You Better Win It All This Year Hawks.

RabidFrenzy

Reaction score
NoChops":1kf9x6x2 said:
This is easy sir.

Head to the market. Buy a handful of fresh shrimp.
Place in brown paper lunch sack.
Fold the top closed and apply an 8 inch piece of duct tape to the top leaving a couple of inches hanging over each side.
Make your way into your neighbor's house.
Duct tape the shrimp to the underside of his dining room table.
Check up on him in 3-4 days when he can't find the stink that is making his house unlivable.
Make sweet love to the wife, sleep having seahawk dreams.

Issue solved.

Priceless. :D

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3tbivez0 said:
zhawk":3tbivez0 said:
I spent 28 years in niner and rayduh land having to listen to constant abuse. a little town called Lodi. have since moved to Texas and seem to get less flack here. maybe there's more tolerance here? or Dallas :49ersmall: fans know we just own them.

Lodi Dodi? We likes to party?
We don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody, we're........

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
MissoulaHawk":2rynrdi7 said:
Zebulon Dak":2rynrdi7 said:
zhawk":2rynrdi7 said:
I spent 28 years in niner and rayduh land having to listen to constant abuse. a little town called Lodi. have since moved to Texas and seem to get less flack here. maybe there's more tolerance here? or Dallas :49ersmall: fans know we just own them.

Lodi Dodi? We likes to party?
We don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody, we're........

THANK you.

Giedi

Reaction score
Bakergirl":38bqk5gv said:
NinerLifer":38bqk5gv said:
Hawknballs":38bqk5gv said:
the 49ers are so good that not that long ago we won the division with a losing record and they weren't even part of the conversation.

I don't know if one would say that you guys actually won the division that year, more than that you were chosen to represent the division by default.

I remember thinking that nobody in the division was good enough to make a run at the Superbowl that year, and was happy to not be recognized as the first ever team to "win" the division with a losing record.

Despite that, I thought it was pretty amusing to watch you guys upset the Saints in Seattle in the wildcard round though. Kudos for that!

Better to win the division with a losing record than be the loser team that couldn't even pull a 7-9 season out of their ass and missed the playoffs altogether. :49ersmall:

Winning is always better than losing, and making the playoffs is always better than not making it. That's for sure.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":j7j2mb6r said:
Please, 49ers and their fans need to get over themselves.

I'm not trying make excuses but if ONE, just ONE, of these 3 players played vs Atlanta... out of Chris Clemons, Jason Jones, and Walter Thurmond... Seahawks most likely would have edged out the Falcons. I.E. Jones or Clemons would have played the edge and would have had better results than one dimensional pass rusher, Irvin. Thurmond likely would have matched up better vs Julio Jones especially at the end. Then onto San Francisco, and who knows what happens in a game where we aren't starting at 10 A.M in the morning our time. Seahawks were one defining player away from a Cinderella story.

However, this won't sound like an excuse... Give the Seahawks just as much overall experience as the 49ers have (had last year)... I would take the Seahawks every time. Young teams will always go through growing pains, finally click, and boom goes the dynamite.

Yet the Seahawks, took every weakness they've had after analyzing the 2012 team and they fixed it accordingly trading for Percy Harvin, for starters, then allowing Gus Bradley to leave rather easily, and bringing back Dan Quinn. Quinn to me is the biggest acquisition, imo, on defense that we made this year. And we made some pretty damn good ones at that. Bring it on NFL. Were All In.

Seahawks have a tougher schedule than 49ers. As many have pointed out, most of their tougher opponents are away games for the Hawks. 49ers get them at home. It's almost like the schedule makers appointed Seahawks the division champs last year because they seem to have the first place schedule. I agree with Aros, the Seahawks better win it all this year....and the next year...so on.

Now for the bolded part - Clemons was there against the Lions, Dolphins, and Cardinals. What happened in those games....they lost in final minutes. Just like they did against the Falcons. So I'm not totally convinced Jones, Clemons, or Thurmond would have made any difference. As a matter of fact, I think Thurmond better work on stay healthy or he won't be a Seahawk much longer. The addition of Simon makes that more prominent. Lane and Irvin did a good job. It was both of those guys second playoff game. What hurt the Seahawks more than Irvin or Lane was the lack of run defense. They couldn't stop Turner, et all. The Falcons ran at will and that cost Seahawks the game more than anything else. Just my two cents.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawkfan68":24wmlqim said:
Pandion Haliaetus":24wmlqim said:

I'm not trying make excuses but if ONE, just ONE, of these 3 players played vs Atlanta... out of Chris Clemons, Jason Jones, and Walter Thurmond... Seahawks most likely would have edged out the Falcons. I.E. Jones or Clemons would have played the edge and would have had better results than one dimensional pass rusher, Irvin. Thurmond likely would have matched up better vs Julio Jones especially at the end. Then onto San Francisco, and who knows what happens in a game where we aren't starting at 10 A.M in the morning our time. Seahawks were one defining player away from a Cinderella story.

