Win with grace, lose with GRACE.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2ue6gnro said:
Hawkpower":2ue6gnro said:
His choice in dress matches his maturity level. His actions (refusing to shake hands, refusing to credit opposing teams) matches his maturity level.

He doesnt need to wear a suit, but he is a mid 20's man dressing like he is 13.

Again, what we have here is an immature guy. Simple

No, he just doesn't dress like YOU want him to dress. He dresses like a lot of twenty-something black dudes, which he is one.

Sprfunk":2ue6gnro said:
Your right, he is not in a job interview, he is simply addressing millions of people as a front for an organization. He is the spokesman of the niners, the face of the franchise, or whatever else you want to call it. Bottom line is that his hat shielding his eyes shows things in his personality no spokesman should ever show, its a sign of weakness, not strength. I am not saying he is weak, but the image he is projecting to the world is weak, scared, intimidated, or immature. Not a good look man.

Please, he's not a PR representative, he's a football player. Don't confuse the two. There are reasons to criticize him (his not shaking hands with Cam or Russell Wilson counts), but picking on his dress is just silly. We get it, you don't like that style of dress/urban wear. Move on.

I dont give a rip how he dresses. I said it matches his maturity level, which it does. The other 20 somethings in America (notice that RW is a "black dude" where is his urban gear at the PC?) that dress like they are 13 likely have maturity issues as well. Headphones at press conference?

His actions prove my point is true. Sorry you have a problem with that for some reason.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hawkpower":2mes2djq said:
I dont give a rip how he dresses. I said it matches his maturity level, which it does. The other 20 somethings in America (notice that RW is a "black dude" where is his urban gear at the PC?) that dress like they are 13 likely have maturity issues as well. Headphones at press conference?

His actions prove my point is true. Sorry you have a problem with that for some reason.

No, they don't. You're just making a stupid claim. Typical "judge a book by its cover" crap. I dressed like that when I was in my twenties and so did a bunch of other people that I went to college with, and we all got degrees, pay our taxes, vote, and do everything else a mature citizen does.

I don't have a problem with it, just telling you that your point is wrong and that harping on it makes you sound silly. Almost as silly as if you were harping on Pete Carroll for his dashing hoodie/sweatpants combo that he talks to reporters in all the time. Who cares?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":30dkhj5g said:
Hawkpower":30dkhj5g said:
His choice in dress matches his maturity level. His actions (refusing to shake hands, refusing to credit opposing teams) matches his maturity level.

He doesnt need to wear a suit, but he is a mid 20's man dressing like he is 13.

Again, what we have here is an immature guy. Simple

No, he just doesn't dress like YOU want him to dress. He dresses like a lot of twenty-something black dudes, which he is one.

Sprfunk":30dkhj5g said:
Your right, he is not in a job interview, he is simply addressing millions of people as a front for an organization. He is the spokesman of the niners, the face of the franchise, or whatever else you want to call it. Bottom line is that his hat shielding his eyes shows things in his personality no spokesman should ever show, its a sign of weakness, not strength. I am not saying he is weak, but the image he is projecting to the world is weak, scared, intimidated, or immature. Not a good look man.

Please, he's not a PR representative, he's a football player. Don't confuse the two. There are reasons to criticize him (his not shaking hands with Cam or Russell Wilson counts), but picking on his dress is just silly. We get it, you don't like that style of dress/urban wear. Move on.

I guess I dress like a kid. Then again, I know when to put on my "Sunday best". I enjoy dressing up but a lot of the time I'll get comfortable in a sweatshirt and a snapback/fitted cap. Guess we all can't do the khakis and Birkenstocks.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3216i0yt said:
Hawkpower":3216i0yt said:

No, they don't. You're just making a stupid claim. Typical "judge a book by its cover" crap. I dressed like that when I was in my twenties and so did a bunch of other people that I went to college with, and we all got degrees, pay our taxes, vote, and do everything else a mature citizen does.

I don't have a problem with it, just telling you that your point is wrong and that harping on it makes you sound silly. Almost as silly as if you were harping on Pete Carroll for his dashing hoodie/sweatpants combo that he talks to reporters in all the time. Who cares?

Again, look at RW. This should be enough said but I will add:

Judge a book by its cover may indeed be "crap" but its also reality. You are judged, fairly or not, by how you present yourself.

Sometimes there are outliers, like it sounds like in your case. More often, there is a reason why a grown man is dressing like a 13 year old.

