OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
MVP53":18umn7fn said:
gowazzu02":18umn7fn said:
PackerNation":18umn7fn said:
WindCityHawk":18umn7fn said:
Going back to the Super Bowl, we've lost 6 of our last 7. I think it's perfectly valid to wonder if the ride is over.

I think it's perfectly valid to wonder if you have stopped taking your medication. That has to be the stupidest thing I have read on any forum in the last 5 years. :34853_doh:

In 2014 you won 8 straight to get to the Super Bowl. NOBODY counts preseason games. It barely qualifies as football.

Just a little perspective: The Seahawks have gone 30-10 over the last 3 years, Back to Back Super Bowl appearances with 1 victory. A great GM and front office, solid draft picks and elite QB to go along with a top 5 defense.

0-2 sucks and no team plans it that way but the ball bounced poorly for you a few times. But step back from the ledge and R-E-L-A-X. All the pieces are there and you will be in the playoffs looking like a team poised to go for 3 straight. Only injuries and the Green Bay Packers can stop you.

Where are the 5 losses on the GB schedule? Because as it sits today GB is 3 games up on Seattle for HFA. If GB only loses 4 games Seattle must go 13-1 the rest of the year for HFA......

You realize the season isn't over if the Hawks don't get home field, right?

Well we just lost @ GB with perfect weather, no Jordy Nelson a dinged up Adams and No Lacy for most of the game. Having to go through them again in Dec/Jan GB sounds terrible.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I think it's perfectly valid to wonder if you have stopped taking your medication. That has to be the stupidest thing I have read on any forum in the last 5 years. :34853_doh:

In 2014 you won 8 straight to get to the Super Bowl. NOBODY counts preseason games. It barely qualifies as football.

Just a little perspective: The Seahawks have gone 30-10 over the last 3 years, Back to Back Super Bowl appearances with 1 victory. A great GM and front office, solid draft picks and elite QB to go along with a top 5 defense.

0-2 sucks and no team plans it that way but the ball bounced poorly for you a few times. But step back from the ledge and R-E-L-A-X. All the pieces are there and you will be in the playoffs looking like a team poised to go for 3 straight. Only injuries and the Green Bay Packers can stop you.[/quote]

Where are the 5 losses on the GB schedule? Because as it sits today GB is 3 games up on Seattle for HFA. If GB only loses 4 games Seattle must go 13-1 the rest of the year for HFA......[/quote]

You realize the season isn't over if the Hawks don't get home field, right?[/quote]

Well we just lost @ GB with perfect weather, no Jordy Nelson a dinged up Adams and No Lacy for most of the game. Having to go through them again in Dec/Jan GB sounds terrible.[/quote]

And very easily could have won.

GB should have beat us at the CLINK last January.

Homefield is nice, but is not the end all.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Week 1 and week 2 will only affect home field advantage. With all the games this team has played the last 2 years I'm just hoping at this point they make it to the playoffs with no major injuries. Hawks have climbed the mountain before so they will know how to get it done when it truly matters.

Like PC said this team just needs to get out of its own way.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3ipohx4d said:
We need another quarterback. He is very overrated and the book is out on him. He has all the weapons he needs. Keep him in the pocket and he is lower than average. The wheels are falling off.

Clearly not in "not sure if serious" territory here.

Either way, you did an excellent job in one-upping the OP for ridiculousness.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
It's over guys. 0-2 and the season is done. Team is moving to LA after this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TriCHawk":3r1tok2x said:
It's over guys. 0-2 and the season is done. Team is moving to LA after this year.

Ken Behring is that you?

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
minormillikin":2cpyj278 said:
gtcotcakya":2cpyj278 said:
Can we just get a sticky'd "Game Over-reaction" thread that we refresh every week?

That's a good idea. This thread is obviously over the top negativity.

There should also be a sticky thread for over the top, gooey homerism like the "who's in" thread.

Or... We could just continue to allow people to react in their own way, rather than assuming pessimism=trolling.

Well put,,,this being a message board and all.

canfan

Reaction score
Haven't you heard? Pete decided 0-2 was an unacceptable start, so he has retired to Hawaii to take up body surfing and origami full time. Jim Mora, who has much more experience with 0-2 teams will be leaving UCLA to resume this Seahawk head coaching job. Yup, better close up shop...it's all over but the crying! :sarcasm_on:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Wartooth":2nvqeyc9 said:
I saw Clark in on a couple of snaps...
Pushing his guy back into Rogers face.
Then they took him out!
Why?

I saw that too... It seems that the coaches are loyal to the veterans and have moved away from "the best players play". That has been the downfall of many coaches.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2seo9ydd said:
minormillikin":2seo9ydd said:
gtcotcakya":2seo9ydd said:
Can we just get a sticky'd "Game Over-reaction" thread that we refresh every week?

That's a good idea. This thread is obviously over the top negativity.

There should also be a sticky thread for over the top, gooey homerism like the "who's in" thread.

Or... We could just continue to allow people to react in their own way, rather than assuming pessimism=trolling.

Well put,,,this being a message board and all.

We could take this oh so many levels down. You're out of whack for saying someone's out of whack. You're out of whack for saying someone's out of whack who's saying someone's out of whack.

Minor, when people respond negatively to someone who says in political terms, are you one of those people going off about their right to free speech when the government is not limiting that right?

