Wolf Grey uniforms

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I think we should wear the wolf grey on the road every week.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Polk738":10hms1me said:
Does anyone else think we should just stick to the white uniforms? I'm just not a fan of those Wolf Grey unis, or just the blue tops with wolf grey pants looks fine but ya the greys just don't do it for me.
They're horrible. Maybe with blue pants they'd be less horrible*, but they're just plain horrible. There's no personality to them and they do nothing but showcase sweaty crotches. They're effing disgusting.

* I thought the same about the whites. White on white with a dark helmet looks stupid. The only thing Moron Jr did when he was coach was to wear blue pants on the road.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1y3b2bsb said:
razgriz737":1y3b2bsb said:
If it were up to me, I would switch out the whites and just use the greys as our away jerseys permanently. Superstitions aside, I just think they look awesome.

I think they are by default now. I believe by NFL rules, an alternate jersey can only be worn once. Going into Thursday, we had worn the grays once and the whites once. Wearing the grays Thursday made the whites our alternate jersey.

Nope, you can wear alternate unis two times in the course of a season. Also, I seem to recall hearing last year that Seattle had floated the possibility of using grey as their road color instead of white, and the league shot them down. So we have seen the last of the wolf greys for 2013.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":ryh941hn said:
Seanhawk":ryh941hn said:
razgriz737":ryh941hn said:
If it were up to me, I would switch out the whites and just use the greys as our away jerseys permanently. Superstitions aside, I just think they look awesome.

I think they are by default now. I believe by NFL rules, an alternate jersey can only be worn once. Going into Thursday, we had worn the grays once and the whites once. Wearing the grays Thursday made the whites our alternate jersey.

Nope, you can wear alternate unis two times in the course of a season. Also, I seem to recall hearing last year that Seattle had floated the possibility of using grey as their road color instead of white, and the league shot them down. So we have seen the last of the wolf greys for 2013.

Why is it even up to the league in the first place? Man i swear they have such a hard on for uniform related stuff.

I like the grey way more than the white. Never liked white on white jerseys for any team. I wonder if you can use different combos? Like for example in Carolina we wore grey tops and blue pants right? Then all grey twice, so maybe different combos arent limited to the 2 times a season rule?

dunceface

Reaction score
ALL GRAY ALL DAY!
The first time we wore them Russell got one put up in Canton! The Wolf Greys are legendary already...
And that's lame the league shot down the idea of using those as our official road jerseys because I would be all for that! WOLF MODE

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
keatonisballin":amdc94or said:
Like for example in Carolina we wore grey tops and blue pants right? Then all grey twice, so maybe different combos arent limited to the 2 times a season rule?

Nope, we wore blue tops with grey pants in Carolina. Home team gets to choose what jersey they wanted to wear: they wore their white jerseys to try to keep a little cooler so we had to wear our blues. Pants color is a little less regimented so we wore our grey pants instead of the blue ones.

seahawksny

Reaction score
like the grey on grey, but white on white is favorite of all of them.

Fun facts

1) Hawks are only team in NFL to never have worn white at home
2) last year we were 0-3 with white top and gray bottoms losing to all three other NFC West teams. Plus there is no gray in the white jersey so im not sure why they chose that at all.
3) white top with blue bottom I don't love, but they were 0-1 with loss at Detroit.

since they have used up the gray on gray, I like the blue/blue at home. White/white on road. Plus, since we changed I believe in 2002, every road playoff game was white on white.

Born and raised in Seattle , live in NY, so Ive seen it all with this team. All the way this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seahawksny":3amlehtg said:

Fun facts

2) last year we were 0-3 with white top and gray bottoms losing to all three other NFC West teams. Plus there is no gray in the white jersey so im not sure why they chose that at all.
3) white top with blue bottom I don't love, but they were 0-1 with loss at Detroit.

since they have used up the gray on gray, I like the blue/blue at home. White/white on road. Plus, since we changed I believe in 2002, every road playoff game was white on white.

Born and raised in Seattle , live in NY, so Ive seen it all with this team. All the way this year.
Post more. you brought it.

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawksny":die7butn said:

Fun facts

Also..........................
And they have NEVER worn blue tops with any other color except blue since the change in 2002. ( Reg Season) . In year of the Super Bowl, first game at Jacksonville was only other time they wore Blue tops and White bottoms. Last year they wore Blue tops with gray at Miami and at Carolina and repeated that again at Carolina this year.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Polk738":1wy64u1s said:
Does anyone else think we should just stick to the white uniforms? I'm just not a fan of those Wolf Grey unis, or just the blue tops with wolf grey pants looks fine but ya the greys just don't do it for me.

Yes, I like the classic white on white. Especially on grass so they get dirty

purpleworld

Reaction score
Make grey pants permanant on the road...i don't care what color they choose for the tops, grey/grey or grey/white combos both look nice! :)

A

Anonymous

volsunghawk":326oqm2k said:
Love the greys. Love the whites. Love the blues. There's a reason I have one of each. :mrgreen:

Sounds like you're talking about species of extraterrestrials, the KKK, and Stevie Ray Vaughan...

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I still am a fan of the white on white for road games, but the greys are pretty nice as well.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
I don't like the all grey - count me in as wanting to see blue pants on the road.

Blue Top and Grey Pants would look great -

But: I think the solid colors may help, its like movement camouflage - not as easy to read changes in direction.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":32fu6nua said:
volsunghawk":32fu6nua said:
Love the greys. Love the whites. Love the blues. There's a reason I have one of each. :mrgreen:

Sounds like you're talking about species of extraterrestrials, the KKK, and Stevie Ray Vaughan...

Yup. I've got an alien, a white supremacist, and the remains of SRV in my basement, encased in glass. It's a seriously weird mancave.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My favorite jersey I have is a wolf grey limited Lynch, still looking for the same one for Sherman.