Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Naz Jones

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Cassius Marsh

Votes: 17 29.3%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
There is some great competition going on this pre-season. Who do you think will be this biggest surprise cut. You can vote for two since I'm also assuming all these guys would make the team.Maybe you don't think they are a surprise but I would say all of them are fighting for a roster spot at the moment and if any of these guys get cut there will be plenty of people who are surprised by it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not sure Shead or Marsh would be a surprise cut as they are camp bodies only...or at least they better be...I voted Griffin....although doubtful until next season.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jarron Brown. They're pumping him up hoping a team like the Giants will cough up a 5th. If they can't find a suitor, he's gone.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Of the list you gave the only real surprise would be BBK.

I think Bark Mingo is still squarely on the bubble. If they find someone cheaper who can fill his role he could be cut.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3c4piipt said:

I think Bark Mingo is still squarely on the bubble. If they find someone cheaper who can fill his role he could be cut.

Agreed. Dickson as well, but he seems more solidified unless someone really rises.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Here are the vets that would provide the most cap relief if cut;

Ed Dickson 3.6M
Mingo 3.2M
J. Brown 2.75M
Marsh 1.8M

So these are probably my top 4 surprise cuts, even though as some have mentioned any time a journeyman type vet is cut, it's not really a surprise.

Pete and John like their vets for depth, but they also trust their ability to coach up and prepare their 1st and 2nd year players...........so I'd be shocked if we cut anyone like Jennings, BBK or Qeum, as they're cheap and haven't reached their potential vs cost/risk Mason Dixon line to where it makes sense for Pete to give up on them.

Hell, if Pete's held onto Prosise his entire rookie contract, why would you think he'd give up on guys like Jennings, BBK and Griffin so soon? You don't spend draft capital on players, even later round players and give up on them before even seeing them in games that matter.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2egt7e23 said:

Pretty much this. The other four are already camp fodder-level.

HawkGA

Reaction score
McGruff":27y8vp53 said:
oldhawkfan":27y8vp53 said:
Mike Iupati

If Haynes were healthy and practicing I would be on board with that.

But he isn't.

This.

I'll go with the kicker. They'll let the punter do everything.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Biggest Surprise Cut?
So is that who I’d be most suprised was cut? In that case , Russell Wilson.
Or do you want someone that actually could be cut in which case I’m not sure I’d be surprised.
Anyone on the bubble is fodder for cuts.

How about K.J. Wright? He’s a lock by most accounts but has had injury issues and hungry kids behind him?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1v1rrg7t said:
How about K.J. Wright? He’s a lock by most accounts but has had injury issues and hungry kids behind him?

I'll be with you with KJ next year, but this year his dead cap hit would be 6.5M............so even if he's still hampered by injuries I think Pete and John would give him another full season to try to regain him form.

But if we're having this conversation again next year during training camp or even the off season and KJ had another injury prone year? Definitely is on the bubble.

McGruff

Reaction score
quadsas":25lbjmzv said:

I dont think Jennings would be a big surprise to me.

After Lockette and Metxalf, it's kind of a big pile of who knows what.

quadsas

Reaction score
McGruff":37grzjir said:
quadsas":37grzjir said:

I dont think Jennings would be a big surprise to me.

After Lockette and Metxalf, it's kind of a big pile of who knows what.

Well considering we didn't cut Darboh, I doubt Pete's cutting Round 4 draftee. So it would be a surprise for me

Latest posts