You Better Win It All This Year Hawks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've spent the last 8 years being tormented by my next door neighbor. He's a 49ers fan. Sure he will tell you his real love is the Broncos but the truth is, the 49ers is his team. He constantly talks about the Bay Area like it's some damn Utopia. What's worse, he's actually a very smart NFL fan and seems to guess the general temp of any NFL season like some kind of NFL savant. He's won multiple draft pools and fantasy football pools. He's smarter than I am when it comes to knowing more players, their tendencies and team nuances than I ever will, I give him that.

What's intolerable is that he takes a particular liking to poking fun of me because I am a diehard Seahawks fan.

Every year he points out our flaws. He especially enjoys telling me all about which draft picks he thinks are terrible, which ones may be okay. As much as I hate to admit it, he flat out was the first human being I came in contact with who told me in March of 2012 that his favorite player in the entire 2012 draft was Russell Wilson. He went as far as saying if the Seahawks were luck enough to draft him, he would have no choice but to find a place in his heart to root for the Seahawks.

Still, he can't help but suck the collective teet of the 49er. Just today he was going on and on about the 49ers draft picks, how amazing they did in the draft, how the Seahawks aren't shit until they can finally unseat the 49ers from the division, etc, etc, etc...

Not that he makes complete nonsense comments but when you've had to endure 8 years of the same shit, it wears on you. Something fierce.

So I told him to put his money where his mouth is. $20 bucks. Seahawks will win the division this year. He just laughed.

He represents every person, sports writer, talking head, former and current player, coach and fan who has collectively laughed at the mere idea that the Seattle Seahawks could ever amount to a hill of beans, despite the evidence to the contrary.

For once. I beg you Seahawks...

Prove me right.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Please, 49ers and their fans need to get over themselves.

I'm not trying make excuses but if ONE, just ONE, of these 3 players played vs Atlanta... out of Chris Clemons, Jason Jones, and Walter Thurmond... Seahawks most likely would have edged out the Falcons. I.E. Jones or Clemons would have played the edge and would have had better results than one dimensional pass rusher, Irvin. Thurmond likely would have matched up better vs Julio Jones especially at the end. Then onto San Francisco, and who knows what happens in a game where we aren't starting at 10 A.M in the morning our time. Seahawks were one defining player away from a Cinderella story.

However, this won't sound like an excuse... Give the Seahawks just as much overall experience as the 49ers have (had last year)... I would take the Seahawks every time. Young teams will always go through growing pains, finally click, and boom goes the dynamite.

Yet the Seahawks, took every weakness they've had after analyzing the 2012 team and they fixed it accordingly trading for Percy Harvin, for starters, then allowing Gus Bradley to leave rather easily, and bringing back Dan Quinn. Quinn to me is the biggest acquisition, imo, on defense that we made this year. And we made some pretty damn good ones at that. Bring it on NFL. Were All In.

AVL

Reaction score
I didn't realize the niners had been dominating us for eight years straight. I thought it was two years, with last year a 1/2 game advantage.

How much is a super bowl loss worth?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My best comeback was when I announced yesterday that Russell Wilson could not be addressed without the title "His Holiness" in front of the name Russell Wilson.

Even my neighbors, my nemesis' laughed.

NoChops

Reaction score
This is easy sir.

Head to the market. Buy a handful of fresh shrimp.
Place in brown paper lunch sack.
Fold the top closed and apply an 8 inch piece of duct tape to the top leaving a couple of inches hanging over each side.
Make your way into your neighbor's house.
Duct tape the shrimp to the underside of his dining room table.
Check up on him in 3-4 days when he can't find the stink that is making his house unlivable.
Make sweet love to the wife, sleep having seahawk dreams.

Issue solved.

Steve2222

Reaction score
NoChops":1uir84pz said:
This is easy sir.

Head to the market. Buy a handful of fresh shrimp.
Place in brown paper lunch sack.
Fold the top closed and apply an 8 inch piece of duct tape to the top leaving a couple of inches hanging over each side.
Make your way into your neighbor's house.
Duct tape the shrimp to the underside of his dining room table.
Check up on him in 3-4 days when he can't find the stink that is making his house unlivable.
Make sweet love to the wife, sleep having seahawk dreams.

Issue solved.

Minus the making sweet love to his wife, back in college I did this to a friends dorm room. Put a half eaten Taco Bell burrito on top of one of his high clothes cabinets and for the life of him couldn't find where the disgusting smell was coming from. After a week, I eventually had to tell him about it and remove the stench. Smelt like a dead body in his room. We were in the middle of prank wars.

LargentFan

Reaction score
Steve2222":4dyyi8ap said:
Minus the making sweet love to his wife, back in college I did this to a friends dorm room. Put a half eaten Taco Bell burrito on top of one of his high clothes cabinets and for the life of him couldn't find where the disgusting smell was coming from. After a week, I eventually had to tell him about it and remove the stench. Smelt like a dead body in his room. We were in the middle of prank wars.
I bet the rest of that burrito was still delicious!

Speaking of stink pranks...
I was told about an idea where you take 2 fish and put one of them under the seat of your victim's car. You put the other inside the door panel or in some other place that is fairly difficult to get to. They will find the first fish and assume they have found the source of the stench...
This plan should have the death penalty attached to it.

Largent80

Reaction score
My friggin boss is the guy you described but without all the player knowledge.

My saving grace was showing up on Monday morning (in my Hawks jersey) following the gigantic ass whippin the Hawks put on "his 9ers"...hahahahaha.

Riley12

Reaction score
AVL":1nkp6mt0 said:
I didn't realize the niners had been dominating us for eight years straight. I thought it was two years, with last year a 1/2 game advantage.

How much is a super bowl loss worth?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Where is all of this "domination" talk coming from? Because, from my point of view, they took the division two years ago when we were beginning a rebuild and then backed into it last year only because it took a few games to turn Wilson loose.

Domination is the complete and utter butt kicking the Niners received when they were here last year. Domination is the
the Ravens over the Niners before the lights went out.

If I were you, Todd, I would start flying a Ravens SB Champions flag every day until the season starts.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This neighbor sounds like my brother in law. Except it is the packers with him. It has led me to hate GB the most.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I was just wondering Aros, how did he take that ass kicking we gave the 9er's last December?

nanomoz

Reaction score
v1rotv2":123s720c said:
I was just wondering Aros, how did he take that ass kicking we gave the 9er's last December?

I was about to ask what he says when you knock on his door at 3am yelling "42-13."

TwilightError

Reaction score
Destroying the guys car with a sledgehammer is a viable option as well. Then spray paint "beast mode" on the remains.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This is why I don't associate with my neighbors, other than the fact I have no desire to be cool with 'em.

The Radish

Reaction score
Youse guys,,,none of those comments is worth spit.

If you have to listen and/or talk sports with these idiots then just laugh it off. Its only sports for Christ's sake.

And why would you want to talk sports with your neighbors. If you can't take the heat stay away from the kitchen.

:roll: