We are a Beast of a running team... again.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Seattle rush offense was the 5th best of all time. The Hawks were number one team in rushing team up the middle into the heart of defenses.

Marshawn is a Beast and is only the 6th running back in history to rush for 11 TD in 4 straight years, The other 5 are Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, Ladainian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson and....... Shaun Alexander. Pretty damn good company there.

The Hawks had 83 -10 yrds or more runs this year, the next closest was Green Bay at 67. That is one more big run per game than every other team.

We ended up 11th in the NFL in third down conversion.

In a league that is just so biased in passing we have shown that a dominant running game and defense will put at the top.

Erebus

Reaction score
McGruff":2u4xey44 said:
Who is Shawn Alexander?

Would it be so hard to intelligently respond to a post instead of nitpicking about spelling?

The touchdowns are why I believe both Shaun Alexander and Marshawn Lynch belong in the Hall of Fame.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":26abs26f said:
McGruff":26abs26f said:
Who is Shawn Alexander?

Exactly, he doesn't belong listed anywhere near those all time greats

Yet he does with the stat that was given.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
pehawk":2ywy0e1z said:
Fire Cable
So that's what happen to Shaun Alexander. It wasn't that he hurt his foot or we got poisoned pilled by hutch. It was because Shaun went from dish Shaun to Cable Alexander. It all makes sense now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I thought that was Shaunie Alaxander.. :roll:

Mick063

Reaction score
As Tim Layden wrote in "Blood, Sweat, and Chalk," "In a four-year period starting in 1995 and culminating in back-to-back Super Bowl victories to end the '97 and '98 seasons, Terrell Davis ran for 6,413 yards. Eight different offensive linemen started at least 14 games for the Broncos; all of them weighed less than 300 pounds. They were quick and athletic, and if their cut blocking rankled opponents who deemed it dangerous or career-threatening, it was also well within the rules."

I know why we can't pass block worth a crap, but who cares? This team is emulating the "plug n play" Broncos zone blocking scheme of the late 90's. It didn't matter who they plugged in at running back or along the front, the Broncos were going to lead the league in rushing.

false start

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2aghtast said:
McGruff":2aghtast said:
Who is Shawn Alexander?

Yet hes our only NFL MVP and helped lead us to our first super bowl. Why not embrace the past and appreciate the time and sacrifice of his body he and others put out there for our enjoyment?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I thought this was a passing league ... no?
I thought Running backs were no longer en vogue and drafting a solid running back ... was a wasted pick?
I thought Running Backs could be replaced like underwear ...
I thought our offense was pedestrian and college gimmicks that can't work in the NFL?
I thought our play calling was not sustainable ...

lkjhpoiu

Reaction score
Sort of off topic, well on topic for spelling Shawn/Shaun/Sean...

Story from a friend of mine who was on his bachelor party and cam out of the hotel looking for the limo they'd booked. One was parked at the front and he went up to the driver and asked "Is this the limo for Sean Alexander?". The driver replied "Yes it is, who are you?".

My friend is a 5'9" ish white guy so when he responded "I'm Sean Alexander" you can sort of see why the driver went "Yeah right" - They had it sorted out after a few minutes. Apparently Shaun Alexander was also at the hotel for his party - They were getting married around the same time.

To add to it, he received a wedding gift from Mike & Kathy Holmgren - Apparently they were registered at the same store - They called the Hawks FO and sent the gift back, I can't remember if they got anything for doing the right thing.

Got to love the English language with words spelt differently but pronounced the same.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
false start":1p4mm70d said:
therealjohncarlson":1p4mm70d said:
McGruff":1p4mm70d said:
Who is Shawn Alexander?

Yet hes our only NFL MVP and helped lead us to our first super bowl. Why not embrace the past and appreciate the time and sacrifice of his body he and others put out there for our enjoyment?

Don't bother.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Our numbers may have been even better without Percy Harvin as the focal point of the offense for the first six weeks (five weeks, minus the bye). Granted, Harvin rushed for 41 and 45 yards in the first two games, but even so...

false start

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2exv1772 said:
false start":2exv1772 said:
therealjohncarlson":2exv1772 said:
McGruff":2exv1772 said:
Who is Shawn Alexander?

Don't bother.
Oh... hes one of THOSE guys..

Thanks for the headsup

lsheldon

Reaction score
How many of those 83 came from Russell? NFL.com stats doesn't say, but he has 11 that are 20+ and 3 of those are 40+. I would imagine that those +16 (if not more) over all other NFL teams comes from Russell and his ability.

And I love Marshawn too and feel he's the best we've ever had, just saying he hasn't accounted for all of it.