Would hiring Dan Quinn be a disappointment?

Hiring Quinn a disappointment?

• Yes

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

Scout

Reaction score
I voted no.

Watching him in Atlanta and there was a lot of drama with the FO eg. Dimitroff and ownership. His teams were competitive despite the turmoil after the SB loss.

Quinn never constructed defensive units that were outright dominant but good enough to compete and win games for the modern NFL in Atlanta.

knownone

Reaction score
Yes.

Quinn brings many of the same issues as Pete. Offenses have largely figured out how to take advantage of his scheme. While Quinn has been one of the more successful coaches at adapting his scheme, it still seems largely talent-dependent. And even with all of the talent they have in Dallas, his defenses were still a disaster against the Shanahan-style offenses.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It’s a big yes for me for all the reasons listed above. I feel bad for saying that as I think he’s a great dude.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Some people's standards for the next head coach go no farther than "whatever wasn't on the roster last year". I think it should go further, but what can I say, I'm just a Dunning-Kruger jackass.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Regardless of who we hire, I'm willing to let it play out for a couple seasons, unless I see some glaring flaws.

Yes, I do think Quinn would be initially disappointing, but I'm not going to go looking for negatives just to prove I was right. I will root for him and look for reasons to be optimistic.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes he would be a disappointment. I dont think he will be better than Pete.

GemCity

Reaction score
It’s a big yes for me for all the reasons listed above. I feel bad for saying that as I think he’s a great dude.
Ditto…and not saying he would be less effective but, asides from him being an assistant to PC (and a damn good one at that), his HC hiring would give me that old, played out since 2018, feeling.

But, if he comes on board, in JS we trust. 100% support.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd consider it a somewhat underwhelming hire, due to the deep pool of exciting names and my desire to swing for the fences, but I wouldn't be furious if Quinn is the guy either. People are getting WAY too caught up in the whole "offensive/defensive guy" thing. It's not choosing to be good on one side of the ball to the detriment of the other. His offenses in Atlanta were consistently among the better in the league during his time there. Heck, in one of his seasons, they had the league's #1 scoring offense. You can say "yeah, well he had prime Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, an iron man left tackle (Jake Matthews), and a stud center (Alex Mack)". True, but we have DK freakin' Metcalf headlining a WR room that 31 other teams would sacrifice their mothers for, a rising star RB in KW3, and a tremendous young pair of bookends both going into their third season, with Abe Lucas having the entire offseason to heal from an injury that essentially stole his sophomore season after he was a revelation as a rookie. My point is, hiring Quinn wouldn't mean we're resigning ourselves to 13-10 slugfests every week.

Latest posts