Wilson being passive-aggressive holding ELITE Seahawks back?

toffee

Reaction score
Is Russell Wilson being passive-aggressive holding ELITE Seahawks back?! According to Top Billin', he apparently is. Do you agree with this youtuber?
[youtube]JO2z9kDabeE[/youtube]

sutz

Reaction score
Love Top Billin' but he should stick to the X's and O's and skip the psychoanalysis. :mrgreen:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Probably, but Murphy’s not wrong to point out the obvious.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
When I watched this video, two names kept flashing: Angry Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate. One thanked TJax upon retirement, and the other named Stafford as best QB he played with. These two directly benefitted from out-of-this-world throws from our HOF QB.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
toffee":qkv7gwvh said:
When I watched this video, two names kept flashing: Angry Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate. One thanked TJax upon retirement, and the other named Stafford as best QB he played with. These two directly benefitted from out-of-this-world throws from our HOF QB.

Both ADB and Golden are jealous of the attention Russell gets (just my opinion). I believe they have been from day one. Without Russ they wouldn't have even sniffed a playoff game. If ADB truly believes TJax is better, I'm thankful he's not in a position to make any personnel decisions for the Seahawks. ADB didn't mention Pete Carroll in his retirement letter either - https://sports.mynorthwest.com/642740/doug-baldwin-retirement-letter-missing-something/.

Stafford was the #1 overall pick in the 2009 draft. One would logically assume he was a better QB than a 3rd round QB. That doesn't take away what RW has done since coming into the NFL. It just makes Stafford seem to be an underachiever thus far. He's lucky he landed on a loaded Rams team or he'd still be watching the SB like most people instead of playing in it.

keasley45

Reaction score
hawkfan68":jj5go5pv said:
toffee":jj5go5pv said:

Both ADB and Golden are jealous of the attention Russell gets (just my opinion). I believe they have been from day one. Without Russ they wouldn't have even sniffed a playoff game. If ADB truly believes TJax is better, I'm thankful he's not in a position to make any personnel decisions for the Seahawks. ADB didn't mention Pete Carroll in his retirement letter either - https://sports.mynorthwest.com/642740/doug-baldwin-retirement-letter-missing-something/.

Stafford was the #1 overall pick in the 2009 draft. One would logically assume he was a better QB than a 3rd round QB. That doesn't take away what RW has done since coming into the NFL. It just makes Stafford seem to be an underachiever thus far. He's lucky he landed on a loaded Rams team or he'd still be watching the SB like most people instead of playing in it.

I dont think it's jealousy (my opinion) . I can tell you regardless of thr level of play, when you study, train and practice for years to perfect your craft and as a wr, beat your guy and it doesn't matter because the ball, for whatever reason, isn't getting to you, it gets incredibly frustrating. Players deal with that frustration differently. ADB internalized it and for the most part channeled it positively, if at times in the form of tough love. Tate was similar to DK but more mature in his reaction.

It's even more frustrating when YOU and your teammates know the cause of a play going from one that was executed well and should have worked, but then turns into a scramble drill and big completion... but the guy who might have been partly to blame for the breakdown, gets all the praise and credit for being all world and saving the team.

The cries of lack of accountability aren't just random fits of jealousy. To ignore them when they've come from teammates on both sides of the ball, and have been lobbed at Pete's feet.

ADB was arguably top 3 all time as a Hawk in his football iq and technical route running, to say nothing for his hands. I don't disagree at all that for as many times as he likely won on plays and git thr ball only on an inprovised play rather than in the flow, he'd have been far more acknowledged for his skill hadbhe played with someone like Luck.

And Russ absilutley had to scramble at times to survive. No doubt. But his wrs and teammates know when it was necessary and when it wasn't. And when you listen to their critique, it's not nearly as glowing an endorsement ad what the Sunday telecast and media portray. That's just truth.

That, and the last two years have been telling.

massari

Reaction score
toffee":12ojgvmt said:
Jackson was Baldwin's first QB in his rookie season, and he also never mentioned Pete Carroll, instead thanked Darrell Bevell.

I saw an interview where Tate was pretty bitter about Wilson not squashing the rumors about Wilson's ex wife cheating on him with Tate. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with openly saying that about Stafford.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If Top Billin's "passive aggressive" claim was part of Wilson's personality, a big IF, it could explain the lack of teammate supports and friendship.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":1tdkwxfb said:
If Top Billin's "passive aggressive" claim was part of Wilson's personality, a big IF, it could explain the lack of teammate supports and friendship.

Except he has teammate friendship and support just not all. Example Brown, Adams, Graham. For every bitter players or trade there is kne who is not. There is not one QB universally liked by all his teammates. Even lord Brady and Rodgers.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
keasley45":2lq0nmrj said:
hawkfan68":2lq0nmrj said:
toffee":2lq0nmrj said:

I dont think it's jealousy (my opinion) . I can tell you regardless of thr level of play, when you study, train and practice for years to perfect your craft and as a wr, beat your guy and it doesn't matter because the ball, for whatever reason, isn't getting to you, it gets incredibly frustrating. Players deal with that frustration differently. ADB internalized it and for the most part channeled it positively, if at times in the form of tough love. Tate was similar to DK but more mature in his reaction.

