Wilson and Carson to IR

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":pkknig01 said:
RB is the least of there problems we have good depth there this year.

Well number 1 is down, number 2 still hasn't suited up so we are down to three, Four, and Five and it's only game six.

themunn

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1vfbrvxt said:
After the season is over or effectively over I’d love to have a thread on the theoretical approach of simply drafting a first round QB every 3-4 years and never having such a highly paid QB and strengthening the rest of the team with the money. But that’s for a different time.

The only rookie superbowl winning QBs I can think of in last however many years are Mahomes, Wilson and Roethlisberger - all 3 will end up in HoF so not sure that's the finest idea.

Could also count the Eagles but it was Foles that came in and won it...

Scorpion05

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":jrz2q9m9 said:
JayhawkMike":jrz2q9m9 said:
This is Pete’s time to shine. If Pete is more responsible for the teams success than RW he can show it by being successful while RW is out. Most of us think RW bails out PC all the time and it’s mostly PC that is holding the team back.
It won't really tell us much of anything because the roster is still built around Russ's salary limitations. How the offense looks with Geno could tell us whether the issues are due to Russ or if the assumed Pete meddling is the culprit. No guarantee though

It will tell us that signing an injury prone RB, giving up two first rounders for a struggling safety, drafting Collier and Penny, potentially paying an over the hill Bobby Wagner, whiffing on McDowell, and other non-Russ moves is all on Pete. Who's had most of the control since Paul Allen died. RW is the life preserver for all of Pete's questionable drafting/free agency skills.

Oh and did I mention that we used our supposed lack of cap space to sign that struggling safety to a long term extension, with no way out?

The obvious is right in front of us and goes deeper than a HOF QB's contract. The Seahawks have cap space, and have had plenty to work with. Giving Pete more cap space to make even more dumb decisions says nothing about Russ' contract. The dumb decisions are there for all of us to analyze if we would take our focus off Russ even just once.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
themunn":2ln3wl0w said:
JayhawkMike":2ln3wl0w said:
After the season is over or effectively over I’d love to have a thread on the theoretical approach of simply drafting a first round QB every 3-4 years and never having such a highly paid QB and strengthening the rest of the team with the money. But that’s for a different time.

The only rookie superbowl winning QBs I can think of in last however many years are Mahomes, Wilson and Roethlisberger - all 3 will end up in HoF so not sure that's the finest idea.

Everyone loves the idea of building from scratch until reality sinks in years later. QBs flame out, it's very rare that they start as long as RW in the league. And by rare, I mean HOF rare.

Most of the QBs in the league right now, are QBs who have been consistently starting for 5 years or less. Look in every division...the AFC North, AFC South, AFC East, AFC West. NFC North, NFC East, NFC West, NFC North.

The QBs that are still around are either hall of famers, or the hall of very good. A scandal, an injury, a trade demand because the QB isn't happy...there are so many things that can change. The Eagles thought they had their future hall of famer in Wentz and that went sideways. The Texans thought they did and that went sideways. Cleveland selected Baker number 1 overall, and he may not even be the guy. Everyone is gushing over Justin Herbert in the way people once gushed over Phillip Rivers, but he has to win playoff games first.

It's nice to think that you can breakup with your longtime wife and find something just as great or stable...but it's very hard to find a good let alone great QB. Great players get paid.

suppaball

Reaction score
themunn":33husnxc said:
JayhawkMike":33husnxc said:

Wilson, Ben, and Mahomes were second year, but yeah

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/how-man ... super-bowl

Latest posts