Will Pete coast once we clinch

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Every guy really nicked up will likely sit, but he's gonna go balls to the wall to win.

mikeak

Reaction score
Not only starters will come out but the playbook will not get opened up. They will work on plays in practice that they won't be running during the games so there will be a limited playbook

Will he at anytime not try to win no but it won't be the main focus and other things will be more important

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In a word, NO!

The team will rest the injured and restrict the minutes of those needing a break but nothing will stop the Seahawks from competing in every game they play in

Pete isn't a coasting type of coach it is foreign to his philosophy.

Will I

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":309wew4u said:
Its been shown that coasting in the final couple games makes for an early exit..

This... Ask Peyton how those years of resting up the last couple weeks worked out for him when the colts were clinching by :sarcasm_on: week 11 :sarcasm_off:

kf3339

Reaction score
Look what happened to Peyton Manning several years ago when the Colts had a chance at an undefeated regular season. They pulled him out to rest him for the playoffs and not only lost that game, but ended up losing in the playoffs and not even making the Super Bowl.

I think you have to be very careful with messing with team chemistry even if you have HFA through out the playoffs wrapped up. We want to keep firing on all cylinders and work to get Wilson and Harvin in real good sync. To me that means we keep playing to win every game with our starters unless it is a blowout by the start of the 4th quarter, and then let the backups play.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rocket":2qk83ifg said:
With all the 1-0 and Com-Pete and all, will Pete coast once we clinch home field advantage or will he just keep on keepin' on?

Add reasons Pro and Con as well.
I think he stays the course.
You don't practice to go easy, because you're going to be playing out of character if you do that.
Like some of the players have already said, "We Play Every Game Like It's A Championship Game".

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I don't know if he would want guys to sit out 2-3 weeks (assuming we get the bye) because it ruins rhythm although I understand it. He also said he wished there wouldn't of been a bye week this week for that same reason.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I don't think Coast is in his vocabulary.... I think he'll continue to push forward not to do anything to break team momentum.....Go Go Go!!! GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

ivotuk

Reaction score
No way. Coasting is a good way to get hurt and beat. Coasting teams got beat by the 9-7 New York Giants. The coasting Colts got beat by New Orleans, it goes on and on and is just plain stupid.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pete won't coast until he's driving down to L.A. in mid-February contemplating what his Super Bowl ring's going to look like when the NFL delivers them in a couple months. 8)

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Would you coast on this....
7932060.jpg

Sorry had too...Pete has an agenda...he will not be late for that party.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
I think any indication that there was such a thing as an unimportant game would fry RW's circuits...