Will you be a different type of fan now?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I am definitely more relaxed. Over 32 years here, my Hawk allegiance has been a roller coaster. Early, when were good (early 80s) I was just looked at curiously. Not many Chiefs, Charger or Bronco fans in the parts. After that, I was met with "why would anyone want to be a Seahawk fan"?. It was a fair question during our suck years.

Since the realignment, it's been all hate. It never gets ugly but certainly not friendly either. Now? As I said above...we are the 900 lb Gorilla. That hates persists, but I sense fear now overrides their hate. It's all very nice now. Comfortable.

I've also noticed I am seeing things a bit more objectively. With the monkey off our backs, I am more open to potential transactions for the betterment of our future. I won't go into that now, but the thought of the departure of certain players (some my favorites) is no longer a taboo topic for me. It's all about team, other than Wilson and Earl, for me, no component is any longer absolute or sacred. They got us our ring and we got them theirs. Hard not to be happy about that.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure like others, having that huge burden of cheering for a team that has never won a championship has now been lifted. Which means every little mistake that could cost you that overall goal, you'll calm down about. But overall, I'm still going to be a big fan. Also having been there at the bottom, I'm sure none of us will be those typical douchebag fans who say things like "have your team get a ring first, then talk to me".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
To me winning the Lombardi, made all of the ups and downs of being a lifelong Hawks fan worth it. It was the big payoff for being so loyal, and a wonderful payoff it is! :) The way the Hawks dominated in XLVIII, there is no way to question the legitimacy of our Lombardi! I think for awhile I'll be a more relaxed fan, that will be able to shake off losses better knowing we got our Lombardi. Do, I want more, hell yes!

Repeating next year will be difficult, a key injury here or there is sometimes the difference and is out of the teams control. But.....with Pete and John running things I think our odds are much better of repeating then every other team over the past decade!

Go Hawks!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":322t6zw2 said:
I'm going to talk down to every fan of a team that has never won a Super Bowl. KISS THA RANG will be my mantra from here on out.

Im plan on doing it for sure. Have a few times so far.

chevelle03

Reaction score
I have no idea. I will have to wait until the season starts to find out just how much this changes things. But old habits die hard and I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck come game day just as always...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yep, All I want, is All They Got, and if they give it their all, (and they will), they are going to be tough as hell to beat.
Pete is going to tell them that they are starting off with a clean slate, and what's done is done.
He's going to need to remind them that if we are going to be taking shots, it's best we be a moving target.
Just because they have reached the pinnacle, doesn't mean they should, or will rest there.
I just want them to continue to prove why Pete Carroll, and John Schneider should be and should already have been, HEAD COACH & GENERAL MANAGER of the YEAR.
The headlines should read something like Head Coach JOHN FOX of the Broncos had to coach against the "Silver FOX" Pete Carroll of the Seahawks.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Still disrespectful notions from ESPN, Brunell ranking Philip Rivers AHEAD of a Super Bowl Champion, Russell Wilson, pulllllleaseeeee.

Russell has a ring in two years of football, holy ....

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'll be the same ..Why change?It becomes easier to listen to other teams fans and counter them if needed
but I'll still be a die hard Hawks fan as always...

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm the same, I'm proud of what the team did and it was a great experience to watch. But at the end of the day were now 0-0 AGAIN. It is the ride that is the fun part and the trophy is the the reward, to be able to say we were the best that year.

When the Sonics won it all I was happy and proud as well, that was when we became a City of champions.

You remember the players, the team, the moments and tuck them away.

You also are now the target of everyone that wants what you have, some will respect you, some will fear you as a team, some will try everything they can to discredit you. Thats when you know you have arrived really.

You have something they want, and will stoop to every means they can to take it from you.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will still be just as passionate, just as rabid and just as devoted as all of you will, but for me, there's no question that there will be a serenity factor that I never could enjoy without winning the Super Bowl. I've spent 90% of my time on this earth wondering if the Seahawks would ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. There is exponential anxiety with that as the years fly by and still no ring. Now that it's finally happened, I can rejoice in knowing I was there from the start and was lucky enough to see it finally happen. I'll still freak out at those heart attack games, I will still want to win the Super Bowl each season, but there will be a certain level of calm and serenity that can't be bought, it is only earned with that first Championship.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1adu6haw said:
I thought about this the other day... and heres why I think the Seahawks are special..

The fans of Seattle teams have always been amazing. If anyone remembers the games at the old Kingdome, they'd remember Howard Cossel and the decible readers on TV showing jet takeoff like sound in the 80s.

Random, I was just thinking about that last week. Good times - back when the "Blue Wave was on a roll!"

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
Is it wierd that I am feeling a mild sympathy for our division rivals rather than the disdain that I felt toward them before the Seahawks won the Super Bowl? What is wrong with me?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I plan on being incredibly insufferable by wearing Seahawks SB championship gear when I go back to Wisconsin this summer.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The only thing that could "bring me down" from this emotional high would be an injury to Russell Wilson causing him to lose time on the field. Aside from that, I no longer "sweat the little things".

Steve2222

Reaction score
Well I can now cheer for teams in the playoffs (when the Seahawks aren't in them) with 0 Super Bowls to win one.

irocdave

Reaction score
Been a fan since day one and as of last Sunday morning all I ever wanted was to see my favorite team win it all. I never got to up or down with the Hawks except for the hose job that was SB40 and the pure hatred displayed by the mediots before the Hawks playoff game against the Saints in 2010. As a fan I remember the total shunning of the team in the media as far back as the early 80's. The local papers had tons of coverage but almost zilch coverage on national TV. My family moved to Sacramento in 83 and it was like a Hawk blackout. Anyone remember the George Michael sports machine, only on at like 11:00PM on Sunday nights? That was the only way I could see the highlights of my team when I was in HS. It sucked wearing Hawks gear in northern California in the mid to late 80's. It was brutal. Moved back to Seattle in 91 just in time for the low point of the franchise.

This year was so special. The whole PNW area knew it as did the team. My kids watched every game with me this year ( the wife wasn't happy at the beginning of the season because that meant not going to church but it wasn't long before she was joining us!) and my parents watched half the games with us. What I am the most satisfied with is that my two young sons got to see our team win a Lombardi as well as my long suffering dad. Seriously, most people would kick my dad out of the house with all the crap he talks, he has so much pent up hostility towards Seattle teams failing. I doubt he will change but he can long longer say our teams always choke and or are not trying.

Myself? I don't think I will change much as a fan other than not giving a rats ass about what the media says for awhile. The team and players are getting the respect they deserve and so are the fans. Think about how much of a story the Seattle fans have been this year for the national media. Who else gets that attention? none. I don't think our fan base will let up until the team starts struggling for a couple of years which it will eventually. That's the nature of sports. Hopefully we get our Sonics back and the Mariners get their head out of the ^%$ and start winning.
My recollection of the great years of being a Seattle sports fan were in 95 - 97. Sonics were a contender and the M's were winning consistently. Imagine that happening again with the Hawks rolling. One can dream.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Yes and no.

Yes. I'm going to be more relaxed about our FO moves. I've been a armchair GM since the early 80's. No more. I will not be scouring FA for high priced, big name FAs who we might have a chance to sign. I will not be looking at the draft to see who is the best available when we pick. All because I trust our FO will do the right thing -- not all the time but most times.

No. Because I'm still watching and reading everything to do with the Hawks. I wanted a Lombardi so bad in the past. Now I want a dynasty badly. I'll be more excited about the season next year than this. Goooooo Hawks!!!