Will HAbaugh force Manningham back onto the field to early?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I think what we can take away from this thread is that Jim Harbaugh is a jackass.

QOW1  2xnC7IJ8UDxsaVV8prlFJS1F231muKIKrmZ0yvKbAsYQ

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Shinigami":xwdpgeh6 said:
Rich if you're going to say that Harbaugh is a selfish jerk Partly because he showed little loyalty to Smith when a QB came along that played better than him then I'm glad you're not a coach for the Seahawks lol. By your logic Carrol never should have started Wilson because Seattle traded for a player who probably believed he was going to be a starter here hence by the size of his contract and that the Seahawks were drafting a QB in the 3rd round who no one thought would start. Where was Pete's loyalty to an older more proven player?

Did Harbaugh resign Smith and tell him he could compete for the job with no guarantee's he wins? Did I miss the open competition between Smith and Kaep?

No you are reading what you want from my statement. There should be no comparison of how Flynn was handled (correctly) and how Smith was handled (poorly) or confusion.

Shinigami

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2r12dra8 said:
Shinigami":2r12dra8 said:
Rich if you're going to say that Harbaugh is a selfish jerk Partly because he showed little loyalty to Smith when a QB came along that played better than him then I'm glad you're not a coach for the Seahawks lol. By your logic Carrol never should have started Wilson because Seattle traded for a player who probably believed he was going to be a starter here hence by the size of his contract and that the Seahawks were drafting a QB in the 3rd round who no one thought would start. Where was Pete's loyalty to an older more proven player?

Did Harbaugh resign Smith and tell him he could compete for the job with no guarantee's he wins? Did I miss the open competition between Smith and Kaep?

No you are reading what you want from my statement. There should be no comparison of how Flynn was handled (correctly) and how Smith was handled (poorly) or confusion.

How was Smith's situation handled poorly? Shouldn't every coach be looking for someone who can play the position best? I'm not denying that Harbaugh can be a bit of a cry baby after a loss similar to Belichick, but he made, they both made the correct choices in benching their starters in favor of someone who had higher ceiling even if it made them look like heartless jerks. Loyalty has to exist to an extent, but don't tell me you're happy about Carrol not keeping Hasselbeck. You can argue that if he were here in 2011 maybe we win two more games since he did help the Titans reach 9-7, but that would have probably go another root with a QB. Maybe we keep Whitehurst a little longer, or bring in another QB instead. Who knows, but in the end we know he made the right choice in not being loyal to a longtime veteran like Hasselbeck. Harbaugh was right about Kaepernick, and Smith while getting a bit of a raw deal probably knows Harbaugh was right in benching him in favor of Kaep.

Plus, Smith knew he was never guaranteed to the starter there for multiple seasons the way his contract was structured it made sure that after at least one whole year; every year they could have cut Smith with out taking a Salary Cap hit not to mention the fact that Harbaugh pursued Manning.