I am an administrator at a middle school here in Phoenix, and if I came to work dressed like my students, I would expect it would send a message about me that perhaps I dont want.

Reality.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Right, and at your job, you should wear a dress shirt and tie. I dress up for my job. But our jobs are not NFL player or NFL coach.

At Kaep's job, Sean John is okay. So is a hoodie. So are sweatpants. So are ball caps. IOW, your job =/= Kaepernick's.

Anyway, this is a fairly pointless exercise at this point, but judging Kaepernick by how he acts will tell you a hell of a lot more than judging him by how he dresses. We judge RW because he spends his Tuesdays at the Children's Hospital and every other day working hard at his job (I hope) and not because he wears a stupid little suit jacket.

And when it comes to judging someone by how they dress, that's the problem of the person doing the judging, not the problem of the person being judged.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3fjx3xpy said:
Right, and at your job, you should wear a dress shirt and tie. I dress up for my job. But our jobs are not NFL player or NFL coach.

At Kaep's job, Sean John is okay. So is a hoodie. So are sweatpants. So are ball caps. IOW, your job =/= Kaepernick's.

Anyway, this is a fairly pointless exercise at this point, but judging Kaepernick by how he acts will tell you a hell of a lot more than judging him by how he dresses. We judge RW because he spends his Tuesdays at the Children's Hospital and every other day working hard at his job (I hope) and not because he wears a stupid little suit jacket.

And when it comes to judging someone by how they dress, that's the problem of the person doing the judging, not the problem of the person being judged.

More to your point, this thread wouldnt exist if Kap was doing all the things RW was doing, no one would care what he wore to a PC.

But again, because he presents himself as a douche (unfortunate since it sounds like he is actually a nice guy) people are going to connect his immaturity to the way he presents himself in public. Fair or unfair

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Muahahahhaha

Colin Kaepernick is coping with a loss for the first time in seven weeks, and he’s doing so by creating a post-loss ritual. The 49ers’ third-year quarterback is acknowledging negative posts about him on Twitter for the first time since those consecutive defeats in September.

Kaepernick passed for just 91 yards and got sacked six times – his career-worst marks as a starter – in the 49ers’ 10-9 loss Sunday to the Carolina Panthers.

Rather than post comments himself in the ensuing 24 hours, he scoured his Twitter mentions for hateful comments as an apparent motivational tactic.

“I saw Kap becoming this from his Super Bowl performance … he couldn’t handle the pressure either,” posted @KEOSB3000.

“You are an overrated clown, keep killing your team’s chances dumb (expletive) lol,” wrote @Fishmancer.

“I say this CONSTANTLY ‘@FreeLaddin: Bro, you suck. Shoulda kept Alex Smith @Kaepernick7,’ ” tweeted (@WWCKD.

“TOO MUCH HYPE before he proved anything,” @KEOSB3000 tweeted in response to another post defending Kaepernick as “only” a third-year quarterback in his first starting season.

Polaris

Reaction score
I don't think you guys should use what Pete Caroll wears as an argument for why Kaep (or Wilson for that matter) should or shouldn't dress like. Unlike Players, for these interviews (and in general) there are strong NFL restrictions to what coaches can and can not wear. In particular, coaches are forbidden from wearing Landry-like suits.

In fact a few years ago, Coach Nolan had to get special dispensation to wear a suit and it was only for a game as I recall, and only for a very special occassion.

Exittium

Reaction score
Plain and simple and i keep seeing it, Yes when your talking to the media or the public, You are a representative of the team you are speaking on behalf of and play/work for. That is no different then if myself or fellow military members were in uniform, we are representing the branch of service we are in. If I go out there with my sh!! all jacked up, I just made myself and everyone else who serves around me look jacked up. Its a matter of maturity and pride. Wilson has tremendous pride for everything he does and it shows when he is representing the Seahawks organization. In this interview Kap looks like and sounds like some pouting college kid who just lost from Bowl game.

You don't dress up to impress anyone, you dress up to show how much pride you have for being part of a great organization and how much respect have for it and want it to receive.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He really needs some guidance here.

All this wasting time on Twitter looking for negative comments... is it motivational or is it a sign of caring too much about outside noise?

This was NOT Kaepernick at Nevada. Go and find the interview he did for the NFL Network in studio before the 2011 draft. He was laid back, relaxed, humble.

