Will Luck get more than Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
edogg23":ufpx136g said:
I would take our pedestrian receiving core over Indy's any day of the week, especially with Wayne being out most of the year last year.

That's great but does not change the fact Indys were better.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yylbvz4 said:
None of it matters. The only thing that matters is SuperbOwl Titles

Wilson - 1
Luck - 0

Ricardo Lockette - 1
TY Hilton - 0

;)

(FWIW I prefer Wilson as a QB to Luck and think Luck has been overrated as a pro due to his college play, but the obsessive, petty insecurity about Luck in comparison to WIlson that exists for some on this board is also hilarious, and completely unmatched IMO and simply non-existent among Panthers fans, Redskins fans, and 9ers fans (who would be the other suspects) from what I've seen).

kearly

Reaction score
Escamillo":14tdgcbk said:

The analysis in that article is too subjective to be credible. It was a good effort by that guy, but I got some serious "QBR" vibes from reading this supporting arguments.

In my subjective opinion, the best running QB in the league is a healthy RG3, and it's not even close. I think Luck, Newton, WIlson, and Kaep are all pretty much on the same level. To put one above the rest you'd have to split hairs and reveal biases.

As far as hating Luck, I do think he is the NFL's most over-rated player at the moment. But then again, imagine him with Harbaugh in SF... nightmare fuel.

mikeak

Reaction score
Don't forget that Luck is tied into 2 more years by Indy so Luck has less leverage. He is also making a lot more money per year compared to RW for those years. Assuming his next contract is an extension I expect RW to get the bigger extension.

RW will not make "much" year four and hasn't made much year 1-3. I expect his extension to reflect this

rideaducati

Reaction score
I hope Russell sees that there has not been one team that has a QB on a max contract that has won a Super Bowl.

Brees wins one with the Saints, holds out so he can be the highest paid QB ever and his team goes to crap until the salary cap goes up.

Flacco wins with the Ravens...gets paid...team goes to crap.

Ryan doesn't even win one...gets paid...team goes to crap.

Cutler, Romo, Sanchez etc... same thing.

By the time Russell gets paid, the salary cap will be a lot higher, so maybe it won't hurt the Seahawks as badly as it did the poor saps that were forced to pay their guys during a time when the cap remained flat. Still, no single player should get 15% of a team's cap at any time.

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":3a77l86n said:
In my subjective opinion, the best running QB in the league is a healthy RG3, and it's not even close. I think Luck, Newton, WIlson, and Kaep are all pretty much on the same level. To put one above the rest you'd have to split hairs and reveal biases.

Im gonna have to disagree with this one. Kaep is definitely RG3 tier runner. And its very close. Hes a gazelle out there, and its no joke. He may get taken down early sometimes, but if he hits a stride past 5 yards, goodbye.

The rest I would put all in teh same category together after that.

chris98251

Reaction score
RGIII "WAS"a more dynamic runner, after his surgerys I doubt you see that level again, I know he will run still but his body is a lot less durable then Kaeps is. Kaep is much thicker from shoulders down the RG3 is.

I see Kaep much more like a young John Elway, Shanahan destroyed him also but his game developed more and he was always a good passer with a strong arm. Kaep has the Arm but not the head or quick thinking and reads that Elway had.

RGIII is more like a Randall Cunningham but more accrurate passing the Randall was, at least early on. He could not sustain the beatings from running and was almost washed out fo the league do to it until Minny took a chance on him and Warren Moon worked with him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":3bssl77o said:
As far as hating Luck, I do think he is the NFL's most over-rated player at the moment. But then again, imagine him with Harbaugh in SF... nightmare fuel.

I always thought Cam Newton would be an absolute beast under Harbs in SF.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Anthony!":1bfkxfwu said:
Escamillo":1bfkxfwu said:
RolandDeschain":1bfkxfwu said:
Luck will get a new contract at 38 years of age down the road that makes him the new highest-paid QB in the league based on his future potential, too.

