Wilson has signed a deal with seattle seahawks!!!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
gabel":1w66ozab said:
It is my opinion that with only 14 career 300 yard games that Wilson is not a top terr QB.

That's a terrible metric for a QB.

gabel":1w66ozab said:
I don't think he plays well in big games

That's exactly what he does, all the time.

RCATES

Reaction score
Now getting payed like the best player in football. Lets see if he comes through and looks like the best player in the NFL next season. :roll:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I confess, that posting this article might be a case of confirmation bias for the way I feel about this deal

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/4/17 ... -contracts

Good comment by John Clayton regarding the fear this hamstrings the team in the future saying that the Packers after doing Rodgers's deal in the same neighbourhood went out and spent $29M pass rushers. They were pretty aggressive in free agency this year

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":3ql980bp said:
Now getting payed like the best player in football. Lets see if he comes through and looks like the best player in the NFL next season. :roll:

Ohh he won't!! You will do as usual and focus on his negative plays and completely ignore his successes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I picture a 5 year old with his arms folded saying that Russ is a poopy head :?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

RCATES

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":373ve9dh said:
Even if he does, you'll basically say it's because of everyone else. :roll:

I'm not worried about it because we all know he isn't that player. He needs a ton of help. He's a good QB with major flaws in the pocket. The pressure will be on him to improve in that area this year. Because of this contract this team will be very limited going forward. If Hawks don't win many will blame the overpaying of Wilson. Book it.

RCATES

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":370icmq2 said:
Do you ever get tired of being so wrong? Because you rock at it.

Says the guy who hides behing his KB and talks shit on a silly football forum. You practically live here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's cute. Enjoy the next 5 years of Russ under center. I'm sure it hurts. It's a message board, you take this crap way too serious.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
gabel":24gqw3ev said:
I am not a "hater" but I do not think signing Wilson to the richest deal in NFL history is not a wise move. It is my opinion that with only 14 career 300 yard games that Wilson is not a top terr QB. I don't think he plays well in big games and I think he is a streaky player.

I think you don't really understand football with this statement.

Not only does he play well in big games, he plays well at the end of big games when it matters most. He's had a couple clunkers where he sucked in the first half (2012 at ATL, 2015 at CAR and 2014 against GB) but he finished strong in those games and won one.

Wilson is worth 3 wins a season over an average QB. You have to pay those guys big money. Carroll is probably only worth 2-3 wins a season over an average coach and many consider him the second best coach in the league.

Our 2017 roster should have won maybe 5 games at most given the lack of running game, terrible OL play, serious injuries to most of the defense. Wilson and Carroll got us 9 wins and almost 10.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Most wins of any QB in history over his first 7 years.
Take a look at his playoff wins, his 4th quarter and OT wins, comebacks, his 4th Quarter QBR etc.
It's right up there with any QB in the history of the game.
He doesn't play will in big games? Huh? He plays BETTER when the game is on the line.

gabel

Reaction score
I think you don't really understand football with this statement.

Not only does he play well in big games, he plays well at the end of big games when it matters most. He's had a couple clunkers where he sucked in the first half (2012 at ATL, 2015 at CAR and 2014 against GB) but he finished strong in those games and won one.

Sorry to have a different opinion but I actually I do think I understand football. When a QB throws 4 interceptions in a game like he did against GB that is not a good game. When a quarter back throws a pick 6 and another interception in the first half he has already doomed his team, finishing strong when the game has already been decided doesn't matter. Please review his playoff stats there not that good. I recently re-watched class San Francisco/Seattle playoff game and was amazed at how poorly he played. Thank god Kaepernick was much worse.

I agree that usually Wilson does finish games off well when the other teams defense is tired. But he usually has dreadful starts to games. Statistically he is usually ranked the 10th best QB in the league yet he is the highest paid.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bgpshks said:
Most wins of any QB in history over his first 7 years.
Take a look at his playoff wins, his 4th quarter and OT wins, comebacks, his 4th Quarter QBR etc.
It's right up there with any QB in the history of the game.
He doesn't play will in big games? Huh? He plays BETTER when the game is on the line.

to some, he will always that too short game manager.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":3qo1sdzs said:
SoulfishHawk":3qo1sdzs said:
Do you ever get tired of being so wrong? Because you rock at it.

Says the guy who hides behing his KB and talks shit on a silly football forum. You practically live here.

Personally I'd rather "live" here then be crucified on every visit. :snack:

Jville

Reaction score
1090325024.jpg.0.jpg

If your quarterback appears to be franchise-caliber, you must pay him. This is the modus operandi of the NFL as every front office subscribes to this line of thought. Extending Russell Wilson, the most important player on the Seattle Seahawks, had to happen.

John Schneider did it in an intelligent manner too. For the next three years, the contract fits what Seattle is trying to do. This year a few additions are needed, but the Seahawks should be able to make a serious push for the ultimate goal of a Lombardi Trophy. By the time the salary cap hit gets more severe, the cap should have risen exponentially and—as is the nature of QB deals—many more passers will be on much higher deals.

Reading past interpersonal animosity and returning to the actual subject/topic, there is an excellent collection of "on topic" information in this linked article >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/4/17/18412169/russell-wilson-seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-cap-analysis-percentage-quarterback-nfl-nfc-west[/urltargetblank] ..... Enjoy, it could serve as a good reference for fueling considerable discussion :biggthumpup: