Will Luck get more than Wilson

TXHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1ya0fbrr said:
TXHawk":1ya0fbrr said:
mikeak":1ya0fbrr said:
In addition a bad defense means the offense has to score more. So sure it doesn't help win a Super Bowl but it sure as heck is a reason for 9,000 yards and 55TDs

But the Colts haven't been scoring more. The Seahawks have outscored the Colts both years that Wilson has been running the offense.

That would be a balanced attack and a scoring defense helping, remember Marino had a lot of gawdy stats also, he went to one Super Bowl and never won it. That was very early in his career when they didn't put the whole team on his shoulders.

I was living in south Florida in 1984 and saw a lot of Dolphins games the year that they went to the Super Bowl. Marino had 48 TD passes and over 5000 yards passing while their top running back had about 600 yards. If that's not putting a team on his shoulders I don't know what is.

Listen, I like Luck and think he has a bright future but I'm getting weary of the constant excuse-making, goalpost moving, and arguments based on unprovable hypothetical situations his supporters constantly engage in to claim he is better than Wilson because the stats so far simply don't bear that out.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TXHawk":hk8jik3r said:
mikeak":hk8jik3r said:
In addition a bad defense means the offense has to score more. So sure it doesn't help win a Super Bowl but it sure as heck is a reason for 9,000 yards and 55TDs

But the Colts haven't been scoring more. The Seahawks have outscored the Colts both years that Wilson has been running the offense.

Well for one Luck only has 8196 passing yards not 9k and even if you count running as well he only has 8828 again not 9k, and he only has 46 passing tds, and if you add running it is 55tds, and of course a complt% of 57, and QB rating of 81.5, and 6.85 YPA, and 27 ints, a 1td to 26 attempts, and 1.7 td to int ratio

Rw has 6475 passing yards and if you add running 7503 yards, he has 52 Passing tds, and a total of 57 tds, complt% of 63.6, Qb rating of 100.6, ypa of 8.09 and only 19ints, and 1 td to 15 attempts, and 2.7 td to int ratio

So basically with a worse o-line, worse wr, and way less attempts (rw has 800 Luck over 1100) Rw is as good or better in every category but yards.

ctrcat

Reaction score
No one mentioned Da'Rick Rogers in this thread but according to this Colts writer he "saved their season". http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/1/27/5 ... th-in-2013 Luck making chicken salad with chicken chit? Not so fast. Rogers was a Georgia High School Player of the Year and All-SEC at Tennessee who many thought was better than Cordarelle Patterson and Justin Hunter.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3i0ccion said:
SoulfishHawk":3i0ccion said:
None of it matters. The only thing that matters is SuperbOwl Titles

Wilson - 1
Luck - 0

Ricardo Lockette - 1
TY Hilton - 0

;)

(FWIW I prefer Wilson as a QB to Luck and think Luck has been overrated as a pro due to his college play, but the obsessive, petty insecurity about Luck in comparison to WIlson that exists for some on this board is also hilarious, and completely unmatched IMO and simply non-existent among Panthers fans, Redskins fans, and 9ers fans (who would be the other suspects) from what I've seen).

Mostly agree. Panther fans will never like Luck because he went back to school instead of being the #1 pick of 2011. Most also feel as if they got a potential Michael Jordan over a potential Larry Bird and have moved on.

Escamillo

Reaction score
ctrcat":ijghg24b said:
Popeyejones":ijghg24b said:
SoulfishHawk":ijghg24b said:

Wilson - 1
Luck - 0

Ricardo Lockette - 1
TY Hilton - 0

;)

(FWIW I prefer Wilson as a QB to Luck and think Luck has been overrated as a pro due to his college play, but the obsessive, petty insecurity about Luck in comparison to WIlson that exists for some on this board is also hilarious, and completely unmatched IMO and simply non-existent among Panthers fans, Redskins fans, and 9ers fans (who would be the other suspects) from what I've seen).

Mostly agree. Panther fans will never like Luck because he went back to school instead of being the #1 pick of 2011. Most also feel as if they got a potential Michael Jordan over a potential Larry Bird and have moved on.

