"Prediction: Panthers will beat Seahawks"

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Anything can happen when a team is playing well and the Panthers are playing well.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":ewayx3xm said:
just heard their announcer on Sports radio and all I could do is chuckle.. Apparently he said out of ALL the teams that made the playoffs, they hoped to face us out of all of them.

I understand being a total homer for a team, but at what point is the line of stupidity crossed?

I can see it. I read something similar that the Panthers wanted the Seahawks. Why wouldn't they? Surely they didn't want to go back to Lambeau where they got nuked by a high octane offense. They couldn't go to Dallas, but if they could they probably were worried about Dallas stout OL and Romo/Dez/Whitten/Murray.

With Seattle they have seen this game 3 straight years and despite where it was played they most likely are very confident that they can hold their own with the style of offense that Seattle puts out. In their eyes they probably see Cardinals/Seattle as a sign that they only had the NFCCG to have a huge amount of dread on who they would play.

Sure the CLink will be loud and Cam hasn't played here before but I could see talking myself into feeling good about my chances if I were a Panthers fan. We play the style of ball they feel comfortable playing. They look more like an NFC West style team rather than a high-scoring one from the other divisions.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":220d6rak said:
I give the Panthers a chance. Anytime you have a great defense you can win. I remember the Hawks being 8-2 with a stout defensive Bucs team that had very little offense coming up here and winning 16-3. Now I realize that the Hawks have a legendary defense themselves but if Russell turns the ball over a few times with the panthers having some success on the ground and anything can happen.

Playoffs are a different animal. I also remember Jacksonville upsetting Denver in the 2nd round also and they had no business winning that game. I think the Hawks will win but it is not a sure thing.
So....hmmm, you're thinking that Russell Wilson, and not Cam Newton could turn the ball over a FEW times, and the Panthers running game trouncing the Seahawks dozing and sloppy Defense for the win? :34853_doh:
I suppose just about anything is possible. SMH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
grizbob":39d92pfd said:
kidhawk":39d92pfd said:
I saw that and wrote it off for the homerism that it was. There won't be too many people who actually believe the Panthers will win this weekend outside the panthers and some faithful. Many are hoping that we lose though.

I posted an article from NFL.com this morning that had some tweets people had replying to the question of how the Panthers could possibly beat the Seahawks and the hate from those fans was a wonderful thing to read, because it wouldn't exist if we weren't so good

Sometimes sour grapes can taste SO sweet :th2thumbs:
Yep, and sometimes those sour grapes make some pretty good wine too :16:

irocdave

Reaction score
Anything is possible, but we all know what is likely to happen. As does anyone that follows the NFL. Let the guy print his thoughts, it's obviously focused on the Panthers fan base. Hawk fans should revisit how the media trashed the Hawks when they were 7-9 and in the playoffs not all that long ago. We all know how that played out and layed the ground work for todays team. The Panthers have some of the pieces to do the same thing.

This time of year every team has a punchers chance. The last 3 games against the Panthers have been close and to be honest, one of them took a clutch play by Browner to win. Yes, not a home, 10:00am starts, hot, humid weather, got it. Let the Panthers fans have their day in the sun, there team is close to being a consistent winner in the NFL.

We are in our glory years right now, show some respect and let the up and comers have some media spotlight. We all know it's going to be fleeting as does 99 percent of the media. Do you guys know how long it took for the media to respect the Hawks the way they are now?

A couple of homer prognosticators shouldn't leave Hawk fans butt hurt.

panthers4life

Reaction score
David Newton is the Panther's beat writer and def a homer. I'm just surprised that you guys are so sensitive to any media picking the Panthers that you would start a thread for our hometown guy picking them. ;)

Everyone knows you're the better team, including all the fans over here. We ALSO know the better team doesn't always win.

Throwdown

Reaction score
panthers4life":1dimrvlo said:
David Newton is the Panther's beat writer and def a homer. I'm just surprised that you guys are so sensitive to any media picking the Panthers that you would start a thread for our hometown guy picking them. ;)

Everyone knows you're the better team, including all the fans over here. We ALSO know the better team doesn't always win.

Seahawks fan's are sensitive to anything they see as disrespect, been that way since water became wet.

panthers4life

Reaction score
Throwdown":33oo9nvx said:
panthers4life":33oo9nvx said:

Seahawks fan's are sensitive to anything they see as disrespect, been that way since water became wet.

Well, the largest percentage of David Newton readers are Panthers fans, I imagine picking the Panthers is probably his best bait to lure readers to his content. I'm sure he's happy to have you guys reading it as well!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
panthers4life":183wvys7 said:
Yeah, no biggie. He just forgot to publish the write-up under his nom de plume: Hyper Beau Lee

formido

Reaction score
We've seen this story before. Arizona's team and fans said exactly the same stuff. They had even more reason for confidence. Careful what you wish for.

vonstout

Reaction score
So much for Seattles pedestrian offense. They turned it on in the second half. And we didn't play that we'll.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
dang, i missed it, did they beat us to the locker room at half time?