Win with grace, lose with GRACE.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1fwk9gdk said:
Smelly McUgly":1fwk9gdk said:
I'm not trying to be a dick, but keep your perspective. We get fired up about these games too in the moment just as fans, but step back and have some perspective for once, and you'll see that it is what it is = a billion dollar entertainment industry. Not a boardroom meeting, not a classroom, but an entertainment job where for only a sliver of it, he answers questions about throwing a football.

I know you like to be judgmental of people on the internet because it makes you feel good about yourself, but we don't know these guys and you can only be so judgmental before you sound like a fool. Keep that in mind.

You basically proved my point. Billions of dollars at stake and you think image doesn't matter. That is ridiculous. Keep bein' mad, bro.

Billions of dollars at stake for the owners. If they want to correct his image, that's their right.

Also, Kaepernick got deals out the ying-yang last year despite his image. In the NFL, the play on the field is king. (Thus the likely correspondence of advertisements/deals for Wilson and a decrease for Kaepernick.)

Brahn

Reaction score
We are talking about wardrobes.....not a game.....but wardrobes..........

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc, I'm not saying his clothing choice affects his play on the field; I'm just saying, I think it's obtuse to pretend image doesn't matter for the Face of the Franchise when it comes to NFL teams.

Also, I think in small ways, how you present yourself does affect your teammates to a small degree. If your offensive line thinks you're a clown, that might just result in one or two little differences on the field once in a while. Kind of like how you may not want to do your absolute best if a coworker asks you to do something at work and you privately despise that person, compared to a different coworker that asks you to do something where you like that person.

Regardless, image matters a lot to every NFL team and to the league itself. That should be more than enough reason to look like, and act like, a professional in the traditional sense of the word. How many people ignore their employer's preferences about how you present yourself if you're one of the two or three most important employees working for that company?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'm not mad at you, bud. I just think that you're a tad self-righteous. Then again, who isn't on a message board sometimes?

Billions of dollars at stake are made through what happens on the field, not what fitted cap a player chooses to wear at a press conference. Heck, the NFL wouldn't let Mike Nolan wear a suit on the sidelines because the NFL wanted to push their clothing. That's about the only place clothes matter in the NFL.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Well, I'm not trying to be self-righteous, (though I know that's not always a successful endeavor) I just think on a stage this large, you can't find something about a major NFL player that doesn't matter at least a tiny bit in some way.

NINEster

Reaction score
Interesting analysis on Kaepernick. Can't say I disagree with what's being said about his demeanor in interviews and post game handshakes.

The clothes thing is annoying but would be tolerable if he could be more upbeat and respectful.

One thing that's interesting is his post game attire after the rams game last year when he filled in for Smith. Full button down dress shirt, no headphones and very positive when talking about the possibility of starting the next game. A lot has changed since then.

Kaepernick is a good person. His actions just don't fully reflect that right now.

drdiags

Reaction score
The poster with the military wardrobe analogy, not the same. As you know, the service has regs that state how the uniform will be worn in public as well as acceptable behavior while in uniform. The NFL has rules for on field uniform and penalizes anyone who violates their standards.

Post game wardrobe isn't regulated from what I know of the current NFL contracts.

Newton caught flak about his sideline demeanor and post game presentation from the media and encouragement from his mentors and teammates to change his interaction with the media, but nothing from the league. If Kaepernick chooses to speak to the media in the gear of his choosing, that is between him, the 9ers and the NFL/NFLPA if they wanted him to give a different image.

Not a Seahawks problem, so I choose not to care. The sideline audio from the 9ers/Packers game after the Matthews illegal hit on Kap shows how his linemen feel about him. If they have a problem about his post game dress, it will be something they discuss internally but it surely isn't keeping them from rallying around him. I wish we would stop this constant comparison to the other guys.

Be happy for what you got and leave it to the 9ers fans to deal with what they have would be my suggestion if anyone asked. But no one did, so I got that going for me.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Did Papaki really scuttle off after the loss without a handshake? Again?! That's no good. I don't really give a crap about the clothes or anything like that, but there are certain things that come with certain jobs. If you're a quarterback, and you get beat, then you have to suck it up and congratulate the opponent. It ain't fun, but you do it. It's a sign of leadership and what you signed on for when you became a QB.