However, this won't sound like an excuse... Give the Seahawks just as much overall experience as the 49ers have (had last year)... I would take the Seahawks every time. Young teams will always go through growing pains, finally click, and boom goes the dynamite.

Yet the Seahawks, took every weakness they've had after analyzing the 2012 team and they fixed it accordingly trading for Percy Harvin, for starters, then allowing Gus Bradley to leave rather easily, and bringing back Dan Quinn. Quinn to me is the biggest acquisition, imo, on defense that we made this year. And we made some pretty damn good ones at that. Bring it on NFL. Were All In.

Clemons was there against the Lions, Dolphins, and Cardinals. What happened in those games....they lost in final minutes. Just like they did against the Falcons. So I'm not totally convinced Jones, Clemons, or Thurmond would have made any difference. As a matter of fact, I think Thurmond better work on stay healthy or he won't be a Seahawk much longer. The addition of Simon makes that more prominent. Lane and Irvin did a good job. It was both of those guys second playoff game. What hurt the Seahawks more than Irvin or Lane was the lack of run defense. They couldn't stop Turner, et all. The Falcons ran at will and that cost Seahawks the game more than anything else. Just my two cents.

Well said

Laloosh

Reaction score
xtm059":1s4v85fo said:
42-13

seahawks super bowl

Boom! That was funn... Oh wait I've already heard this one.

Hey, did you catch the Super Bowl by chance? I changed the channel after the first half because the Niners were making the NFCW look terrible. Who won?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
NinerLifer":41zy6ukh said:
Hawknballs":41zy6ukh said:
the 49ers are so good that not that long ago we won the division with a losing record and they weren't even part of the conversation.

I don't know if one would say that you guys actually won the division that year, more than that you were chosen to represent the division by default.

I remember thinking that nobody in the division was good enough to make a run at the Superbowl that year, and was happy to not be recognized as the first ever team to "win" the division with a losing record.

Despite that, I thought it was pretty amusing to watch you guys upset the Saints in Seattle in the wildcard round though. Kudos for that!

Watching BeastQuake live and in person over ruled any regular season record.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1hrhzh58 said:
NinerLifer":1hrhzh58 said:
Hawknballs":1hrhzh58 said:

Watching BeastQuake live and in person over ruled any regular season record.

I imagine so. When I was watching the game at home I remember being speachless with my jaw dropped to the floor while watching him make almost the entire Saint defense look like a pop warner team. Believe it or not I was actually rooting for you guys in the post season that year.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Russell Wilson will win at least one, maybe two before he retires. His fifth year is going to be off the charts.

hawker84

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":235v53kg said:
Russell Wilson will win at least one, maybe two before he retires. His fifth year is going to be off the charts.

you're about 3 years off, but we appreciate the compliment..

tomahawk

Reaction score
The Radish":22vqfjmh said:
Only good thing to come out of Lodi was John Forgerty.

:les:

Fogerty was born in Berkeley CA. I think I read once that he'd never been to Lodi, just thought it was a cool name. Not that it matters, just want you to be accurate Les.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
My mother's side of the family is from SF. All they ever talk about is how awesome California is and how good the 49ers are.

I loathe the place, just as much as the team.

Would not care one bit if the whole place was swallowed by the ocean.

rjdriver

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3vts11xp said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3vts11xp said:

Seahawks have a tougher schedule than 49ers. As many have pointed out, most of their tougher opponents are away games for the Hawks. 49ers get them at home. It's almost like the schedule makers appointed Seahawks the division champs last year because they seem to have the first place schedule. I agree with Aros, the Seahawks better win it all this year....and the next year...so on.

Now for the bolded part - Clemons was there against the Lions, Dolphins, and Cardinals. What happened in those games....they lost in final minutes. Just like they did against the Falcons. So I'm not totally convinced Jones, Clemons, or Thurmond would have made any difference. As a matter of fact, I think Thurmond better work on stay healthy or he won't be a Seahawk much longer. The addition of Simon makes that more prominent. Lane and Irvin did a good job. It was both of those guys second playoff game. What hurt the Seahawks more than Irvin or Lane was the lack of run defense. They couldn't stop Turner, et all. The Falcons ran at will and that cost Seahawks the game more than anything else. Just my two cents.

We were a different team by the time we played Atlanta in the playoffs. What we did in the final minutes against the cards in week one or against the lions and dolphins mid season cannot be compared to our team that lost to the falcons. The bears game was the tipping point. We ended that game a different team than we started.

We barely lost that game in the waning seconds putting absolutely zero pressure on the QB for the entire game. I do believe having one of out best pass rushers on the field would have made a difference. Injury is a part of the game though, I get that, but you can't fairly compare our losses early on to the loss at Atlanta. I could argue that WITHOUT Clemons at all, the Hawks playing at end of season caliber easily defeat Arizona, Miami, and Detroit. So maybe I'm just being a homer, but objectively, I do think having Clemons vs Atlanta would have changed the outcome.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Clemons run defense would have made a difference in slowing down Turner in a game Turner went off for his best game of the year. Irvins weakness was run support and Atlantic knew it and game planned for it.

Latest posts