window closed?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy. They will win these next 2 games and those same people will be pumping their chests out about "their Hawks" :roll:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
We need another quarterback. He is very overrated and the book is out on him. He has all the weapons he needs. Keep him in the pocket and he is lower than average. The wheels are falling off.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1ehfjju3 said:
Aros":1ehfjju3 said:
Gotta love fans who post fresh off a loss. :pukeface:

Going back to the Super Bowl, we've lost 6 of our last 7. I think it's perfectly valid to wonder if the ride is over.

The performances we've seen are not of a good team getting bad breaks and losing close games; they're of an inept team with no heart or identity, and suspicious leadership. Those teams don't just "click" one day and go on win streaks.

I agree that this is a .500 team. Probably the most expensive one in recent history to boot.

Wow, fair weather fans. We were not very good at the beginning of last season and we did fine, we will get it together next week and start kicking some ass.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":j52kgor7 said:
We need another quarterback. He is very overrated and the book is out on him. He has all the weapons he needs. Keep him in the pocket and he is lower than average. The wheels are falling off.
What happened to this site?
Ive been gone for a long time and this is what i come back to?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think the standard for being a "really good team" in the NFL is going to the playoffs in most years. Save for Lynch the Hawks are still young too. Even if they missed the playoffs this year I don't think their window would be closed. Bad question.

Even after this year I think they've still got another two or three years with their core as is. Save for maybe the Packers I can't think of another team for whom that's true.* Now that they've had to pay everyone it will never be as easy as it has been for the past few years. but they've still got as long or longer of a window than anyone.

*Excluding the Colts and Pitt because because IMO they don't really have a "core" like the Hawks and Packers do; they each just have a collection of three or four important players, one of whom happens to be a really good QB who won't be retiring in the next few years.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing how many of these people that became fans past couple years are bandwagoners or not.

0-2, big deal.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I believe as long as we have Pete and JS And Allen our window is open. No reason to beiieve otherwise. IMO

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Can we just get a sticky'd "Game Over-reaction" thread that we refresh every week?

minormillikin

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":xfpxs9es said:
Can we just get a sticky'd "Game Over-reaction" thread that we refresh every week?

That's a good idea. This thread is obviously over the top negativity.

There should also be a sticky thread for over the top, gooey homerism like the "who's in" thread.

Or... We could just continue to allow people to react in their own way, rather than assuming pessimism=trolling.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Rob12":3vt4oxy4 said:
I don't think the window is closed but I absolutely do not blame fans at all for feeling that way. Just asking the question will get you flamed, and your fanhood questioned.

We need to win 12 of 14 to secure HFA, most likely. And obviously, that's possible. But there's some big obstacles to climb at this point.

Thank you, some of the responses to my post are comical. Apparently if your not all rainbows and unicorns about this team you're "a new fan" or "jumped on the bandwagon 3 years ago" which is so freaking stupid.

This team has some HUGE glaring weaknesses, add on there normal stupid penalties and bad clock management and we just punted two WINNABLE games. We had the lead in the fourth and we gave it right up.

Your point about HFA is huge, must go ATLEAST 12-2,,,,maybe 13-1 since GB now owns the tie breaker against us to get hfa.....The margin for error is gone now.

PackerNation

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2ugy5ong said:
Going back to the Super Bowl, we've lost 6 of our last 7. I think it's perfectly valid to wonder if the ride is over.

I think it's perfectly valid to wonder if you have stopped taking your medication. That has to be the stupidest thing I have read on any forum in the last 5 years. :34853_doh:

In 2014 you won 8 straight to get to the Super Bowl. NOBODY counts preseason games. It barely qualifies as football.

Just a little perspective: The Seahawks have gone 30-10 over the last 3 years, Back to Back Super Bowl appearances with 1 victory. A great GM and front office, solid draft picks and elite QB to go along with a top 5 defense.

0-2 sucks and no team plans it that way but the ball bounced poorly for you a few times. But step back from the ledge and R-E-L-A-X. All the pieces are there and you will be in the playoffs looking like a team poised to go for 3 straight. Only injuries and the Green Bay Packers can stop you.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
PackerNation":3mg0ragy said:
WindCityHawk":3mg0ragy said:

I think it's perfectly valid to wonder if you have stopped taking your medication. That has to be the stupidest thing I have read on any forum in the last 5 years. :34853_doh:

In 2014 you won 8 straight to get to the Super Bowl. NOBODY counts preseason games. It barely qualifies as football.

Just a little perspective: The Seahawks have gone 30-10 over the last 3 years, Back to Back Super Bowl appearances with 1 victory. A great GM and front office, solid draft picks and elite QB to go along with a top 5 defense.

0-2 sucks and no team plans it that way but the ball bounced poorly for you a few times. But step back from the ledge and R-E-L-A-X. All the pieces are there and you will be in the playoffs looking like a team poised to go for 3 straight. Only injuries and the Green Bay Packers can stop you.

Where are the 5 losses on the GB schedule? Because as it sits today GB is 3 games up on Seattle for HFA. If GB only loses 4 games Seattle must go 13-1 the rest of the year for HFA......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PackerNation":2swm10e1 said:
WindCityHawk":2swm10e1 said:

Perspective! What a novel idea. Good post.

Windows close for two reasons;

1. Age, core players are too old and can't stay healthy and/or produce like they used to.

2. Free agency, core players leave for greener pastures and aren't being replaced by equal talent.

I don't see either of these two things with the Hawks. I see a team with quite a few new moving parts that will take time to mesh.

MVP53

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1aeks5de said:
PackerNation":1aeks5de said:
WindCityHawk":1aeks5de said:

Where are the 5 losses on the GB schedule? Because as it sits today GB is 3 games up on Seattle for HFA. If GB only loses 4 games Seattle must go 13-1 the rest of the year for HFA......

You realize the season isn't over if the Hawks don't get home field, right?

MVP53

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":w5m5gafn said:
ZagHawk":w5m5gafn said:
My worry is by the time they build a real O-Line. Marshawn will be gone and the defense will of course not be nearly as good, so it won't matter.

Homei Marshawn is gone. In the perfect seahawks world he scores the game winning TD is the MVP and retires into the sunset. He played like crap and we looked way better when not trying to force him the ball. He is a fumble machine and if he's not going to break a tackle he has no chance behind this OL.

Marshawn is a "fumble machine" now? He fumbled once last year. Including playoffs, he has 22 fumbles (12 lost) in 132 games.