Wilson sack before half

madbohem

Reaction score
It wouldn't have been intentional grounding. Considering the time frame of the game, the last two minutes of the half, the rules allow for spiking the ball.

I think clock management in general, and two minute drills, are going to be a big focus for this team this off season. Let's face it, this team had a lot going on this past off season and in season to be so highly focused on everything that goes into performing at a high level in all areas. There were short cuts taken because, at the time, Pete and his staff had some serious questions they needed to answer.

That's why the good news this off season, next training camp, is that the Seahawks are seriously beyond satisfied with Wilson as the QB. We all are. More good news. Russell Wilson will be also heading into next season, for the first time in his life, a one sport athlete. Think about that guys, because he is this good as a rookie with all the adversity to get the job, up to this year he was splitting reps in his own career goals, with baseball, right along with an education.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":13qn071n said:
Missing_Clink":13qn071n said:
Also, Wilson has to know to throw it away there. He needed to do absolutely anything to not take a sack. Even intentional grounding would have been ok. There would still be time after the ten second runoff, and a ten yard penalty still gives you a chance for a very make-able field goal.

Its easy to say when watching the video but that Falcon player was on Russell within 2 seconds. I don't care how lighting quick someone is they're not gonna be able to get that ball off in 2 seconds. No way.

Exactly, and the end result could have easily been intentional grounding instead of a sack.

mikeak

Reaction score
Isn't it 10 second runoff and clock keeps running once ball is spotted? possible but really hard to get a kicking team out there

spiking is not an option when you run a play where the qb is getting sacked. you will get intentional ground all day on that

the line didn't hold which was horrible another split second and all the things come into play including throwing away the ball. It didn't happen coaches should have expected it to happen (which they did) and RW can't get rid of the ball

sucks but you know what looking at it a few times and I just don't see anything on the execution or play calling side that should have been different. The game was lost because of the number of opportunities screwed up in the first half........

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
madbohem":3043r2g8 said:
It wouldn't have been intentional grounding. Considering the time frame of the game, the last two minutes of the half, the rules allow for spiking the ball.

I think clock management in general, and two minute drills, are going to be a big focus for this team this off season. Let's face it, this team had a lot going on this past off season and in season to be so highly focused on everything that goes into performing at a high level in all areas. There were short cuts taken because, at the time, Pete and his staff had some serious questions they needed to answer.

That's why the good news this off season, next training camp, is that the Seahawks are seriously beyond satisfied with Wilson as the QB. We all are. More good news. Russell Wilson will be also heading into next season, for the first time in his life, a one sport athlete. Think about that guys, because he is this good as a rookie with all the adversity to get the job, up to this year he was splitting reps in his own career goals, with baseball, right along with an education.

You can only take one step back then spike the ball for it to be spiking to stop the clock. Once you take more than one step it would be intentional grounding.

madbohem

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":3gnqawx8 said:
madbohem":3gnqawx8 said:

You can only take one step back then spike the ball for it to be spiking to stop the clock. Once you take more than one step it would be intentional grounding.

True. But maybe I should say that I would have hoped they would have come out to spike the ball.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I think the blown 4th and 1 play was worse than this. Next time, 3rd and 1 ... just let your QB get 1 yard.