Wilson was amazing on some plays but he admits he lost game.

RCATES

Reaction score
This #1 rated Offense scored 7 points in the last 3.5 quarters including OT where they had the ball twice. 7pts. Offense fell off a cliff after the 1st quarter. RW is 100% as guilty as the D in this loss.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What do you expect on D when the cap doesn't allow us to get all-pros on the D-line ?
You saw Clark go in part to pay Russ and you saw Clowney not resigned because that is
too much capital for one player,yes they got Diggs,Dunbar and Adams with that savings
which I really like but they went with youth for DL and dammit they can't be healthy fast
enough.As Sarge said there is no money to just get a great player for the DL now.
A lot of you think pass happy is the way to go,sure it's fun till it's not..There is more risks
for game changing turnovers and not to mention a defense that gets tired very fast so
this Russ Cook stuff has to be on point or it's a loss.
Personally I don't think the Cards are that good but we sure made them look good with
those turnovers and not staying with what was working for the D in first half.
I hate when we get a nice lead and start playing soft zone grrr.

Torc

Reaction score
Before the first interception, the announcers were talking about how he'd gotten up slowly after being hit, I think I remember them saying that he had been hit in the head but I'm not positive. It wouldn't shock me if he got his bell rung and that contributed to the interception. DK's play was amazing and if they'd won we'd be talking about that being the play that won it.

Wilson and Metcalf were definitely not on the same page on the second interception, but we'll never hear from Russ which one of them misread it.

As has been mentioned, Wilson is not going to throw anyone under the bus, ever. He owns it, takes the blame on himself, and I don't doubt that he goes into meetings tomorrow with a good idea of how he wants to improve his own play and that of his receivers. Thank goodness we have that kind of leader instead of the kind that is always blaming his line, the refs, the playcalling or his receivers. (I won't mention Aaron Rodgers name here.)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Torc":14dz4k0r said:
Before the first interception, the announcers were talking about how he'd gotten up slowly after being hit, I think I remember them saying that he had been hit in the head but I'm not positive. It wouldn't shock me if he got his bell rung and that contributed to the interception. DK's play was amazing and if they'd won we'd be talking about that being the play that won it.

Wilson and Metcalf were definitely not on the same page on the second interception, but we'll never hear from Russ which one of them misread it.

As has been mentioned, Wilson is not going to throw anyone under the bus, ever. He owns it, takes the blame on himself, and I don't doubt that he goes into meetings tomorrow with a good idea of how he wants to improve his own play and that of his receivers. Thank goodness we have that kind of leader instead of the kind that is always blaming his line, the refs, the playcalling or his receivers. (I won't mention Aaron Rodgers name here.)

Yeah, Russell got HIT this game like I haven't seen happen in a LONG time. Credit to Vance Joseph for scheming up the pressure. Basically AZ DC Vance Joseph won this game for the Cards by hitting and pressuring and rattling Russell. Many of us, myself included, have in the past, groaned at seeing Travis Homer in the game. Now we truly know why Homer is in there, and see how much we missed him. With Homer in the game, we win. Two sacks that don't happen, two huge hits on Russell that don't happen.

Probably this loss is what Pete and Russell and Schotty and the team needed to Wake-T-F-Up. It was our mistakes and gifts that served the game up on a platter to AZ, and to their credit, a very good Cards team accepted the gifts and capitalized on enough of them to win.

DJ Dallas got a big-time lesson in blitz pickup. How fast a learner is he?

Why weren't we using Greg Olsen much in the passing game? Why do we run 3 straight times with the game on the line?

If Carson doesn't get injured, we win. Just so many woulda-coulda-shouldas. Kudos to AZ for playing their hearts out and playing one play better than us on that night.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Just so you Debbie Downers realize we are 5-1 and the highest scoring offense. Russell had a bad game with 71% completion, over 400 total yards, 3 td and yes 3 int.
He still leading mvp race.
Second on that list is Rodgers who in the previous week threw for 160 yards, 45% completion, 0 td and 2 int. In a loss as well.
Mahomes also had a stinker game as well.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
That play in overtime where he immediately threw the ball after taking the snap seemed uncharacteristic of him and our offense.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2eou76dh said:
Not on Wilson, it was game mgmt.

That was another failure but Wilson's picks were devastating even if they didn't correlate directly into points. The second one was clearly a mixup between he and DK, and I would never expect RW to comet and say it was DK's fault. The first and third though were just terrible throws. If he throws to CC to the outside then it's a TD, but he floated it inside (in the exact same spot as the XLIX pick) and it was easy pickings. Yes we scored on the ensuing drive after the D stuffed them, but that same scenario could easily play out with the Hawks scoring, the D getting a stop and then the O scoring again. The third one was even worse decision and placement, stopped us from getting into FG range and gave the Cards the ball to march against a tired D into range themselves.

There were a lot of moments that accumulated that maybe without one of them, we win. But no player caused more "harm" to the effort than Wilson. It happens. Even gods have bad days, and I'm pretty confident he won't take it lightly nor stop trying to make up for it for the rest of the season.