Zach Miller Returns

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Neither Willson nor McCoy would ever make it to a practice squad even if they were eligible. Come on, guys. Sean freakin' McGrath was taken with the #1 waiver wire pick when we cut him.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
McCoy doesn't have practice squad eligibility he's played two full seasons and Luke w. Would never pass waivers. That said I am not at all surprised miller took the pay cut. Tight ends aren't making a lot on the open market, I bet he is making more on his restructured deal then he would have had he been cut.

Maxman186

Reaction score
Looks like he is happy about resigning Zach:

Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 1h
Wow!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Finley still fits. We might only carry 5 WRs next season, and one of them, Harvin, is not necessarily going to be a traditional WR and will line up all over the place.

With Finley, we'll have a TE playing WR and our top WR playing out of the backfield/RB sometimes, which is so Seahawky that it makes sense.

gadgor

Reaction score
How does this signing impact the salary cap this year?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
gadgor":38fcsvoe said:
How does this signing impact the salary cap this year?

Since he cut his salary from 6million (7 million cap hit) to 3million I have to think it saves at least a couple million.

gargantual

Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing Finley on the same field with Miller and all our other catching weapons (Harvin °slobber° :)) Too many options is a good thing (& a great thing we have to keep reminding ourselves of that!).

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Great news! I think there's still a real good chance we add Finley and, as stated previously, you have those two TE sets. Keeping Zach keeps the position group solid, adding Finley would provide us an advantage at the position vs. most teams in the conference.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Maxman186":24ib8clf said:
Looks like he is happy about resigning Zach:

Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 1h
Wow!

He posted that when Peppers signed with GB

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1gn4oykg said:
TheWalrus":1gn4oykg said:
Hard to believe they would 4 TE's on the roster.
Not really. Going into TC they usually have at least that many. Plus, both McCoy (I think) and Willson have PS eligibility still.
no way on mcoy. This will be his 5th year in the league...

Maxman186

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m
Don't think so. If he'll come for a reasonable contract... RT @NolanStearns: @RapSheet so is Finley out then as an option for Seattle?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Saying retaining Zach would lessen our interest in Finley is like saying having Zach would lessen our interest in Kelvin Benjamin. Two completely different players.

Maxman186

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3j6qja3v said:
Saying retaining Zach would lessen our interest in Finley is like saying having Zach would lessen our interest in Kelvin Benjamin. Two completely different players.

Two different breeds of TE

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":rmm9iuf7 said:
TheWalrus":rmm9iuf7 said:
Hard to believe they would 4 TE's on the roster.
We did carry 2 fullbacks last season.

And I wouldn't complain if we re-signed Mike Rob and did it again. Both Mike Rob and Coleman are great on Special Teams, so it was nice to have them both.

sc85sis

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3a4wsrg1 said:
McCoy doesn't have practice squad eligibility he's played two full seasons and Luke w. Would never pass waivers. That said I am not at all surprised miller took the pay cut. Tight ends aren't making a lot on the open market, I bet he is making more on his restructured deal then he would have had he been cut.

Neither one is eligible because they both have an accrued season on the books.

plyka

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":1hhzx68v said:
Awesome! I wonder if this removes Finley completely as a potential signing, or if they envision a role for him potentially alongside Zach. Still hoping we target Austin Seferian-Jenkins in round two if his injury causes him to slide that fsr. That would be ideal IMO. But this is a great move in its own right.

Have you ever watched finleys 2012 highlight video in YouTube? I just watched it and realized that the guy even looks like a WR. Rarely did I see him make a highlight play from the TE position. He was always split out wide.

I think that we may have a sweezy situation with Finley. They are planning to pay TE money for a player that's going to play a WR role.