Question for those at the game

Abach

Reaction score
Due to the side TV camera angle my vision is so limited to how down the field plays develop. My question is if RW3 had open receivers over the middle. Noticed that most of the completions were to the side hashes, not much else. Thanks!

Chawks1

Reaction score
Yeah, good question we noticed that too. Anyone with All-22 able to help answer this one?

canhawkfan

Reaction score
was at the game yesterday sitting in 318
On the first interception our TE was running right down the middle with nobody
within 10 yards of him.
the next series they ran the same play and went to the TE for a great gain.

you can really see when guys are wide open when sitting up a little higher

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
canhawkfan":37xspnvu said:
was at the game yesterday sitting in 318
On the first interception our TE was running right down the middle with nobody
within 10 yards of him.
the next series they ran the same play and went to the TE for a great gain.

you can really see when guys are wide open when sitting up a little higher

Which TE though? Willson I am sure has become suspect as a viable receiver of choice for Russell based on his performance lately.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying about Willson.
Things happen pretty quickly on the field but if a guys that wide open,you hit him.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
I started typing out a comment on quarterback progressions probably indicated that was his first option and how a better throw outside was completable but after going back and watching the play, RW just flat out blew this one. And I'm not really sure how he managed to miss it. The play is designed to go to the slot receiver(Baldwin?) at the top of the screen (comments above thought it was a TE, an easy mistake when recalling from memory as this play is often run for the TE). It's play action to Lynch, both inside linebackers (and the safety actually) step up to play the run, the nickel corner at the top of screen is playing outside leverage on the receiver and goes to cover the flat. The only defender in the middle of the field is the safety who's at least 15 yards past the LOS. The Giant's D' does exactly what you want them to do, exactly what this play is designed to do, the primary receiver is unbelievably wide open from the very beginning and Russ doesn't throw it to him. For whatever weird reason, he just missed it. I'm sure someone in the booth took note of that and they ran it again later in the game for the completion as previously noted by Canhawkfan. I wasn't able to find a clip of it online anywhere, but if someone has it dvr'd or all-22 you can double check this, I'm pretty sure it was exactly the same play just run to the other side that went to Baldwin.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I know Willson has quite a few drops this year but he has probably taken some of the worst hits you can take on those. I'm not ready to give up on him yet because although the passes were there he was flat out hammered. I still think he will be OK but I want Zack Miller back!