Same deal here. The post wasn't altered, deleted, and the OP wasn't coerced by the mods (at least by my knowledge) to change what he said. Responding negatively to something negative is allowing it to happen.

And yes, it's a message board. So when you post hyperbole you should expect to get a negative reaction.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2es7yj74 said:
WE didn't lose anything. The team did.

I actually gained great entertainment from an exciting game.

It wasn't so exciting in the first half, but from that drive in the second on it was a ride. And that's why I watch.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3pxo18a2 said:
seahawk12thman":3pxo18a2 said:
We need another quarterback. He is very overrated and the book is out on him. He has all the weapons he needs. Keep him in the pocket and he is lower than average. The wheels are falling off.

Thank you :). Keep Russell in the pocket he is less than average. The Hawks have now lost three straight games with him struggling badly. He is in his fourth year, he should be dominating and his stats are on the decline. Pretty simple really.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ovs1icg said:
I think the standard for being a "really good team" in the NFL is going to the playoffs in most years. Save for Lynch the Hawks are still young too. Even if they missed the playoffs this year I don't think their window would be closed. Bad question.

Even after this year I think they've still got another two or three years with their core as is. Save for maybe the Packers I can't think of another team for whom that's true.* Now that they've had to pay everyone it will never be as easy as it has been for the past few years. but they've still got as long or longer of a window than anyone.

*Excluding the Colts and Pitt because because IMO they don't really have a "core" like the Hawks and Packers do; they each just have a collection of three or four important players, one of whom happens to be a really good QB who won't be retiring in the next few years.

Agreed. There are no "windows" per se. I think that whole concept is narrow minded.

Packers and the Patriots are the model of "successful" franchises in the post salary cap era. A very good Qb and coach can make you a consistent contender year in and year out. Brady has seen nearly his entire team change every 5 years and there the Pats were winning the Super Bowl.

I think the Seahawks are starting that, not finishing it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3s49h481 said:
bmorepunk":3s49h481 said:
seahawk12thman":3s49h481 said:

Thank you :). Keep Russell in the pocket he is less than average. The Hawks have now lost three straight games with him struggling badly. He is in his fourth year, he should be dominating and his stats are on the decline. Pretty simple really.

I think the rather "pedestrian" receivers that they have on the field for the majority of the game is the main cause of Russell's struggles.

MVP53

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2rmv5kpb said:
Well we just lost @ GB with perfect weather, no Jordy Nelson a dinged up Adams and No Lacy for most of the game. Having to go through them again in Dec/Jan GB sounds terrible.
[/quote]

Yup, would much prefer to play them again at the CLink, rather than Lambeau, but that doesn't mean the season is toast. Heck, maybe Green Bay is upended by someone in the 2nd round and the NFCCG goes through Seattle again. Stranger things have happened. That, as they say, is why they play the games.

MVP53

Reaction score
rideaducati":3s8xzgqe said:
Wartooth":3s8xzgqe said:
Then they took him out!
Why?

I saw that too... It seems that the coaches are loyal to the veterans and have moved away from "the best players play". That has been the downfall of many coaches.

Which veterans would that be? Looked like the DL had a pretty good game to me.

Or is this just an extension of your "the coaches hate Chris Matthews" conspiracy theory?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2oi1iorq said:
Did you watch the game last night? How many years of football have you watched? Last night may have been the best game RW has ever had from the pocket. He's progressing nicely in that aspect of his game. He's not perfect and he has a ways to go in that area as well as being willing to throw the ball to guys that may only have a half step on their coverage. 10 years from now I truly hope you remember posting something this foolish.

Uncle Si":2oi1iorq said:
Agreed. There are no "windows" per se. I think that whole concept is narrow minded.

Packers and the Patriots are the model of "successful" franchises in the post salary cap era. A very good Qb and coach can make you a consistent contender year in and year out. Brady has seen nearly his entire team change every 5 years and there the Pats were winning the Super Bowl.

I think the Seahawks are starting that, not finishing it.
Agree 100% Si.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MVP53":1ym1pbb2 said:
rideaducati":1ym1pbb2 said:
Wartooth":1ym1pbb2 said:
Then they took him out!
Why?

Which veterans would that be? Looked like the DL had a pretty good game to me.

Or is this just an extension of your "the coaches hate Chris Matthews" conspiracy theory?

I guess reading comprehension is lost with you. If you would kindly show me where I said "the coaches hate Chris Matthews", I would appreciate it and I would retract it. I never said it, so you implying that I did makes you seem a bit disingenuous. If you want to attack my stance on the issue, go ahead, but cheap retorts like yours with only Kearse as your argument will leave your ability to advance your stance wanting.

Avril, was getting bear hugged every play and wasn't able to get much push and when he wasn't bear hugged, he was easily guided past Rodgers. Clark got bear hugged and still drove the guy back into Rodgers. Maybe you missed that and can come up with another quote from me that was never said by me...it shouldn't be difficult for you.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
rideaducati":2wnm1j0u said:
seahawk12thman":2wnm1j0u said:
bmorepunk":2wnm1j0u said:
seahawk12thman":2wnm1j0u said:

I think the rather "pedestrian" receivers that they have on the field for the majority of the game is the main cause of Russell's struggles.

I think our receivers are anything but pedestrian. Jimmy Graham, Lockett, Baldwin and even Willson.