LETS GO NOLES!!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
LETS GO NOLES!!
Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:29 am
  • Noles win the BCS, Hawks win the SB,and the Blazers win the finals, this will be the best sports year of my life. lets do this!!
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 pm
  • muxpux wrote:Noles win the BCS, Hawks win the SB,and the Blazers win the finals, this will be the best sports year of my life. lets do this!!

What would you rather have...
    1) Seahawks win Super Bowl & FSU win BCS title, with Blazers making a short run in the playoffs & Mariners missing playoffs.
    2) Seahawks win Super Bowl & Blazers win NBA title, with FSU losing BCS title game & Mariners missing playoffs.
    3) Seahawks win Super Bowl & Mariners win World Series, with FSU losing BCS title game & Blazers making a short run in the playoffs.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:40 pm
  • What is this ridiculous split screen crap with this set of tools over riding the game / announcers? This is retarded+. Really pissing me off. Clown school.

EDIT...apparently ESPN 2 has some new approach for people too stupid to watch the game without their hands held.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:27 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:What is this ridiculous split screen crap with this set of tools over riding the game / announcers? This is retarded+. Really pissing me off. Clown school.

EDIT...apparently ESPN 2 has some new approach for people too stupid to watch the game without their hands held.

Watch the game on ESPN, that channel isn't doing that annoying split screen thing that ESPN 2 is doing.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 pm
  • 21-3 Auburn
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:52 pm
  • War Eagle, That is all.
    SEAHAWG
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 pm
  • Actually, I am a Razorback fan, and a Seahawk fan
    SEAHAWG
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:56 pm
  • I dont want Winston to win anything.. In fact he can go away and i would be okay with it.
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:08 pm
  • SEAHAWG wrote:Actually, I am a Razorback fan, and a Seahawk fan

You should be embarrassed that you said 'war eagle' then.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:18 pm
  • Game is far from over. FSU is a second half team.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:12 pm
  • It was a great game.
    I'm so happy the SEC didn't win.
    I'm an old Pac10 guy. And tired of the SEC.
    NOT hating just saying.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:13 pm
  • That was a fun game
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:20 pm
  • Great game it was...happy to see FSU win.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Great game it was...happy to see FSU win.

:13:
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 pm
  • Disappointed in the outcome, but still proud of Auburn this season. War Damn Eagle!

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 pm
  • Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:35 am
  • WilsonMVP wrote:Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.

No one else made a better case, so get bent.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:42 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.

Meh. That could be argued. Auburn took advantage of a pro-SEC bias. Pac 12 was a better division. No way Auburn losses less than 2 games if they're in the Pac 12.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:37 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.

Meh. That could be argued. Auburn took advantage of a pro-SEC bias. Pac 12 was a better division. No way Auburn losses less than 2 games if they're in the Pac 12.

If, if, if. I could say that if Oregon or Washington or Stanford was in the SEC, they'd lose 3+. There's zero chance of ever actually finding that out, so it's a safe platitude to throw out there.

Auburn beat every team they faced with the exception of LSU and won their conference. So no SEC team had a better claim. Everyone in the PAC12 had 2 or more losses. No conference winner other than Michigan State had an equal claim, so I suppose if someone wanted to challenge Auburn's legitimacy as a NC game participant, you'd have to start with them rather than anyone in the PAC12.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 am
  • With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.

Wait... so because Stanford lost a game to MSU the entire conference is bad? Seriously?

Sorry but if MSU and Auburn had to play in the Pac-12, there's zero chance those schools are even in contention. Pac-12 was by far the best conference in college football this year, and Stanford isn't even the best school in the Pac-12.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.

Wait... so because Stanford lost a game to MSU the entire conference is bad? Seriously?

Sorry but if MSU and Auburn had to play in the Pac-12, there's zero chance those schools are even in contention. Pac-12 was by far the best conference in college football this year, and Stanford isn't even the best school in the Pac-12.

Wait, if Stanford wasn't, then who was? It sure wasn't Oregon, USC, OSU, UW, UCLA, or ASU. I don't think Mich. State was that good (nor was the Big 10 in general), but they beat an overranked Cardinal team who in turn beat a lot of overranked Pac-12 teams. I hate to say it, but it's true. Each Pac-12 team this year lost games they shouldn't have.

I hate the SEC as much as anybody, but in general, I don't think there was a whole lot of strength to go around and Auburn was the last survivor of a good, but not great, group. So they deserved their shot the same as anyone else.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:43 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.

Again, if if if. It's damn easy to throw out claims that can never be proven or disproven.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:32 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:

Michigan State made just as good of a case.
    Super Bowl Champions

Conference Champions
    2005, 2013

Division Champions
    1988, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013

"Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 pm
  • 2013 BOWL RECORDS
    Conference W L Pct.
    Sun Belt 2 0 1.000
    Southeastern 7 3 .700
    Pac-12 6 3 .667
    Independents 2 1 .667
    Big 12 3 3 .500
    C-USA 3 3 .500
    Mountain West 3 3 .500
    Atlantic Coast 5 6 .454
    American 2 3 .400
    Big Ten 2 5 .286
    Mid-American 0 5 .000

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/67862/final-conference-bowl-records
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:37 pm
  • Seahawks1983 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:

Michigan State made just as good of a case.

Which is why I referenced them as being a far more legit place to start the debate than any PAC12 team.

That said, I believe that Auburn played a tougher schedule and their win over Alabama was a better win than any that MSU had. But I could see plenty of arguments the other way, too.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:13 pm
  • Speaking of PAC 12 games..how about that WSU game against Auburn AT AUBURN with the Cougs only being down 4 points going into the 4th quarter. I didnt personally watch the game, but I still remember alot of comments about bias reffing after the game was over.

How about the Georgia game where Auburn threw up a 70 yard prayer bomb on 4th and 18 with 25 seconds left where it bounced off 2 defenders when all they had to do was bat it down.

And we all know what happened in the Alabama game....
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:Speaking of PAC 12 games..how about that WSU game against Auburn AT AUBURN with the Cougs only being down 4 points going into the 4th quarter. I didnt personally watch the game, but I still remember alot of comments about bias reffing after the game was over.

How about the Georgia game where Auburn threw up a 70 yard prayer bomb on 4th and 18 with 25 seconds left where it bounced off 2 defenders when all they had to do was bat it down.

And we all know what happened in the Alabama game....

Wins are wins. Yes, Auburn had some strokes of luck this season. Show me a team that doesn't.

Oh, and I love the complaints about a team's validity followed by, "I didn't watch the games."

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information