What are they doing in San Fran????

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I would be very disappointed if any of my three teenage boys dressed like that at something important. He shows no respect for the other teams or for himself.

Slick

Reaction score
I just think he's a douche. However, if he were on our team. He'd be our douche. IMHO.

Geologic

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with the clothes Kaepernick wears, but I do see the problem with Kaepernick's demeanor. He always blames himself instead of giving credit to the opposing defense. He didn't give credit to the Seahawk's defense and he did not give credit to Carolina's defense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":7c0f12s2 said:
This was NOT Kaepernick at Nevada. Go and find the interview he did for the NFL Network in studio before the 2011 draft. He was laid back, relaxed, humble.

He can't handle the big stage that is the NFL, don't blame the 49ers, even though I like blaming them for anything and everything.

Smelly McUgly":7c0f12s2 said:
He's not showing up for a job interview. He has a job. It's mostly playing a kid's game, and for about fifteen minutes each week after that, it's about talking to the media about playing a kid's game.

He doesn't need to put on a suit for that.
Ridiculous. If you really view it this way, I think you'd be one of those guys that mentally breaks down and drops out of the NFL rather quickly, if you were a player that got drafted into the NFL. I'm not trying to be a dick, but to sum it up like you just did there...Wow.

Geologic

Reaction score
Sprfunk":38rvg629 said:
Smelly McUgly":38rvg629 said:
Picking on Kaepernick's clothing is a garbage argument.

I have no problem with his wardrobe, but there are situations that require a change in your attire. Would you wear that to a job interview or when addressing the public about a product. You dress according to the product your selling, so the question is what is he selling? Its just not a good look when addressing the nation. If someone showed up to my business for a job interveiw dressed like that I would send them out the door they walked in.
But what do I know?
But he is not going in for a job interview. He's answering questions to reporters. You guys are starting to sound like that guy who wrote an article about how Kaepernick isn't a great role model to kids due to his tattoos.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... ract-draft

Let's just say the article had a lot of racist undertones to it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Geologic, the tat thing is just dumb. However, not acting like a professional when you are a role model for countless thousands of kids is completely different; and yes, how you LOOK is a considerable part of that.

If you are the face of your franchise, (as is the case with every team that has a decent QB) there are realities you must accept about the image you portray to your fans. Why do you think the player contract also has requirements about media appearances and things like that?

Come on, now. Let's be realistic.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ltbirsk said:
Smelly McUgly":1ltbirsk said:
He's not showing up for a job interview. He has a job. It's mostly playing a kid's game, and for about fifteen minutes each week after that, it's about talking to the media about playing a kid's game.

He doesn't need to put on a suit for that.
Ridiculous. If you really view it this way, I think you'd be one of those guys that mentally breaks down and drops out of the NFL rather quickly, if you were a player that got drafted into the NFL. I'm not trying to be a dick, but to sum it up like you just did there...Wow.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but keep your perspective. We get fired up about these games too in the moment just as fans, but step back and have some perspective for once, and you'll see that it is what it is = a billion dollar entertainment industry. Not a boardroom meeting, not a classroom, but an entertainment job where for only a sliver of it, he answers questions about throwing a football.

I know you like to be judgmental of people on the internet because it makes you feel good about yourself, but we don't know these guys and you can only be so judgmental before you sound like a fool. Keep that in mind.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2whltohj said:
He really needs some guidance here.

All this wasting time on Twitter looking for negative comments... is it motivational or is it a sign of caring too much about outside noise?

It's not motivational IMO. That's a false front he's putting up. One only needs to look at RW to see how you motivate yourself. You block out all the negative and focus on yourself, your team. Retweeting idiots, no matter how much he says it doesn't affect him, you know it does. He needs some positivity in his life.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":g2b5bc7i said:
I'm not trying to be a dick, but keep your perspective. We get fired up about these games too in the moment just as fans, but step back and have some perspective for once, and you'll see that it is what it is = a billion dollar entertainment industry. Not a boardroom meeting, not a classroom, but an entertainment job where for only a sliver of it, he answers questions about throwing a football.

I know you like to be judgmental of people on the internet because it makes you feel good about yourself, but we don't know these guys and you can only be so judgmental before you sound like a fool. Keep that in mind.

You basically proved my point. Billions of dollars at stake and you think image doesn't matter. That is ridiculous. Keep bein' mad, bro.

Latest posts