I'm so tired of the Luck hype train. I wish it'd derail over a cliff and explode on impact. Potential is worthless, what matters is what you do.

Well, this might not please you then:
Whose the best running QB in the NFL? "Andrew Luck", says MMQB

:|

Yay but you have to consider the source it Peter King he has been all over Luck since day one and very anti Rw

But Peter King didn't write the article, Andy Benoit did. :D
Maybe Sherm can rebut the article, since he also writes for MMBQ. But he's a Luck fanboy himself, so who knows what he'd say. :D

Escamillo

Reaction score
kearly":31gtx5gb said:
Escamillo":31gtx5gb said:

The analysis in that article is too subjective to be credible. It was a good effort by that guy, but I got some serious "QBR" vibes from reading this supporting arguments.

RG3's not a good running QB because he lacks awareness on the field, which leads him to take too many hits. RW slides down (feet first, not head first like the idiotic Dalton which helped blow a playoff game for the Bengals), or gets out of bounds. RG3, on the other hand, takes punishment. And he's not like a powerful running back or even like Andrew Luck, whereby he'll deliver a percentage of the impact onto the tackler; no, RG3 takes 100% of the impact every time he's tackled.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2g22bgso said:
RolandDeschain":2g22bgso said:
Luck will get a new contract at 38 years of age down the road that makes him the new highest-paid QB in the league based on his future potential, too.

I'm so tired of the Luck hype train. I wish it'd derail over a cliff and explode on impact. Potential is worthless, what matters is what you do.

Nearly 9000 yards of total offense, 55 total TD's, a playoff win .. all with a terrible defense and no running game (you know, the same things Wilson doesn't have)

Andrew Luck is an outstanding quarterback. Why so many people on this board choose to basically hate the guy because he was drafted the same year as Russell Wilson is beyond me.

I have no doubt that if Luck were swapped for Wilson straight up back in 2012, that he'd have a Super Bowl ring right now too. I also think Wilson would still be a very good player, but would probably be falling short because of his supporting cast.
I see Luck play all the time here and I have to agree -The guy does a lot with so little..Wayne was out most of the year btw..I like Russ but I respect what Luck can do..

Cartire

Reaction score
IndyHawk":a87skemc said:
Hasselbeck":a87skemc said:
RolandDeschain":a87skemc said:

Nearly 9000 yards of total offense, 55 total TD's, a playoff win .. all with a terrible defense and no running game (you know, the same things Wilson doesn't have)

Andrew Luck is an outstanding quarterback. Why so many people on this board choose to basically hate the guy because he was drafted the same year as Russell Wilson is beyond me.

I have no doubt that if Luck were swapped for Wilson straight up back in 2012, that he'd have a Super Bowl ring right now too. I also think Wilson would still be a very good player, but would probably be falling short because of his supporting cast.
I see Luck play all the time here and I have to agree -The guy does a lot with so little..Wayne was out most of the year btw..I like Russ but I respect what Luck can do..

Who would you rather have, Wayne or Harvin?

Because using that excuse is getting so tired it hurts. "But Wayne got hurt.... WAHHHHHH"

Here, Ill change it up.

"...Harvin was out the WHOLE year btw..I like Luck but I respect what Wilson can do.."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Luck's numbers with Wayne (~91 rating) were still worse than Wilson's, and they got worse when Wayne went out (low 80s rating). So, obviously, having a receiver of Wayne's caliber helps. T.Y. Hilton is also a great receiver who gave the #1 passing D a ton of fits based purely on his unique skills. He isn't a system player.

Basically, Wilson + "Pedestrians" is still > Luck + Wayne/Hilton. Would Luck's efficiency numbers improve with a better RB? Probably, but the extent of that improvement is anyone's guess. You could make the case that Wilson with a healthy O-line and a true #1 would be a 110 rating QB w/ 30-40 TDs. We can go round and round with "what ifs."

mikeak

Reaction score
In addition a bad defense means the offense has to score more. So sure it doesn't help win a Super Bowl but it sure as heck is a reason for 9,000 yards and 55TDs

RWs stats would look very different if he carried the team.

