Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
My bad, good call on that. Don't trust Ed "Dallas Cowboy" Werder nearly as much but still, usually "close to a deal"means the leqgue is reviewing the contract to make sure it is a legal contract by NFL rules.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
The Outfield":2v7bnl3n said:
Clayton believes Seattle may take the stance of waiting until after the draft to make a decision on bringing someone like Winfield in to compete for the nickelback position assuming the dynamic duo isn't sold on anyone in the draft or on their current roster.

http://mynorthwest.com/384/2248268/Clay ... B-Winfield
anybody notice that clayton is almost always wrong? i basically take what he says and plan on the opposite happening

ErikG803

Reaction score
Ed Werder can't be wrong all the time.... right?

God I hope this happens. I want to buy this year's Madden and just hang it in my sports room like an exhibit because our roster would be so perfect, for personal reasons and for practical reasons.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawkfan333":2voxo9bt said:
The Outfield":2voxo9bt said:
Clayton believes Seattle may take the stance of waiting until after the draft to make a decision on bringing someone like Winfield in to compete for the nickelback position assuming the dynamic duo isn't sold on anyone in the draft or on their current roster.

http://mynorthwest.com/384/2248268/Clay ... B-Winfield
anybody notice that clayton is almost always wrong? i basically take what he says and plan on the opposite happening

Depends he's better than most. Predictions in the NFL are not reliable overall.

Ever play the John Clayton drinking game? Take a drink every time he says, "Lets put it this way."

jlwaters1

Reaction score
710 ESPN Seattle

* BREAKING *

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, the Seahawks are on the verge of signing veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield.

@Edwerderespn: Seahawks closing in on deal to have nickel CB Antoine Winfield join Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner in one of league's best secondaries

ESPN's John Clayton has the details on The Afternoon Show at 4pm!

blue 22

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
And @Edwerderespn is reporting that former Vikings CB Antoine Winfield is close to agreeing to terms with the Seattle Seahawks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I really think Jeremy Lane could be a great CB, but having Winfield short term could be nice.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
I think it's funny how people say "arguably the best secondary" or "one of the best". Name one other defensive backfield that is even close to being a complete as ours. Its not even close. Two Probowl safeties, with Earl being All-Pro, 1 probowl CB (really should be 2 we all know Sherman deserved to be there) and Sherman was all-pro the best CB in all the NFL. If we sign Winfield then 5 probowlers in the secondary.

That isn't just obviously the best secondary in the NFL right now, That's probably the best in the history of game. How can you argue there is a better one currently in the game? You can't.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet3m
What's going on with Antoine Winfield? It's the #Vikings vs. #Seahawks, I'm told. Very fluid. He'll have to decide and should do so soon.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Id still rather draft Tyrann Mathieu
But for whatever reason his draft stock is skyrocketing so this works for me too

OP
OP
GCrow

GCrow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3mm9droh said:
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet3m
What's going on with Antoine Winfield? It's the #Vikings vs. #Seahawks, I'm told. Very fluid. He'll have to decide and should do so soon.

Interesting, I could see the Vikes offering abit more money than the 'Hawks. I wonder if it's a case of him getting one last nice payday or wanting a chance at the SuperBowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts