Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I would be ecstatic to bring Winfield aboard but he would have to want championship over money for such a deal to happen. I've read that he is asking for somewhere around 7 mil (per year!) and I don't see JS offering that. Unless he's squandered his years of NFL money, he should be equally happy with 5 mil and a ring, IMO.

It's no wonder he is scheduled to visit the Skins. Only Snyder (and Jerry Jones) throw money around as recklessly as that.

cacksman

Reaction score
HawkWow":37nbemnp said:
I would be ecstatic to bring Winfield aboard but he would have to want championship over money for such a deal to happen. I've read that he is asking for somewhere around 7 mil (per year!) and I don't see JS offering that. Unless he's squandered his years of NFL money, he should be equally happy with 5 mil and a ring, IMO.

It's no wonder he is scheduled to visit the Skins. Only Snyder (and Jerry Jones) throw money around as recklessly as that.

Highly doubt he's offered $5 mil. IMO he will sign with us for $3 million.

dunceface

Reaction score
cacksman":9afo6a0b said:
HawkWow":9afo6a0b said:

I approve this message.

HawkWow

Reaction score
cacksman":elae98pe said:
HawkWow":elae98pe said:

Considering he made his mark by offering great run support...offering half of his asking price would, IMO, be fair compensation. Our opposition won't have the luxury of running the ball after halftime, so the math works. Let's get it done JS!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
any more news/rumours on this from the locals? thought today was the day

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Ed Werder just said something along the lines of this on NFL 32: "Winfield was in Seattle all day yesterday and I've been told there is mutual interest, I expect negotiations to start soon."

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":24eoyhu4 said:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 42s
Seahawks closing in on deal to have nickel CB Antoine Winfield join Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner in one of league's best secondaries
Retweeted by 710 ESPN Seattle

May not wait until after the draft.

pls.

Besides, I don't think he'd be available after the draft at this rate.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Vikings fans are going to absolutely melt down if this actually happens.

formido

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":2zzeav9d said:
Ed Werder just said something along the lines of this on NFL 32: "Winfield was in Seattle all day yesterday and I've been told there is mutual interest, I expect negotiations to start soon."

One of? Winfield joins NFL's already best secondary and makes it legendary.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
This is exciting news. Between Winfield and Thurmond, we can keep both guys fresh at that nickel CB spot, and we can even move Thurmond around and let him sub for Browner or be a fourth corner. The secondary on this team is incredibly deep at the corner position. Just shore up the safety position, and this is the best secondary in football by a fairly good margin, in my opinion.

streets24

Reaction score
i am a born and raised buckeye and this could not make any more happier! this is the bow on my football birthday present with all the other toys in the box this offseason! my 4 and 6 year olds are doing backflips! we love our hawks! ,

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Just to keep expectations in check...

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet14m
Getting questions on Antoine Winfield and the Seahawks. I know there is mutual interest. But source says "just talking" not imminent.

Per the Flynn deal, "imminent" means a week. Can't imagine how long "not imminent" means.

The Outfield

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":2lj0q0sn said:
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9157628

Sando says the deal is close. I trust Sando

That's Sando's picture, but Ed Werder wrote the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.