Yikes...

rjdriver

Reaction score
They need to extend him, he has been a hell of an addition. And like Wyman was talking about, a lot of what he does, you don't see on a stat sheet etc.
He draws a lot of attention and double teams.

I thought you were talking about Adams for a sec. (This is a thread about Adams).
Good hell @SoulfishHawk , I almost booked a flight to Washington where I would put an end to you and your loved ones.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pete Carroll yesterday:
Not having Jamal, obviously you can see that we missed him,” Carroll said Tuesday. “We can’t wait to get him back this week. These weeks coming up are really big-time run weeks for us [playing teams who like to run the ball]. We have to make sure we have all of our firepower out there. We took care of him during the week last week hoping to help him recover.

This team’s defense is obviously better without Adams on the field yet Carroll’s ego and unending desperation to save face on the worst trade in franchise history is more important to him than his defense playing at a higher level. That’s ego utterly out of control.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

renofox

Reaction score
I'm curious what a cap hits are if they move on from Jones. I was stoked about that signing, but he has done next to nothing.
Williams is a hell of a player, and they gave up a 2nd rounder for him. He has plenty left in the tank. Let's extend a guy who has earned it.
I'll take that over big $ for a guy hasn't played a down for the Hawks.
2024 dead money $13.4M, but irrelevant as that is a cap hit whether he is cut or plays 1 or 2 more years. It is money he has already been paid but pushed to the future for cap accounting.

Releasing him would cause the 2024 cap available to increase by $4.8M and the 2025 cap available to increase by $23.2M.

The only real question is "can we replace his expected production for the next 2 years (length of his current contract) with the $28.0M cap we will save by cutting him?"

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Percy Harvin 2.0.

I can forgive Percy Harvin only because he put the nail in the coffin for the SB. Don't forget the Broncos that year still somehow came back from a 24 point deficit to win a game, you can bet $100 they came out in the second half fired up that they could repeat history as "the best offense in the history of the game" but when Percy started off the second half keeping the momentum for the Hawks with that Kick-Off Return and the Broncos were now even more points in the hole. You bet all motivation for the Broncos deflated. The game was over.

Jamal Addams on the other hand has contributed NOTHING.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Percy Harvin 2.0.
I’ve held out hope that Jamal could live up to the potential we got excited about that first year. Injuries and questionable scheme for him(and other things) have lead us to this point. While I feel this is the end of the road for his time here I still hold the same hope I had for the irrelevant Mr. Harvin… and that is the hope for one glorious moment in the playoffs.

Obviously that moment only comes if the Hawks can get in the playoffs, after that it becomes a tournament where one huge play can elevate a team to the promised land.

I for one will hold onto that hope until it is dead.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I'm wondering if what KJ was talking about in his podcast about the locker room in shambles was about Adams? The defensive looked and played better without him. He wasn't even at the field, so couldn't have been in the locker room. KJ also agreed that Adams was "hot trash".

I really hope Pete's recent statements about the team missing Adams and he'll be ready for the Tennessee game aren't true, but him just blowing smoke.