And to do it after a win, but be unable to do it after a loss? That's just weak; no other word for it. C'mon, quarterback. Sack up.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Looked to me like he walked out there but NFL Game Rewind doesn't really show that part of the broadcast for very long and I don't have NFL Network so I'm afraid I didn't see it in real time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":x8xw7xws said:
Did Papaki really scuttle off after the loss without a handshake? Again?! That's no good. I don't really give a crap about the clothes or anything like that, but there are certain things that come with certain jobs. If you're a quarterback, and you get beat, then you have to suck it up and congratulate the opponent. It ain't fun, but you do it. It's a sign of leadership and what you signed on for when you became a QB.

And to do it after a win, but be unable to do it after a loss? That's just weak; no other word for it. C'mon, quarterback. Sack up.

It's instances like these that have me curious why some refer to Kaep as "a great guy". Great guys don't do this. Little biotches do. His persona is more WR (Diva) than NFL QB, IMO.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":2eb9s2ck said:
Kaepernick is a good person. His actions just don't fully reflect that right now.

Is it having an impact in your opinion?

For me, he's wasting too much time on trivial matters and concentrating on negatives.

The way he acts in press conferences is clearly stage managed because we know that's not the real Kaepernick. Is he being distracted by this faux battle with the media, considering himself some kind of victim because of the actions of a one or two individuals in the industry?

Some of the stuff he comes out with is just flat out disrespectful to the press and his opponents. Harbaugh has clearly had some impact here because he's tried to pull the same act in the past. But even he is bringing it in a little given recent performances.

The favourites list on Twitter too -- it just seems so negative. Why do that? And in such a public way too. He's actively encouraging more negative tweets. There are people he's favourited who, when challenged, say they only sent the message "to get a favourite off Kaepernick".

I also think he's way too concerned with his image, but so are a lot of NFL players.

And it all seems so unnecessary. He was bright, engaging and likeable at Nevada. And dare I say better for it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism, possibly contributing to losing seasons, tendencies to scramble after first read or throwing countless incompletions and 3 yard passes to similarly fragile, narcissistic TEs with initials V & D.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":4jt6mf2d said:
The way he acts in press conferences is clearly stage managed because we know that's not the real Kaepernick.
And it all seems so unnecessary. He was bright, engaging and likeable at Nevada. And dare I say better for it.
I really think you're stretching, here. He was a star among nobodies at Nevada. The NFL is a million miles away from that. So many times more pressure, responsibilities, ego stroking, punishment by teammates for screwing up, etc.

Seems to me like he is having serious trouble adjusting to the big stage.

djb28

Reaction score
The players take on the personality of the coach. Maybe when his career in football is over he can become ..dejay Kap. And spin all the useless tunes.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2dqhroun said:
Did Papaki really scuttle off after the loss without a handshake?

No. He didn't.

Whatever, I'll be honest: As is to be expected on any fan forum, many people here are just so petty and obsessive in their rivalry with the 9ers that they come up with tons of nonsense and BS to justify it (i.e. "if we don't like them, it can't be because we're rivals and fighting for the same thing, it's because they're bad people"). It's stupid and pathetic when 9ers fans do it, and it's stupid and pathetic when Hawks fans do it too.

He went out to shake hands with everyone else. I have no idea how Hawks fans have convinced themselves otherwise.

Here's the friggin screencap of the camera catching him in the middle of the field right after congratulating Newton. :lol:

OQpV9Yq

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Popeyejones":81whuo6i said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":81whuo6i said:
Did Papaki really scuttle off after the loss without a handshake?

No. He didn't.

Whatever, I'll be honest: As is to be expected on any fan forum, many people here are just so petty and obsessive in their rivalry with the 9ers that they come up with tons of nonsense and BS to justify it (i.e. "if we don't like them, it can't be because we're rivals and fighting for the same thing, it's because they're bad people"). It's stupid and pathetic when 9ers fans do it, and it's stupid and pathetic when Hawks fans do it too.

He went out to shake hands with everyone else. I have no idea how Hawks fans have convinced themselves otherwise.

Here's the friggin screencap of the camera catching him in the middle of the field right after congratulating Newton. :lol:

OQpV9Yq

Well its not like there isn't a precedent

Popeyejones

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2r2pa63p said:

Precedent for what? Precedent for something that you guys made up happening? :lol:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3tiim72g said:
-The Glove-":3tiim72g said:

Precedent for what? Precedent for something that you guys made up happening? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: he clearly ran off the field in Seattle...I didn't catch the end of the Panthers-Niners game, so good for him if he shook hands afterwards.

canfan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":bf8omxzg said:
-The Glove-":bf8omxzg said:

Nothing made up. Kaep was clearly seen running off the field in Seattle without talking to, or shaking hands with anyone. It was clearly caught on camera for all to see.