Wilson and Carson to IR

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-place-russell-wilson-chris-carson-on-injured-reserve-tre-brown-ethan-po[/urltargetblank]

Not a surprise move, just a surprise it took them this long.

Edit: Article updated as Carson was also added to Injured Reserve

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This likely argues in favour of Wilson being out for more than 3 games, and is likely based upon updated medical information.

LTH

Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure Carroll is going to keep it in the closet as long as possible

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
Let's see Geno kill it. Then we can get out from under Russ' suffocating salary after the season, and trade him for assets to build up the rest of what was torn down.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":32cq04nc said:
Let's see Geno kill it. Then we can get out from under Russ' suffocating salary after the season, and trade him for assets to build up the rest of what was torn down.

I totally agree. Let's go full Jimmy G/Matt Flynn. We absolutely need to trade Russ.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ce7rn6s said:
This likely argues in favour of Wilson being out for more than 3 games, and is likely based upon updated medical information.

I always thought the injury was a 6 week type injury with 4 weeks being on the short end of returning. I didn't think there was ever a chance for it to heal up in less than three weeks; was there?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
This is Pete’s time to shine. If Pete is more responsible for the teams success than RW he can show it by being successful while RW is out. Most of us think RW bails out PC all the time and it’s mostly PC that is holding the team back.

flv

Reaction score
I hope he recovers, fully and quickly.

Lawke

Reaction score
Scorpion05":30m97qbg said:
Rat":30m97qbg said:

I totally agree. Let's go full Jimmy G/Matt Flynn. We absolutely need to trade Russ.

I get the mentality of wanting to trade russ, but im curious, maybe one of you guys can help me out since i figured itd make for decent conversation rather than just insults that seem to be the go to here these days. If russ is over rated as many people across social media seem to think (or at the very least, no longer worth his salary which is a fair argument for most QBs) , why do people then assume that theyll get a boat load for Russ? There arent many teams out there atm who are a QB away from competing AND have the kinda assets you seem to assume russ will go for, and not only that, depending on how the packers season goes, rodgers could also be available as well, which would further drive down his price.

As for getting out of his salary, wont the seahawks at the very least incur a dead cap hit for the following season and possibly another after that? On top of that, jamals insane extension kicks in next year no? Thats another huge chunk of salary cap that would eat into any sort of cap relief you get from trading russ. And if geno kills it to the point where he makes russ expendable, then he wont be cheap either. Just look at the middling vet QBs and how much they get, anywhere from 10-20m a year. Between a vet QB, jamals extension and any dead hit from russ idk how much if any cap relief youll get for the near future, at least if you want to compete.

Now, if youre suggesting trading russ in order to blow things up and rebuild, then sure i can see that and it makes a ton of sense, the seahawks have been incredibly successful in the regular season, but not the playoffs so wanting change in an attempt to change that is sensible, but would also depend on if Pete would want to make that kind of gamble.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think Russ wants out. Just by what was said and what wasn’t. Also I get the feeling he blames Pete and John for him not winning multiple SB’s. So unless the Seahawks are ready to give him 50plus a year then should blow it all up and see what happens.

I k ow it would suck at first. But I think Pete and John work better when they are under the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Lawke":13lad0rt said:
Scorpion05":13lad0rt said:
Rat":13lad0rt said:

I get the mentality of wanting to trade russ, but im curious, maybe one of you guys can help me out since i figured itd make for decent conversation rather than just insults that seem to be the go to here these days. If russ is over rated as many people across social media seem to think (or at the very least, no longer worth his salary which is a fair argument for most QBs) , why do people then assume that theyll get a boat load for Russ? There arent many teams out there atm who are a QB away from competing AND have the kinda assets you seem to assume russ will go for, and not only that, depending on how the packers season goes, rodgers could also be available as well, which would further drive down his price.

As for getting out of his salary, wont the seahawks at the very least incur a dead cap hit for the following season and possibly another after that? On top of that, jamals insane extension kicks in next year no? Thats another huge chunk of salary cap that would eat into any sort of cap relief you get from trading russ. And if geno kills it to the point where he makes russ expendable, then he wont be cheap either. Just look at the middling vet QBs and how much they get, anywhere from 10-20m a year. Between a vet QB, jamals extension and any dead hit from russ idk how much if any cap relief youll get for the near future, at least if you want to compete.

Now, if youre suggesting trading russ in order to blow things up and rebuild, then sure i can see that and it makes a ton of sense, the seahawks have been incredibly successful in the regular season, but not the playoffs so wanting change in an attempt to change that is sensible, but would also depend on if Pete would want to make that kind of gamble.

I want Russ to be a Seahawk for life. But I’ve also been arguing about Russ’ worth to this team since 2012. It’s time.

Some things are what they are. I’m not afraid of Russ being replaced, because it’s not about my opinion, it’s about reality. If I’m right about Russ’ greatness, it won’t matter what Russ critics think. He will thrive elsewhere and we, unfortunately will be at the bottom of the division for the next 5-10 years with Stafford, Murray, and a mature Lance in the division.

Msfann

Reaction score
Carson has a ton of skill but he sure gets hurt a lot.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
After the season is over or effectively over I’d love to have a thread on the theoretical approach of simply drafting a first round QB every 3-4 years and never having such a highly paid QB and strengthening the rest of the team with the money. But that’s for a different time.

LTH

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Carson is hurt I was expecting a good season from him although Collins is a good back and there is not much drop off at all. I fact I could see if Collins continues to produce and turns out to be more durable than Carson he could take Carsons job..

Lth

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Never wanted Carson back because he leaves games early or misses a few every year.
RW needed to go on IR(The Hero) was trying to practice while injured..They have to
protect him from himself.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2r3lxzl5 said:
This is Pete’s time to shine. If Pete is more responsible for the teams success than RW he can show it by being successful while RW is out. Most of us think RW bails out PC all the time and it’s mostly PC that is holding the team back.
It won't really tell us much of anything because the roster is still built around Russ's salary limitations. How the offense looks with Geno could tell us whether the issues are due to Russ or if the assumed Pete meddling is the culprit. No guarantee though