, Panthers are playing loose and no Super Bowl team has repeated in ten years!

2_0_6

Reaction score
just heard their announcer on Sports radio and all I could do is chuckle.. Apparently he said out of ALL the teams that made the playoffs, they hoped to face us out of all of them.

I understand being a total homer for a team, but at what point is the line of stupidity crossed?