Wouldn't expect a blow-out this weekend.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is not going to be a close game at all. But that doesn't mean we have nothing to work on and this is the best game to do it IMO.

1. We need to see if Coleman can be the fulltime permanent lead blocker for Lynch. He didn't look that great in this role on Sunday. If he is still struggling, or Lynch just won't trust his blocks then it's an issue we need to fix. This may be the game that decides if we call MRob back to the team. Best to decide this before the Houston game.

2. Wilson still needs to have a major passing game with a real dominant performance start to finish. He has not been great in the first half of either game, so this would be a very good game to have that happen.

3. Our Oline still needs to continue to get better and fix the penalty issue. With Okung out we need to have a gameplan on who can handle the LT chores until he gets back. I think with a week of practice McQuistan can do the job, but this is a good game to judge if that assumption is correct, or not. I also want to see Carpenter out at LG for the whole game to see how he hold up for pretty much a second full game in a roll.

4. I would like to see our TE's have more impact in receiving, but this may be hard if they have to help with our LT situation right now. But it could be a good game to see if Davis can be that guy next to our LT to help out. It does make me wish the coaches would have kept McGrath over Person on the final roster. He would have been perfect for that role.

5. I want this game to be basically over by Half time so we can rest our major starters for the second half. So that means we need to really blow them out in the first half. I think this may be exactly what our coaches are thinking also.

As for the defense there is nothing more I see needed other than get so far ahead we can play the younger guys for real game experience in the second half.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I want to see complete domination. This isn't preseason anymore.

Sure, if we get up by 4 scores, rest a few guys.

kearly

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks could start mostly backups (including Tjack) and still have an 80% chance to win.

Seattle won't change their game plan one bit. Why should they? Their every week game plan is by it's nature very conservative.

A blowout win means getting to rest starters in the 2nd half and reducing the chances of impact injuries.

I'm not in position to bet money, but I would bet the over on the current Vegas line. You take any win, but I've never worried less about a Seahawks game in my life than this one.

CEHawk

Reaction score
As PC would say,

“We’re not going to do anything different for this game since we’re not treating this game any different than another game. Every game is a championship game for us, so we’ll treat this one, the last one and the next one exactly the same. And that goes for our practices leading up to it as well.”

That pretty well sums it up!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I see no reason at all to let off the gas. We still have a multitude of issues on offense and we need to work through them. The backups will likely get some playing time, but if we don't go all out every game I'll be disappointed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If our offense can't get going in a big way against the Jaguars in our stadium, I'm going to be deeply concerned about our offensive woes going forward. For real. Elite teams blow out horrible teams, this needs to be 40-6, or 37-3, something like that.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zsjf9ww said:
If our offense can't get going in a big way against the Jaguars in our stadium, I'm going to be deeply concerned about our offensive woes going forward. For real. Elite teams blow out horrible teams, this needs to be 40-6, or 37-3, something like that.

I'm curious where your current concern lies. Wilson? The receivers? The o-line? It can't be Lynch, he put to bed any questions about himself.

I would just point out one thing - we just faced two of the best front 7s in football... (Yeah, I put Carolina there.. Plus they have maybe the best MLB in the game right now)

Cartire

Reaction score
rideaducati":20r9pzfv said:
Vegas expects a blowout... The Seahawks are 19.5 point favorites.

Yea, its obviously to keep the bets even. But I never bet against the Hawks, and that many points is not a good bet. If you bet, pass on this one.

samwize77

Reaction score
The Jags are still an NFL team. If you let off, physically or emotionally you are asking for trouble. The Hawks will play to win until the win is no longer in doubt. Then, they back off. Now during the course of the game we might expect to see back-ups come in here and there to keep the reps down ALITTLE for the starters, but probably not alot. Theres still work to be done, guys like Clem and the rest need to be integrated back in.

HawkWow

Reaction score
When was the last time a team didn't attempt a single pass in an NFL football game?

formido

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is now 23-5 against the spread, including play-offs and postseason. Underdogs the magnitude of JAX have covered all 8 times it's happened. Let's see which trend wins.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3olxf8im said:
I'm curious where your current concern lies. Wilson? The receivers? The o-line? It can't be Lynch, he put to bed any questions about himself.

I would just point out one thing - we just faced two of the best front 7s in football... (Yeah, I put Carolina there.. Plus they have maybe the best MLB in the game right now)

Mainly none of the above. Far and away, the play calling. Bevell seems to only get creative and play to our specific strengths when his back is against the wall, a.k.a. after halftime and we're down. I'm far from sold on the way he starts games. I've seen him string together multiple series of great play calls before, (couple of our comebacks last year) and for the life of me, I can't understand why we are not more aggressive and creative to START games with. It seems like every time we start having instant pitches to Lynch, screens against blitzes, tricky stuff like the throw to Tate behind the line with Tate then throwing the bomb to Sidney for a TD, etc. that they are wildly successful most of the time.

Watching us run up the gut for 0-2 yards, then run up the gut for a loss, then having to throw on 3rd & 11 or whatever, makes me want to strangle someone. I totally realize we run to setup the play action among other things, and we ARE good at running, but the evidence is there to support the opinion that we could have an absolutely lethal offense.

Now, I know we don't do run-run-pass that often, it's not like it constitutes HALF of our 3-and-outs, but I guess to me it feels like watching a guy strike out in baseball without even swinging. Don't just sit and watch your 3rd strike come, at least go down swinging. I feel like if we have to punt, at least do it while having tried something unexpected to get the first down.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
THey are the #9 Defense.... I think I read somewhere.
it wont be a walk in the park.

Kakaww

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":prtbnugp said:

They were the 30th ranked scoring defense last year.

They gave up ~640 (#9 yards per game) and 47 points (16th scoring) To the Raiders and Chiefs.

Erebus

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":1ipkwhxl said:

You mean it will be challenging like when the #4 ranked Cardinals defense came here last year?