Would you trade back to back Superbowls?

Would you trade back to back Superbowls?

• Back to back Super Bowls which would make this current team one of the greatest in history. ... Or

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • Trading a SB loss this year for one championship in 84 and one in 2005, giving a total of three.

Votes: 27 23.1%

• Total voters

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Given the fact that I never really got into the NFL/Seahawks until 1987-88 and only really followed them from the early 1990's (almost giving up during the Behring/Flores mess before Holmgren) I am going with the back to back scenerio. The other scenerio would be nice but if we go back to back with a good possibility of more that is historical and may be enough to create a lasting national fanbase which to me if far more important then something that could have happened way before I even knew about the NFL or the Seahawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man, everything would be different. Seahawks fans would not have to had endured all the ridicule and frustration of failed seasons if we had won a Championship in 84. Part of the greatness of the win last year was that FINALLY they did it. Our whole fan base and history would be different if last year was SuperBowl trophy #3.

I love our history because it has made us into what we are now. And last year was so great because that was win #1. I'm not willing to trade that away, because that's what you would be doing. You wouldn't be trading away just a Super Bowl win of this year, you'd be trading away the experience of last year too.

Give me back to back. I love our history.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ixrgwx3 said:
Man, everything would be different. Seahawks fans would not have to had endured all the ridicule and frustration of failed seasons if we had won a Championship in 84. Part of the greatness of the win last year was that FINALLY they did it. Our whole fan base and history would be different if last year was SuperBowl trophy #3.

I love our history because it has made us into what we are now. And last year was so great because that was win #1. I'm not willing to trade that away, because that's what you would be doing. You wouldn't be trading away just a Super Bowl win of this year, you'd be trading away the experience of last year too.

Give me back to back. I love our history.

Yes, I've alrady paid my dues having to listen to idiot fans of other teams babble on about our empty trophy case. Back to back all of the way.

soje

Reaction score
Back to back for sure.
I'm not one to get satisfied with past glories. The present is where we live in.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Back to back. Our history is what makes us who we are. If we won all those other times we were close, we'd be the 9'ers.

...I don't think I'd like myself much if we were the 9'ers.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I agree back to back, would be great, They we'd shut up all the other teams that are like, "gee you finally got ONE!" Go back to back and that'd shut them up pretty quickly. Hard to shift aside multiple years of dominance in the present for multiple wins decades ago.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1lqm9cxt said:
themunn":1lqm9cxt said:
back to back

history is what makes us. 2005 was one of the most painful sporting memories of my life. it just made 43-8 so much sweeter when it came.

Yep, and if we win that Super Bowl, I feel confident in saying that not only does 43-8 not happen, but this team as we know it doesn't happen. No Pete, no John, no Russell, no Earl, no Sherm, etc. Had we won XL, Paul Allen would have much more patience with Mora I bet.
You make a solid case. Never thought of it like that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jlwaters1":14q3u50v said:
I agree back to back, would be great, They we'd shut up all the other teams that are like, "gee you finally got ONE!" Go back to back and that'd shut them up pretty quickly. Hard to shift aside multiple years of dominance in the present for multiple wins decades ago.
Naw there will still be haters hating. Watching the Denial Zone and watching the ninnies trolls here spontaneously combust would be fun though. 8)

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
For so many years of my fanhood, i spent the weeks leading up to the super bowl digging into XL and what could have been if only officiating did not suck/ Hass dives for no gain and we kick a field goal instead of throwing what turned out to be a game ending pick etc etc. Truth is I had just discovered the Hawks when XL happened, and had we won that game my true fanhood would have started right after the greatest moment in our history.

Instead, i got to experience a team I had just started to like get so so close to the ultimate victory only to fall short. This quickly turned into the team that i love that was so hopelessly far away from a Championship that it turned into an almost mythical thing in my head. When the opponents mercifully ran down the clock in garbage time on the talentless Mora team it seemed atleast 15 years away from competing for a lombardi. If only... If only I get to experience a Seahawks championship before I die.. just once.. and preferably while I am still young and free enough to stay up all night on sundays and enjoy the journey with the rest of .Net.

Then came the 2013 season. It was obvious to everyone that we had the most talent of any team in the league, and that we would perhaps never have a better team than this one. When we started out the NFC CG awfully, i found my self feeling no hatred towards the niners, just so so badly wishing that just ONCE it would be us and not someone else. Niners drive down the field for a dagger that seams inevitable, and the clock is mercilessly ticking away any time for Russ to drive us back. 2 excruciating heartbeats later the greatest play in franhise history is tipped into the arms of Smith and i have NEVER screamed so loud in my entire life (I live in a student corridor, and at 5am heard knocks from the ceiling, floor, and both walls heh...).

When we were up 36-8 in XLVIII i did not feel alot, i was mostly stunned and could not fully take in what was happening. "still alot of time left".. When Wilson hit Kearse inside the 10 with 12 minutes to go i just froze to ice. I realized that a Touchdown here and a comeback would be mathematically impossible.

I think I have celebrated every single hawks score that i have witnessed. Yes even the garbage time patheticness during the holmgren/ mora years atleast got an applause. But when Wilson on the ensuing play hit Baldwin who eludes a tackle and almost poetically slow falls over the goal line, i just silently fell to my knees in front of the screen and cried of happyness the rest of the game.

Unless my hypothetical children become great sports stars, Super Bowl XLVIII is the most amazing sports related thing I will ever experience. To share this roller coaster journey with all you fantastic people on the other side of the world. through hope and despair, through Beast Quake and Kelly Jennings conceding a touchdown, and see it culminate in a rain of confetti at Met Life Stadium..

I would not trade that for any amount of past Lombardis.

zhawk

Reaction score
Aros":35vbr8y3 said:
rjdriver":35vbr8y3 said:
I'm guessing us mature folk are going for three and the younger are going for the dynasty.

Yup. This old bird would have loved to witness the glory and have the memories of all of those Championships.

I'm with y'all. woulda taken a lot less crap from other fans.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a very interesting (but not surprising) dichotomy that has developed here at .NET.

You have the newer diehards (hardcores since the last 15 years or less) and the older diehards (hardcores since the last 38 years or less). Everything of course is based on our own personal experience. For us old farts, we remember the Kingdome, silver helmets, large Hawk on the sleeves, players like Zorn, Largent, Easley, Green, Brown, Nash, etc...

The newer diehards remember Holmgren, possibly Erickson, Galloway, Moon, Kitna but mostly Hasselbeck, Alexander, on to the current regime.

That's why I get that the poll is leading in back-to-back.

There must be more newer 12's than older 12's. At least I would think most of us older diehards would select the memories, the moments of glory of multiple championships. Maybe I'm wrong?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm old, and I'm bucking the trend. I vote for back to back. (to Back - yep, three-Pete). Mostly because, as much as it would be fun to say we have three, it's truly impossible, but 2 or three in a row is realistic.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I voted for back to back.
Because the 38 years of pain I endured made the winning the first one that much better.
I earned that feeling when the clock struck zero.

Latest posts