Who said this year is a team rebuild ?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Not every young HC can be McVay or Shanahan. Every team with a new head coach is brimming with optimism. I really think Macdonald was the right choice. And yet, we have yet to see if his success as a coordinator will translate into success as a HC.
The hope is not that Macdaddy will be the next McVay or Shanahan. The hope is he will be McVay's and Shanahan's kryptonite.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Define "finished product" OP. Playoff potential team...or SB contender?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I have been wondering whether the Bears will be better than the Seahawks this year. Hard to predict. The offense will be much improved with Caleb, Allen, Swift, and Odunze added. The teams play each other this season.
Record wise we might. The NFC north is brutal- Detroit looked stacked, Packers look good and the Vikings look decent. I think the Bears made a major mistake keeping their head coach as well. Longer term right now I think the Bears will be better. I think Williams will be elite and better than Geno. Our receiving core is good though with DK, JSN and Lockett (albeit he's ageing).

morgulon1

Reaction score
Not many teams with rookie HC have the top WR group in the NFL, a top 5 RB room, top 2-3 CB random if Reek pulls his head out of his ass, and a top 10ish QB. The trenches need fixed, if they stay healthy we could surprise

Last year in the NFCW, we finished 4-2, having been swept by SF and LAR.

From a point differential standpoint, we were outscored by 37 points (PF 99, PA 136).

On average, we lost all six games by 6.2 points... essentially, by a TD. That's significant.

Next year, if we were to split with both SF and LAR, I would consider our 2024 season a success, almost without regard to our final record.

I view this season as a "Re-tool +" because of the personnel changes in combination with our new coaching staff.
If we were swept by LA and SF they'd be 2-4.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I have been wondering whether the Bears will be better than the Seahawks this year. Hard to predict. The offense will be much improved with Caleb, Allen, Swift, and Odunze added. The teams play each other this season.
Vegas has Bears at 8.5 wins, Seahawks at 7.5

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Record wise we might. The NFC north is brutal- Detroit looked stacked, Packers look good and the Vikings look decent. I think the Bears made a major mistake keeping their head coach as well. Longer term right now I think the Bears will be better. I think Williams will be elite and better than Geno. Our receiving core is good though with DK, JSN and Lockett (albeit he's ageing).
The early speculation is if the Bears don’t make the playoffs Eberflus will be replaced

GemCity

Reaction score
New staff…positions that they haven’t had at the NFL level.

A bottom dwelling defense that appears to have gotten better after the draft.

Man…I just don’t know. That’s part of the excitement. If our D performs like Baltimore’s defense did vs us last year, I’ll chalk that up as a W.

I do think we’re better than the Cardinals. The Rams? Slight edge to them…even with AD retired. SF? It doesn’t feel like we’re closing the gap…yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this team goes 12-5…or 5-12.

At any rate, it’s pretty damn exciting and entertaining nonetheless.

A personal perspective: I want our identity to be hard hitting, pure aggressiveness on defense. Obviously you need offense too but, I really want to see the defense put up a fight…every single down. Watching teams run us over last year (literally) had me sick to my stomach….

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Hawks added a new starting DE and R/LG. Outside of that, it's the same team as last year.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawks added a new starting DE and R/LG. Outside of that, it's the same team as last year.
Besides an entirely new coaching staff.

...and two new starting linebackers.

.......and two new tight ends.

..........and a new starter at both safety spots regardless of who wins the competitions.

............and probably a new rotational nose tackle in Hankins.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Besides an entirely new coaching staff.

...and two new starting linebackers.

.......and two new tight ends.

..........and a new starter at both safety spots regardless of who wins the competitions.

............and probably a new rotational nose tackle in Hankins.
There was also Addition-By-Subtraction. Overpaid, underperforming, or "Mr. Business Decision" players were jettisoned. Love Will Dissly, but we overpaid his ass. He's now on a fair contract. QDiggs--gone. JAdams--gone. JBrooks--gone, I liked Brooks, but let somebody else overpay him. There's more, but that's just a few highlights.

MM and JS are fixing the salary cap overpay and draft trade issues from Pete that were OK if just one season, but long-term, hamstrung the Seahawks salary cap. Enough Prop-Up-Pete midseason trades. A poster on a previous page of this thread nailed it. I do love LWilliams and since he re-signed, the trade could turn out good.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The early speculation is if the Bears don’t make the playoffs Eberflus will be replaced
It should have been done this year so everyone had a fresh start. This is the guy who made his last QB who's strength was running, to not run

toffee

Reaction score
Please don't make me put you on ignore. You are too good a poster for something so inane.
We are honeymooning with our new coach, a defense genius who will fit the defense that prevented the Hawks from going deep into the playoffs.

At this point in his career, I do not doubt that he has plans on how to build a dynasty. We would be in trouble if he did not have plans on how to build that dynasty, don't you think?

BASF

Reaction score
We are honeymooning with our new coach, a defense genius who will fit the defense that prevented the Hawks from going deep into the playoffs.

At this point in his career, I do not doubt that he has plans on how to build a dynasty. We would be in trouble if he did not have plans on how to build that dynasty, don't you think?
Agreed, however using a new catchphrase repeatedly gets annoying fast. Especially from good posters.