2 questions...

Geordie Hawk

Reaction score
1. Does anyone still think playoffs are a possibility give the standings and remaining games?

2. Is it just me or are the majority of the passing yards from Wilson scrambling on broken plays rather than from scripted ones? This cant be effective long term can it? (i appreciate it's been the way since he joined, but i cant see it working long term)

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I agree. I know there's injuries. Oline isn't the best and WR's aren't getting open or whatever. I just want to see Wilson in the pocket and make a play to a scripted route. I feel his plays are from receivers improvising. I don't know the number but from someone who just watches the game, this is what it seems to be.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
1: No, this team is not making the playoffs.

2: Bevell can't design an effective passing attack to save his life.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
It's called the panic offense . We just don't drop back and throw it . No slants no 10 yard hitches no deep post . Just no no no yes yes yes . And to answer your ?s . No it's not looking good for the playoffs . IMHO we don't have the horses to get it done on both sides of the ball. And without lynch we have no offense at all . Wilson's success is the by product of lynchs running. I don't think Wilson can carry this team on his arm . The Fran Tarkington crap is getting old .

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2s56sbke said:
It's called the panic offense . We just don't drop back and throw it . No slants no 10 yard hitches no deep post . Just no no no yes yes yes . And to answer your ?s . No it's not looking good for the playoffs . IMHO we don't have the horses to get it done on both sides of the ball. And without lynch we have no offense at all . Wilson's success is the by product of lynchs running. I don't think Wilson can carry this team on his arm . The Fran Tarkington crap is getting old .

Lynch's ailing back can't get us the crucial yardages either. Funny how we have no number 1 receiver and Wilson's scrambling for plays is to blame.
I'm watching Rodgers tare apart the Eagles and it looks so easy with his offensive line and open receivers. Must be nice to Aaron Rodgers.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How can anyone watch that game and blame Wilson? He hit Kearse for what would of been the go ahead TD. He played very well today. The receivers were blanketed all day long and Wilson was putting the ball into tight windows. He also had 70 yards rushing and we had 3-4 drops to boot. Wilson and Lynch are the only two guys capable of making something happen and both players are playing about as hard as someone can. This loss isn't on Wilson.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
So Kearse drops a TD and it's his fault, but Wilson misses a wide open Baldwin for 6 and he did no wrong?

Either play we win. Both plays and we win easily.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":zyk5j0sr said:
hawkfannj":zyk5j0sr said:

Lynch's ailing back can't get us the crucial yardages either. Funny how we have no number 1 receiver and Wilson's scrambling for plays is to blame.
I'm watching Rodgers tare apart the Eagles and it looks so easy with his offensive line and open receivers. Must be nice to Aaron Rodgers.
Do we ever just drop back and sling it . What I'm getting at is all of our passing yards seem to come on broken plays not by design .

hawkfannj

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2ker9ffz said:
Russ Willstrong":2ker9ffz said:
hawkfannj":2ker9ffz said:

Do we ever just drop back and sling it . What I'm getting at is all of our passing yards seem to come on broken plays not by design .
And when you go to the well on every play almost with lynch he is bound to get stuffed here or there . No team in this league respects our non existant passing game

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson had plenty of chances. He missed opportunities to put the ball in places that kept drives going or gave our guys opportunities to run in for the score.

He also didn't have a lot to work with. But you cannot have it both ways, Wilson had a chance to win it and he didn't produce.

That is what the team looks like when you don't have Lynch or they shut him down. Can Wilson consistently be the #1 offensive threat? So far, no.

IN fact, if you want to point to the specific play that made the difference between winning and losing, it was his idiotic audible that wound the clock down and gave us a flag. That made it 10 yards to go instead of 5, which essentially doomed that drive.

We go the ball again so we had other chances, but we had momentum and were driving down the field. We would have picked up the 5 yards.

I suppose you could call the missed 4th down the pivotal play with Lynch but I think we lost the opportunity to seal it up far earlier than that.

We are lucky to have Wilson, but I think that he is regressing a bit closer to the mean as far as his superhuman performances. And I don't think the team can be consistently a playoff contender if Wilson is your primary threat, we have to have Lynch winning games for us or we better get a better OL line, TE, WR group & passrush.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Geordie Hawk":2s4dx8q3 said:
1. Does anyone still think playoffs are a possibility give the standings and remaining games?

Yes, the playoffs are still possible! The NFL is random, you never know how things will play out. (ex: Broncos v. Rams today)

I will keep believing we can make it if/until we are mathematically eliminated.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The playoffs are clearly a possibility. If you feel otherwise I understand, but give it a couple days to let perspective sink in. The NFC west is going to produce a wild card team.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":5a0wxg2h said:
I agree. I know there's injuries. Oline isn't the best and WR's aren't getting open or whatever. I just want to see Wilson in the pocket and make a play to a scripted route. I feel his plays are from receivers improvising. I don't know the number but from someone who just watches the game, this is what it seems to be.

There were a few today but not many, the issue is the routes are not good, and the Wr are worse, and then of course oline is bad too.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawkfannj":4ouqngb8 said:

Hmm and yet Wilson has done it with his arm even with the bad oline and wrs, however Fran Tarkenton had better WR than Wilson. FYI Lynch benefits as much form Wilsons running and being a threat as Wilson form Lynch. Heard of the read option, we run it and it benefits them both.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":vu1yrkzh said:
hawkfannj":vu1yrkzh said:

Imagine if Wilson had those Wr and that oline both of which are ranked way higher than ours.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":39tytrsy said:
So Kearse drops a TD and it's his fault, but Wilson misses a wide open Baldwin for 6 and he did no wrong?

Either play we win. Both plays and we win easily.

Dude Wilson threw the ball to the exact place it should have been thrown, Baldwin got knock of the route with no call and instead of keeping going he decides to stop and cry. That is not on Wilson. ITs a timing pattern and Wilson threw it perfectly. Had Baldwin not been knocked off the route or kept going he has it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3annq84k said:
Wilson had plenty of chances. He missed opportunities to put the ball in places that kept drives going or gave our guys opportunities to run in for the score.

He also didn't have a lot to work with. But you cannot have it both ways, Wilson had a chance to win it and he didn't produce.

That is what the team looks like when you don't have Lynch or they shut him down. Can Wilson consistently be the #1 offensive threat? So far, no.

IN fact, if you want to point to the specific play that made the difference between winning and losing, it was his idiotic audible that wound the clock down and gave us a flag. That made it 10 yards to go instead of 5, which essentially doomed that drive.

We go the ball again so we had other chances, but we had momentum and were driving down the field. We would have picked up the 5 yards.

I suppose you could call the missed 4th down the pivotal play with Lynch but I think we lost the opportunity to seal it up far earlier than that.

We are lucky to have Wilson, but I think that he is regressing a bit closer to the mean as far as his superhuman performances. And I don't think the team can be consistently a playoff contender if Wilson is your primary threat, we have to have Lynch winning games for us or we better get a better OL line, TE, WR group & passrush.

:pukeface: worst post of the thread, to point to an audible as why we lost and not to a TD drop is just wrong. FYI Wilson has won games for us with little to no help form Lynch. FYI no team will be a constant playoff threat with a GREAT QB but not know other offensive threats, duh really bad post.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Honest question :

In college, was Wilson a drop back and pass guy, or was he always a run around and pass guy?