OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3gzan3uc said:
BleedGreenNblue":3gzan3uc said:
It was a thing of beauty. At first i thought it was going out of bounds

Funny, at first I thought he was throwing it away as well. Then I saw it coming back down, in bounds and I saw Rice out there and starting screaming like a madman.

I think it was because he didn't square his shoulders and look like he was aiming the ball. he looked like he was just flicking it out there. The accuracy for that throwing motion is pretty incredible.

Heh :D My first reaction was annoyance because I thought he was throwing one up for grabs (sort of like Hasselbeck in the 2005 playoffs against the Redskins). I wasn't expecting the ball to travel that far or hit Rice in stride in the end zone. That's what I get for doubting Wilson.

kornd4wg93

Reaction score
Amazing throw. Any questions about RWs arm strength were to put to rest last year with some of those deep outs from the opposite hash.

OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
kornd4wg93":3gglr025 said:
Amazing throw. Any questions about RWs arm strength were to put to rest last year with some of those deep outs from the opposite hash.
I agree. The deep out from the opposite hash seems to be the test for an NFL quality arm and Wilson has made several of those. But this pass was special. The only other QB I can think of with the athleticism, mobility, vision and arm strength necessary to make that play is Andrew Luck. Maybe RG3. Maybe Kaepernick, but I don't think he would have seen Rice.

By the way, Joe Montana couldn't throw the deep out from the opposite hash and he did okay. :)

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1oqpiq37 said:
Tech Worlds":1oqpiq37 said:
He won't be back next year at his current contract. Love the play, like what he can do, but it's economics
God I wish I had your inside track on the way the front office HAS to think about their economics, and their contracted agreements with the players that they signed with.
Will Rice redo his contract?, I think he probably will, but who knows.
There almost seems to be a resentment aimed at Rice for signing the agreement made by JS & Rice's Agent.
What the hell gives people??

He's right, I love Sidney Rice but he's not going to be back at his current contract. That's not being negative -- it doesn't make sense to pay a guy that kind of money when he's not that big of a part of offense. I'm not one of those people saying Kearse should play over Sidney but in terms of value and bang for buck...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Amazing throw and just shows hes not far off from correcting the gimmes he will sometimes miss (see Rice and Tate vs. Indy)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plus, he put some good air under it, which he didn't do on that one to Tate vs. the Colts.
Strong arm, but a soft touch too.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":130esm7f said:
And the way the ball zips and sails off Russell's hand... it almost looks unnatural. Like a video game pass or something. Amazing.
I think the most underrated aspect of throwing a football is spin.
[youtube]H5TNkGC4p3Q[/youtube]
I think Wilson's large hands help him get that extra spin on the ball to give it that "zip."

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
BlueTalons":149z0o74 said:
HawkAroundTheClock":149z0o74 said:
And the way the ball zips and sails off Russell's hand... it almost looks unnatural. Like a video game pass or something. Amazing.
I think the most underrated aspect of throwing a football is spin.
[youtube]H5TNkGC4p3Q[/youtube]
I think Wilson's large hands help him get that extra spin on the ball to give it that "zip."
Football may have been invented at Yale, but the forward pass came from the streets!

Latest posts