It's even more frustrating when YOU and your teammates know the cause of a play going from one that was executed well and should have worked, but then turns into a scramble drill and big completion... but the guy who might have been partly to blame for the breakdown, gets all the praise and credit for being all world and saving the team.

The cries of lack of accountability aren't just random fits of jealousy. To ignore them when they've come from teammates on both sides of the ball, and have been lobbed at Pete's feet.

ADB was arguably top 3 all time as a Hawk in his football iq and technical route running, to say nothing for his hands. I don't disagree at all that for as many times as he likely won on plays and git thr ball only on an inprovised play rather than in the flow, he'd have been far more acknowledged for his skill hadbhe played with someone like Luck.

And Russ absilutley had to scramble at times to survive. No doubt. But his wrs and teammates know when it was necessary and when it wasn't. And when you listen to their critique, it's not nearly as glowing an endorsement ad what the Sunday telecast and media portray. That's just truth.

That, and the last two years have been telling.

Percy Harvin also said that ADB and Golden Tate were bitter toward him too. https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/percy-harvin-former-seahawks-teammates-acted-like-kids. Harvin was no saint but this does make sense with attitudes that ADB and Tate project. I don't for one second believe Baldwin's comments about RW have to do with RW's struggles on the field or lack of improvement of play. I believe he had a personal issue with RW after SB49 and held a grudge since then.

Based on this article, TJack struggled with the same issues that you claim Russell does - https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/2/7/2757554/not-a-defense-for-tarvaris-jackson.

"Struggles to read coverages and does not have great anticipation for the receivers coming out of their breaks (will force the ball and try to overpower it, making it tough for the receiver to adjust. The receiver is then in poor position to gain yardage after the catch)".

The difference maybe because when TJack was the starter, the Seahawks finished 7-9. When Russ came in, the Seahawks finished with 11,13, and 12 wins his first few seasons. Plus, being in the SB in 2 of those seasons.

Until this season, Russell led Seahawk teams had a winning record each year. This season he was out for handful of games due to his finger injury or it would be quite possible they would have had a winning record this season too. The last 6 games he finished 4-2, he was playing much better late in the season once he recovered from his injury. Can he improve? Absolutely. Not being held accountable is not a RW problem. It's a coaching or management issue. Was Pete holding Michael Bennett accountable when he kept getting offside penalties on a consistent basis while he was with the Seahawks?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":2669xvj2 said:
Sometimes it’s not always about football.

Maybe T-Jack and Matt Stafford were just better relationships than Wilson was.

It’s no secret Wilson doesn’t have great relationships with a lot of teammates for whatever reasons.

And it’s hard to deny Wilson indeed has some hiccups with some teammates.

Maybe Wilson just isn’t as an easy going, you can easily talk to teammate like others are.

Nothing wrong with that but Wilson doesn’t need to be held up on a pedestal on everything.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
All I know is RW Hanging out with Roger goddell was probably a good way to lose the trust of your entire locker room.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":196pseyf said:
All I know is RW Hanging out with Roger goddell was probably a good way to lose the trust of your entire locker room.

I'm pretty sure Russ's teammates are cool with him accepting an invite from the commissioner to sit with him at the SB because Wilson won the Bart Starr award.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And players have been sitting next to the guy for several years. Big f'in deal.
Losing the trust of an entire locker room? Oh brother :roll:

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2rsff4ov said:

Two superbowls in two years, Goddell sat humbly next to our GOAT, pathing way for Wilson to own a NFL franchises.

Elemas

Reaction score
Tates a punk and has always been a punk. Nice to see Ramsey treat him with total disrespect on that quick out awhile back.

Love Doug Baldwin. His story is fascinating. But, cmon…dudes nickname is “Angry Doug”. Awesome player but definitely a hot-head. Loved his production though.

There’s going to be animosity on any team…

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The star QB getting preferential treatment is a tale as old as time.

Maybe 10 years ago guys like Doug and Sherm had a point, because Russell hadn't really earned it. But now? C'mon man, dude's been carrying this team on his back for 6-7 years now.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":7ex5pjkf said:

How so? He accepted an invite and sat with him last year. I don't get this at all

rcaido

Reaction score
Lets be real. The only reason this guy has a problem and most other african-american haters is that Wilson is not black enough...That and he married Ciara.

I have always agreed with what Barkley said about Wilson not being black enough.

“We as black people are never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you are black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people,” Barkley said in a CBS Philly radio interview on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis.”

Barkley wasn’t finished.

“For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. It’s a dirty, dark secret in the black community.