Worst Corrupt Officiating Since Super Bowl XL

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Ref stops the clock
Multiple late hits on Burrow. No calls.
Weak ass P.I. call on Bengals
Holding

Every single call was in favor of KC.

Announcers are so pro KC. Tony Romo is a total moron.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I get the NFL wanted to turn the whole thing into Mahomes' 'Jordan Game'.
But it is impossible to watch that and not see that the Bengals were getting the shaft all over the place, and somehow still competing.
Then, end of game, a ridiculous PI gives the Chiefs new life.

Truth be told, Bengals probably would have lost by 21 with a healthy Mahomes. But even so, that was repulsive.

At some point, the NFL is going to have to acknowledge that fans no longer trust the outcome of games when your top sponsors (gambling) have a vested interest in the outcome of games.

I have zero excitement about the SuperBowl. Doubt I'll watch it.
Disappointing because as flawed as the Bengals are, it would have been fun to watch them.

The Chiefs are a construct, they shouldn't even be there.
Reminds me of the SB I never watched with Rams, the year the NFL screwed the Saints to push the Rams instead.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently I watched a different game than you guys. Yes, the officiating was shitty in spots but what else is knew? Did the officials sack Burrow several times? Did the officials make Burrow throw two picks? Look, I was rooting for the Bengals and I watched the entire game and not once did I say "It's due to the officials for their loss!!" Nope. At the end of the day the Bengals didn't bring their A game. Not unlike the Hawks in XL* which any player from that year would agree.

*To be clear I am NOT comparing the attrocity of XL* to this game by any stretch. Just that both teams would admit they didn't play their best in spite of the officiating.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Funny thing is the last game of the season for us against the Lambs was criticized for ref gafs by ESPN for two days on their website for two days it was the top story on their site , but not even a mention of how bad that game was steered for the chiefs to win last night , they literally let them redo a third down twice and then gave them a penalty to gift wrap them a first down with another penalty… first time in my life I won’t be watching the Super Bowl cause I’m afraid another XL is is coming … but one good thing the Santa Clara team isn’t in the superbowl !!!!

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I do not dislike Tony Romo as a man and I didn't even dislike him as an NFL QB. I wish him all the luck in the world with what could be a promising future in golf (as a senior) but there has to be someone better out there to do color on these much anticipated NFL match-ups. If he absolutely must be in a booth, I suggest they move him to Saturdays.

It's possible that boneheaded personal foul by Ossai may have saved my life. With our 2023 NFL season rapidly winding down, badly I wanted the Chiefs to not gain a single yard on their last offensive play so the game would go to OT. But true to form, Mahomes did his thing and Ossai all but sealed the KC win with his late hit. With Romo again falling all over himself and incessantly gushing his limited supply of superlatives, I realized right then I just might jam an ice pick into my temple if I had to hear him call overtime.

I wonder what the O/U was on Romo saying "on that bad ankle"?