Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Yes, it is worth reading through his twitter if you care to get an idea of his credibility (or lack thereof).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Winfield seems like a "have your cake and eat it too" kind of signing. If we get him thats great and awesome, but if we dont, we still have our cake!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3vhnfr8f said:
Winfield seems like a "have your cake and eat it too" kind of signing. If we get him thats great and awesome, but if we dont, we still have our cake!

Pretty much. Best secondary in the league with or without him.

m0ng0

Reaction score
well thats too bad if we miss out, but I suppose everyone has a different definition of "winning" best of luck to you Mr. Winfield.

The Outfield

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2rlp1spg said:
The Outfield":2rlp1spg said:
This is the tweet I was referring to (read the replies)

https://twitter.com/SeaHawkFORLife/stat ... 1798801409

But it should be noted that this person made his first tweet yesterday.

Like omg, SeahawkFORLife aka CRAZY 12TH MAN reported it, so it must be true! Of course he has a connect to Winfield's cousin in Minnesota. Of course!!

I hope you don't think I was lending this guy much credibility.

But also it seems like he might be a MINN fan impersonating a SEA fan:
@RapSheet I am a seahawk fan a disappointed but tell this rude fans facts are facts

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The Outfield":1oojtv1n said:
DavidSeven":1oojtv1n said:
The Outfield":1oojtv1n said:
This is the tweet I was referring to (read the replies)

https://twitter.com/SeaHawkFORLife/stat ... 1798801409

But it should be noted that this person made his first tweet yesterday.

Like omg, SeahawkFORLife aka CRAZY 12TH MAN reported it, so it must be true! Of course he has a connect to Winfield's cousin in Minnesota. Of course!!

I hope you don't think I was lending this guy much credibility.

But also it seems like he might be a MINN fan impersonating a SEA fan:
@RapSheet I am a seahawk fan a disappointed but tell this rude fans facts are facts

Ha no. Just commenting on his ridiculous account. Dude's clearly trollin'.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
If he signs with MIN it is just about the money,IMO and not about playing for one of the best teams in the NFL. Even Dion Sanders took a 1yr deal with SF just for chance to win it all ... And lead to bigger paydays with DAL

The Outfield

Reaction score
Happypuppy":9zk7gduq said:
If he signs with MIN it is just about the money,IMO and not about playing for one of the best teams in the NFL. Even Dion Sanders took a 1yr deal with SF just for chance to win it all ... And lead to bigger paydays with DAL

I wouldn't say that necessarily. I mean, he has played in Minnesota for 9 years. He may feel loyalty to the team and want to stay for that reason.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Happypuppy":p08zmzig said:

Or it could just be about staying at home. Playing in the city where he's played most of his career. Wanting to finish out his career in one place. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

But I also think he still signs with Seattle (and then gets beat out by Thurmond in camp), i'm not buying this twitter rumor crap.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I wouldn't blame him for staying in Minny, family there? Relocate for one year deal? There will more to it than the money and the Hawks don't need to have him though he would make another nice addition.

HawkWow

Reaction score
(This thread has been an emotional rollercoaster)... but the way I see it, we will win with Winfield and we will win without Winfield. If we are winning without him, we are winning without using cap space (and money) on his salary. It would be awesome to have him here, but I am confident the savings will be put to good use. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

nategreat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":swn7x2xx said:
Happypuppy":swn7x2xx said:

Or it could just be about staying at home. Playing in the city where he's played most of his career. Wanting to finish out his career in one place. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

But I also think he still signs with Seattle (and then gets beat out by Thurmond in camp), i'm not buying this twitter rumor crap.

I like Thurmond, but I have for the past few years, and he's ALWAYS been hurt. Very unreliable. Not to mention Winfield is arguably the best nickel/slot corner in the league, and top-tier no matter how you slice it. IF Thurmond stays healthy, I think he can be the eventual replacement for Browner if we so choose to go another way. But not for Winfield if he's signed, not next year at least.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I see him as a key piece that could mean the difference in an additional win or two. We may be able to still win the division without him but that one or two extra loss's could mean the difference between the 3 or 4 seed and home field throughout. It doesn't cripple us without him but it would make us better and those close games more winnable

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1gu2nja0 said:
Uncle Si":1gu2nja0 said:
DavidSeven":1gu2nja0 said:
I think it's possible that Winfield's people floated this info out there to put some pressure on the Vikings. I bet he's willing to take less with Seattle, but could be swayed by Minnesota upping their initial offer.

he could have done that when he visited the Redskins.

Redskins have virtually $0.00 in cap space. They would have had to shift money going to their signed players just to offer Winfield a vet minimum deal. They were never a threat to the Vikings in terms of money.

If the point was just to take an offer back to Minnesota what difference does it make what the offer was. The idea was that Winfield was using teams to negotiate with Minnesota.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This twitter thing isnt legit. Not saying Winfield to Seattle is a done deal. But Minnesota sports radio was lamenting his loss both yesterday afternoon and this morning (despite cautioning his move to Seattle wasnt official).

Look, Minnesota has had numerous chances to sign him, and didnt. If they want him now they are in a fight for him. Why take that risk?

For me, he signs with Seattle. As others said, either way we're fine. But living out here in Minny for the last 12 years, this guy is probably the most popular and well liked Viking. Great run stopper, good in cover, great leader. Will be a great fit here

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wlg3g0n8 said:
This twitter thing isnt legit. Not saying Winfield to Seattle is a done deal. But Minnesota sports radio was lamenting his loss both yesterday afternoon and this morning (despite cautioning his move to Seattle wasnt official).

Look, Minnesota has had numerous chances to sign him, and didnt. If they want him now they are in a fight for him. Why take that risk?

For me, he signs with Seattle. As others said, either way we're fine. But living out here in Minny for the last 12 years, this guy is probably the most popular and well liked Viking. Great run stopper, good in cover, great leader. Will be a great fit here
True. My feeling is that Antoine is Licking his chops to sign and to start for us rather then to groom his successors in Minnesota as a part time player. He's taking his time out of respect for his fans, his coach and for his family who will likely welcome the move. Can't wait for it to be official :)

warden

Reaction score
A little more money to ride of into the sunset with compared to riding off into the sunset with a legit chance to finish your career off with a Superbowl Ring.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
He hasn't been signed yet people, those twitters are not reliable accounts. My guess is we will find out today what he wants to do. My money is on us. Similar if not more money than Min can offer, way better roster, realistic chance to win it all this year and finish his career with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts