Marshawn is concerned with Wilson's mental health.

toffee

Reaction score
I like to think Marshawn and Sherm know Wilson well, same locker room for years and all, and they came to realize that Wilson is "one of them heady guys" and he may have gone "off the deep end". Wilson's plays on the field has been declining at an alarming pace, some might be physical decline but most may be between the ears.
“Because the backlash that bro just got — and I know he’s one of them heady guys, so like I just wanna tap in with him and make sure dog solid.”

Sherman pointed out that Wilson bringing home $245 million over the course of his career turns the pressure up exponentially, but Lynch still thinks the backlash Wilson has gotten for his play on the Broncos has gone “off the deep end,” and he worries about his mental health.

According to Sports Illustrated, Wilson discussed Lynch last Friday, while taking the podium to shed light on his strategy with the Broncos moving forward, and he had nothing but kind words about his former teammate.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He's developed a serious superiority complex. The fact that his old teammates, the ones that played a huge role in his early success, have to go through his manager to get to him...says a lot.
Russ is a complex person with gigantic insecurities and responding facade. Marshawn and Sherm knew that, and rightfully worried about Wilson's mental health. He is not someone who could handle current situation.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
He’s just a weird dude. Takes a shower at halftime of the Super Bowl to look good for the second half cameras. Dude just needs to let his guard down and try to be vulnerable at times and more human. His game was mobility and playing within the system. Now he just flat out sucks due to a lack of mobility. He suddenly thinks he’s Aaron Rodgers and can operate the offense the same way lol 😂

BlueTalon

Reaction score
He was sheltered in Seattle in ways beyond his comprehension. He had a coach who tailored the offense to suit him, and he had a Seahawk fanbase that mostly loved him, and those who didn't still tolerated him. He never got booed here. Somewhere along the line, he started believing he was more/better than he really is. That eventually led him to forcing his way out of Seattle and going to Denver where they paid him handsomely.

All was going well until his first game back in Seattle, where he got booed. Loudly. I don't think he was ready for that, but I think he was able to blow it off. But the next weekend, he got booed by the Broncos fans, and I think that shook him. Between the boos and the play clock countdowns, I think that was the first time he really considered that he might have seriously miscalculated.

He has surrounded himself with yes-men, and I think mentally that's where he wants to live. But the ugly contradicting reality is shipping away at his psyche, and he can't ignore it. So yeah, I think his mental health is a legitimate concern for those who know him.