Two superstars IMHO

TXHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2542szjc said:
In addition a bad defense means the offense has to score more. So sure it doesn't help win a Super Bowl but it sure as heck is a reason for 9,000 yards and 55TDs

But the Colts haven't been scoring more. The Seahawks have outscored the Colts both years that Wilson has been running the offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
TXHawk":dba7ae9f said:
mikeak":dba7ae9f said:

But the Colts haven't been scoring more. The Seahawks have outscored the Colts both years that Wilson has been running the offense.

That would be a balanced attack and a scoring defense helping, remember Marino had a lot of gawdy stats also, he went to one Super Bowl and never won it. That was very early in his career when they didn't put the whole team on his shoulders.

Anthony!

Reaction score
rideaducati":3mqocrbn said:
I hope Russell sees that there has not been one team that has a QB on a max contract that has won a Super Bowl.

Brees wins one with the Saints, holds out so he can be the highest paid QB ever and his team goes to crap until the salary cap goes up.

Flacco wins with the Ravens...gets paid...team goes to crap.

Ryan doesn't even win one...gets paid...team goes to crap.

Cutler, Romo, Sanchez etc... same thing.

By the time Russell gets paid, the salary cap will be a lot higher, so maybe it won't hurt the Seahawks as badly as it did the poor saps that were forced to pay their guys during a time when the cap remained flat. Still, no single player should get 15% of a team's cap at any time.

''well first off you do realize in both Ryans and Flaccos case there were other issues that had no barring on the WB being paid that hurt them. Now as to your saying that NO team with a QB on a MAX deal ever won an SB, that would be wrong, Montana, Elway, to name a few. The other thing that you are not taking into account are the teams that are always in the hunt, GB, NO, Denver, NE, to name a few all have franchise QBs that are in the tops in pay, and guess what despite that they are always in the hunt and on any given day. That is what a franchise QB can do. As to your allegation about no single player getting 15%, ah yeah and do not worry because 2 years after he signs it he will not be getting 15% of the cap because it will have gone up so much. Not to mention if he signs a deal like I have been hearing which is 6 years 120MIl, that is really a 7 years 121 mil deal (he would still have 1 year at under 1 mil left plus the new deal of 6 more)which is 17.28 Mila year which with a cap of 135mil that is only 12.8% in 2 years later will be under 10%.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Escamillo":vvnn68no said:
Anthony!":vvnn68no said:
Escamillo":vvnn68no said:
RolandDeschain":vvnn68no said:

Well, this might not please you then:
Whose the best running QB in the NFL? "Andrew Luck", says MMQB

:|

Yay but you have to consider the source it Peter King he has been all over Luck since day one and very anti Rw

But Peter King didn't write the article, Andy Benoit did. :D
Maybe Sherm can rebut the article, since he also writes for MMBQ. But he's a Luck fanboy himself, so who knows what he'd say. :D

True King did not write it but look at the top of MMQB whose name do you see? It says the "MMQB with Peter King", Peter runs it, and has final say on anything that Is put on it,

Anthony!

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1dslooer said:
Hasselbeck":1dslooer said:
RolandDeschain":1dslooer said:

yes that little top 10 pass blocking o-line compare to RWs last place pass blocking o-line, That little top 10 scoring defense, that easier conference, those better Wrs, and that run game that avg the same ypa as we did. Sorry Luck has it easier than RW, and still has not out played Rw.

Anthony!

Reaction score
mikeak":2ial3sy2 said:

RWs stats would look very different if he carried the team.

Two superstars IMHO

Problem is Indys defense is not that bad they were top 10 in scoring, that is pretty good.