Well, I happened to visit carolinahuddle.com yesterday (a Panthers esssage board I've been visiting since 2010, one of my favorite NFL message boards), just to read their comments about the Madden cover competition. Someone posted that they were surprised that Russell Wilson didn't go deeper in the Madden cover competition than he did, and there were responses like, "F*** Russell Wilson", and "I hate Russell Wilson as much as the next guy, but...", which gave me the impression that there are Panther fans resentful of RW, and it reminded me of the group of misguided Seahawks fans that hate on Luck for no good reason.

And I've also seen hatred of Wilson expressed at Washington message boards, out of resentment that he's surpassed RG3 at this point in their careers.

I don't think irrational resentment/hate for other QBs is only found among Seahawks fans.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Escamillo":32zd1k54 said:
ctrcat":32zd1k54 said:
Popeyejones":32zd1k54 said:
SoulfishHawk":32zd1k54 said:

Wilson - 1
Luck - 0

Ricardo Lockette - 1
TY Hilton - 0

;)

Well, I happened to visit carolinahuddle.com yesterday (a Panthers esssage board I've been visiting since 2010, one of my favorite NFL message boards), just to read their comments about the Madden cover competition. Someone posted that they were surprised that Russell Wilson didn't go deeper in the Madden cover competition than he did, and there were responses like, "F*** Russell Wilson", and "I hate Russell Wilson as much as the next guy, but...", which gave me the impression that there are Panther fans resentful of RW, and it reminded me of the group of misguided Seahawks fans that hate on Luck for no good reason.

And I've also seen hatred of Wilson expressed at Washington message boards, out of resentment that he's surpassed RG3 at this point in their careers.

I don't think irrational resentment/hate for other QBs is only found among Seahawks fans.

While I don't know, it's possible that many are Tar Heel fans and RW went to NCSU. The rivalry and level of hate is quite underrated nationally. Either that or they're children with no good sense or upbringing. Anyone that says they hate Russell Wilson is a loser in the game of life and an imbecile of a human being.

BASF

Reaction score
Anthony!":chne846s said:
Now as to your saying that NO team with a QB on a MAX deal ever won an SB, that would be wrong, Montana, Elway, to name a few.

Montana was before the salary cap and Elway won his Super Bowls while the Broncos front office cheated the salary cap.

Anthony!

Reaction score
BASF":26pa6p7y said:
Anthony!":26pa6p7y said:
Now as to your saying that NO team with a QB on a MAX deal ever won an SB, that would be wrong, Montana, Elway, to name a few.

Montana was before the salary cap and Elway won his Super Bowls while the Broncos front office cheated the salary cap.

you never said anything about having to be after the cap or not, or not and as to the excuse of cheating the cap, well since they did not get penalized for it, I will go with they did not and is still proves my point. OH and I forgot Brady several times. Oh and of course the fact still remains the teams that are nearly always in the mix for the playoffs and SB have franchise QBs, who either rare or have been getting paid, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Ben R, etc. Again my point has been made.

BASF

Reaction score
Anthony!":1tzgxakp said:
you never said anything about having to be after the cap or not,

I never said anything of the sort, since I am not the poster who brought it up, just interjecting some facts. Kind of like this:

Anthony!":1tzgxakp said:
as to the excuse of cheating the cap, well since they did not get penalized for it, I will go with they did not and is still proves my point.

ESPN Page":1tzgxakp said:
Broncos circumvented cap from 1996-98
Updated: September 16, 2004, 7:17 PM ET
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Denver Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose their third-round pick in next year's NFL draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996-98.

The penalties were levied Thursday following an agreement involving the league, its union and the team.

Checking facts before posting is pretty easy.

Cartire

Reaction score
Anthony!":160x1n9p said:
BASF":160x1n9p said:
Anthony!":160x1n9p said:

you never said anything about having to be after the cap or not, or not and as to the excuse of cheating the cap, well since they did not get penalized for it, I will go with they did not and is still proves my point. OH and I forgot Brady several times. Oh and of course the fact still remains the teams that are nearly always in the mix for the playoffs and SB have franchise QBs, who either rare or have been getting paid, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Ben R, etc. Again my point has been made.

getting pretty obvious youre more stubborn then smart.

-Brady was not even close to the highest paid during is superbowl run. So there goes that stupid argument.
-You didnt know that the topic was for salary cap era only? Why would any of us care if there was no cap? Dont be naive.
-The Broncos were penalized for salary cap violations between 96-98.

If you arent gonna take the 15 seconds to google anything, then stop with the pathetic contrarian bit.