Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Funny how ESPN is reporting this as a done deal to Seattle pretty much. They must really trust their boys Werder and Clayton, although honestly, it seems like they are always wrong on things like this.

Or it could just be another example of ESPN making the drop from former worldwide leader in sports to guesstimating, sometimes right, most of the time wrong but who cares we'll just act like nothing ever happened, tabloid.

Yeah, my money's on the latter. Let's just hope they are right on this one for a change. It would be HUGE!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I read he has a kid playing HS sports in Minn so he's taking his time.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Not sure how much of a factor this will be in affecting his decision but OLD MAN WINTER has again thrown Minnesotans a miserable curveball today. I heard that some 5000 car crashes were reported throughout the state and its still early. 3-8 inches of snow ontop of sleet/ice that accrued overnight in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. ;)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":wa2sei9x said:
Not sure how much of a factor this will be in affecting his decision but OLD MAN WINTER has again thrown Minnesotans a miserable curveball today. I heard that some 5000 car crashes were reported throughout the state and its still early. 3-8 inches of snow ontop of sleet/ice that accrued overnight in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. ;)

Yeah, man, it's brutal today. LightRails are frozen and offline. My buddy who has many pair of Twins season tickets is getting slaughtered this year on resales. I was in Amsterdam two days ago and came back for this??

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Unfortunately bad weather there probably doesn't influence him because he has seen what the area is like in good weather too.

Unfortunately Seattle has a reputation for rain 365 days a year and when he was here the weather sucked. The problem is he hasn't seen what Seattle is like when the weather is nice so that bad weather could have cemented the rumors. Hope I'm wrong, I more excited about Winfield than Avril or Bennett.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1xcwc9wt said:
Unfortunately bad weather there probably doesn't influence him because he has seen what the area is like in good weather too.

Unfortunately Seattle has a reputation for rain 365 days a year and when he was here the weather sucked. The problem is he hasn't seen what Seattle is like when the weather is nice so that bad weather could have cemented the rumors. Hope I'm wrong, I more excited about Winfield than Avril or Bennett.

You don't think there are people on this team he trusts to set that record straight?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hard to know if we are being played in order to allow Winfield to get a better deal from Minnie?

Seems to me as the OP said , the longer it takes the better we start to look for Winfield.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Yea unfortunately it wont matter. That quote of 5000 reports of crashes seems high to me. I heard it on espn 1500 radio but cant confirm it. Any who im not celebrating folks misery. Hope you stay safe BFS. Cheers to snowball fighting in April.

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":21faxh76 said:
Hard to know if we are being played in order to allow Winfield to get a better deal from Minnie?

Seems to me as the OP said , the longer it takes the better we start to look for Winfield.

I kinda look at it the other way. The longer it takes, the more emotion wins out. And while his legacy lies in Seattle, Winfield's heart is likely in Minnesota.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Man, if it comes down to his kid, I don't think he comes here. Moving is very hard on children in their teens. I know. I lived it. Can't blame the guy if he chooses Minny for that reason.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1dah66se said:
Russ Willstrong":1dah66se said:

Yeah, man, it's brutal today. LightRails are frozen and offline. My buddy who has many pair of Twins season tickets is getting slaughtered this year on resales. I was in Amsterdam two days ago and came back for this??

saw a car on 694 W near Woodbury facing the wrong direction... in the middle of the highway. that was at 7am.

Retribution for last year's 70 degree April i guess.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":feoyd9ui said:
bestfightstory":feoyd9ui said:
Russ Willstrong":feoyd9ui said:

saw a car on 694 W near Woodbury facing the wrong direction... in the middle of the highway. that was at 7am.

Retribution for last year's 70 degree April i guess.
The Governor probably had something to do with it. ((The Walking Dead reference))
Anyways..I guess that crap is coming our way too(Michigan). Last year was an anomaly. We had a week of 80 degree weather IN MARCH. It's back to the normal non-springlike weather for the Midwest. Probably won't get a Spring like normal. Yep. It goes from Winter right into Summer out here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":21n4ck5s said:
The Governor probably had something to do with it. ((The Walking Dead reference))
Anyways..I guess that crap is coming our way too(Michigan). Last year was an anomaly. We had a week of 80 degree weather IN MARCH. It's back to the normal non-springlike weather for the Midwest. Probably won't get a Spring like normal. Yep. It goes from Winter right into Summer out here.

Lightining, Thunder and snow at the same time... definitely the oncoming zombie apocolypse.

Winfield should get is family out of there quick... get somewhere near mountains, and an ocean

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Ed Werder. First, you publish an unsubstantiated report that the deal was close then you start a feeding frenzy for Winfield's services since teams are now more likely to copy what the Seahawks do. Poor reporting might cost us this one.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1mg60gej said:
Thanks a lot, Ed Werder. First, you publish an unsubstantiated report that the deal was close then you start a feeding frenzy for Winfield's services since teams are now more likely to copy what the Seahawks do. Poor reporting might cost us this one.

Personally, I don't think that Werder is a poor reporter. But I do believe that he has shown that he'll disseminate without question whatever a team or agent wants him to. Wouldn't be surprised if Werder was told that a deal was close by Winfield's agent in order to spark that feeding frenzy.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
volsunghawk":rprn8px5 said:
DavidSeven":rprn8px5 said:

Personally, I don't think that Werder is a poor reporter. But I do believe that he has shown that he'll disseminate without question whatever a team or agent wants him to. Wouldn't be surprised if Werder was told that a deal was close by Winfield's agent in order to spark that feeding frenzy.

Yeah, I said this earlier in the thread. It felt like Winfield's people floated this info out there for leverage from the jump.

drdiags

Reaction score
Werder isn't the culprit it is the other teams that played it coy until the 11th hour. In the end Winfield just needs to lick his wounds and head back to the Vikings. Seahawks tried playing it cool as well then struck but this time the player had to deal with an emotional tug at him as well. Avril and Bennett didn't have their former teams playing on their emotions and the deal was closed quicker.

To be honest, didn't think the team was even in the running only to see they had a ballpark figure they would jump in on and sounds like a few others are finding that they could make it work as well. No need to rush to a decision if you have a market.

Status
Not open for further replies.