WR Jermaine Kearse re-signs with Seahawks 3yrs/13.5m

McGruff

Reaction score
Glowinksi and Gilliam.

I thought Gilliam was quietly developing into nor best lineman last year. He's not a highlight reel blocker like Sweezy (good and bad) but he did his job. He got in the way long enough consistently, and that's really all you can ask. I also think his skill set more naturally fits at LT.

Glowinski had college tape that was stellar, and his limited pro opportunities backed that up. I'm a big Sweezy fan, but Glowinski looks like he's got Sweezy upside without the random laughable glitches.

I think those are two guys you can build around, ND I am intrigued to see what Sokoli can do after a full NFL off season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sorry for taking you way off topic from Kearse lol. His signing is old news anyway so hopefully no one gets upset.

I'm not a tape guy for the offensive line so this makes me feel a little better. If Gilliam can be solid it makes a little more sense the approach they're taking. If you have two servicable guys already on the line they its entirely possible this unit could be decent next year. Thanks man I appreciate it.

massari

Reaction score
McGruff":3gdcj3de said:
Or the team likes Gilliam at his pay more than those guys at their pay. Or the team likes the OT class in the draft and feels good about getting what they want . . .
None of Okung's money is guaranteed, so they could've signed him until Gilliam or the draft pick show they're capable as starting LT then release/trade him with no dead money counting against the cap.

Chillax

Reaction score
Imo they should have dropped Kearse and used that money on the O-line/Joe Thomas. They're always seriously overestimating RW3s mobility as a reason to scrap it even though he was sacked 45 times last year. I mean damn. It's all well and good till they get into the playoffs against a legit D-line and get shredded.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I've been going through some SPARQ stuff for WRs and I didn't seems to recall just how good of an overall athlete that Kearse really is. I've seen 2 different measurements by 2 different people, but Kearse scores consistently high compared to his peers, save for Ricardo Lockette who has some real world class traits in track.

ExistingWR

CurrentWR

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":324hhz95 said:
McGruff":324hhz95 said:
Or the team likes Gilliam at his pay more than those guys at their pay. Or the team likes the OT class in the draft and feels good about getting what they want . . .
None of Okung's money is guaranteed, so they could've signed him until Gilliam or the draft pick show they're capable as starting LT then release/trade him with no dead money counting against the cap.

That assumes Okung wanted to stay or that we were really interested in keeping him and had a chance to match the offer.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Basis4day":o4symipf said:
massari":o4symipf said:
McGruff":o4symipf said:

That assumes Okung wanted to stay or that we were really interested in keeping him and had a chance to match the offer.
Hawks never had an offer. The way Clayton explained it, you cant bring a guy back in the locker room at 4 when he made 8 the year before. Its a just bad for team vibe. He would be mopey.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I hope that I never get to the point where I'm mopey about making 4 million dollars for one year of work. Please, may I suffer an awful fate, if I ever become that much of an ungrateful bastard. Especially if I missed work all the time and if my performance was slightly above average when I did show up to work.

Ahhh, ya gotta love pride and greed. Never fails to be the downfall of many a great man/woman/society.

And to keep this thread about Jermaine Kearse, even though I'm a Coug, I've always loved me some Jermaine! How could you not? Local guy, hard working UDFA who has busted his ass and improved almost every single year. I had the pleasure of meeting Jermaine's Grandmother in Charlotte last year, and she was splendid. You can tell he comes from a good family of good people and that they realize he/they are blessed. Glad to see that he's going to be back with the team for a few more years. Jermaine is one of Russell's go to guys and that connection should only continue to grow now.

Funny isn't it? The last few years 2 guys have said that they wanted to stay in Seattle, and would even take a hometown discount. Golden and Bruce. Both are gone. Conversely, 2 dudes said that there would be absolutely no hometown discounts and it was assumed that they would be leaving town. Bennett and Kearse. Both remain Seahawks to this day. That's why it's important not to listen to any of the hot air during the offseason.

rideaducati

Reaction score
vin.couve12":321yj3w7 said:
I've been going through some SPARQ stuff for WRs and I didn't seems to recall just how good of an overall athlete that Kearse really is. I've seen 2 different measurements by 2 different people, but Kearse scores consistently high compared to his peers, save for Ricardo Lockette who has some real world class traits in track.

ExistingWR

CurrentWR

Comparing Kearse to a bunch of scrubs looks like it makes the opposite point in which it was intended.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
rideaducati":38j64lya said:
vin.couve12":38j64lya said:

ExistingWR

CurrentWR

Comparing Kearse to a bunch of scrubs looks like it makes the opposite point in which it was intended.
Kearse is in the 82nd or 84th percentile for WRs in the NFL in terms of SPARQ score, depending on which score you measure. For reference, Ricardo Lockette was the Seahawks highest in the 96th or 97th percentile for all WRs.

This is measuring overall athleticism, not what anyone believes to be true about the Hawks WRs, who were the most efficient group in the NFL last year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin only put up 225 6 times? Not that it matters obviously, but for a pro athlete that seems really low.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1bhir6fj said:
Doug Baldwin only put up 225 6 times? Not that it matters obviously, but for a pro athlete that seems really low.

Not saying this happened, but they only give you credit when you do a "good" rep, so if he didn't extend his arms or get the bar low enough to his chest then it wouldn't count. Might also be that he wanted to conserve energy for other drills.

It doesn't really matter. OBJ is similar size to Baldwin. He put up 7.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2wa8g74h said:

That wouldn't surprise me much with a WR though. It's not a muscle group that is integral to your position.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Doug's 3 cone might be the best I've ever seen by any player in any draft. I've tried looking up other players who have extreme quicks and none of them even come close. DeSean Jackson, for example, can't sniff that time.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":142w5le1 said:
Seeing Baldwin in person I'm actually impressed he did it 6 times lol.