Poll: What to do at running back

What do the Seahawks do at running back?

• Draft a rookie

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Resign Penny

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Sign another free agent back (not named Penny)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Stick with Chris Carson, Homer, Dallas and Johnson

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Trade for Barkley or Mccaffrey

• Running back by committee/mix it up every week.

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The running back position is one of the most important positions on this team, and it's a huge question mark right now. We all know Pete is going to want to pound the rock, with or without a franchise QB. Having a successful running game will be vital to helping Drew Lock, or whomever the Seahawks have behind center.

Curt Warner, Shaun Alexander, Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks have only been truly successful when having a premier running back to carry the load.

So, what do the Seahawks do at running back?

Do we resign Rashaad Penny and see if he picks up where he left off last year? Do we use Carson, Homer, Dallas and Johnson and just stick with who is already on the team? Do we trade for Saquon or Mccaffrey?

Personally, I'd like to see if they can draft a running back in the 2nd round. It would be great if Breece Hall or Isaiah Spiller were there waiting to be picked early in the 2nd round.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, if we are trying to bank raw talent for a few years, to restock the cupboards, not having a starting RB and starting QB you can depend on seems like a great way to do it.

Our WR group might be a little too talented for my taste right now. But having 2/3 of your offense a complete question mark is a great way to make sure you get at least a few years of high draft picks, even assuming you might miss on the #1s.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3dmy63u3 said:
To be fair, if we are trying to bank raw talent for a few years, to restock the cupboards, not having a starting RB and starting QB you can depend on seems like a great way to do it.

Our WR group might be a little too talented for my taste right now. But having 2/3 of your offense a complete question mark is a great way to make sure you get at least a few years of high draft picks, even assuming you might miss on the #1s.

Very true. However Pete did say in yesterday's press conference that they are still trying to win now.

Now, I don't believe everything he says, but he seemed very serious about that. So if they are in win now mode, having a successful running game will help the offense in many ways. TOP, more balance, better play action opportunities, etc

mistaowen

Reaction score
I hope Penny can be signed for an appropriate contract given his injury history. Guy looked like a superstar to end the year and that talent has always been there. He just couldn't go 3 carries in a row without pulling something.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not OK with giving Carson his 6.5M salary for 2022.

So either restructure him, or give 4-5M to Penny to come back on a one year deal..................AND use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a rookie bell cow back, of which there should be plenty in this draft. It's a good RB draft.

James in PA

Reaction score
I was just thinking last night how awesome it would be if Breece Hall slips to us in the 2nd. I know you can get great RB's in later rounds, but man that guy just looks special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawknight

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15mc5tjs said:

With that being said and playing devils advocate here, would it be such a bad idea to trade Metcalf for a high end RB? :stirthepot:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Having a formidable Run Game would help Lock or ANY Quarterback for that matter, so I see them taking one in this Draft IF the price is right. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
James in PA":1r8o0vt9 said:
I was just thinking last night how awesome it would be if Breece Hall slips to us in the 2nd. I know you can get great RB's in later rounds, but man that guy just looks special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! He looks special. If he somehow fell to us at 40 (and the Seahawks drafted him) that would be amazing. He's the complete package.

[youtube]0DCgwkXa8vg[/youtube]

Chawker

Reaction score
If we drafted Jordan Davis we would have a 6'6" 340 fullback for our short yardage package. It worked out well for the bulldogs.