Why Tariq Woolen Could be the Greatest Seahawks CB

toffee

Reaction score
He could either be the second coming of Sherm or Tre Flower. Either way, he is full of intrigue and I am glad that he is ours.

As is, isn't he the fastest CB the Hawks ever had?

JPatera76

Reaction score
He could either be the second coming of Sherm or Tre Flower. Either way, he is full of intrigue and I am glad that he is ours.

As is, isn't he the fastest CB the Hawks ever had?
I mean putting sherm in the equation is some big shoes to fill but.. with Pete i think its possible

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a terrific article and well worth watching entirely. Thanks for posting MyrtleHawk!!!

Wollen is clearly raw and has some bad habits to correct, and will need development before he will be a starter but for sure has those 'elite traits and elite physical abilities' the Hawks value.

I believe the team grabbed a winner with this player but he won't be that guy for a bit.

gabel

Reaction score
He does not look like a 4.3 forty guy in pads.

Much stronger than I would have thought.

toffee

Reaction score
Just for fun:
TraiqShermFlower
Height6'4"6'3"6'3"
Weight205 lbs195 lbs202 lbs
Arms33 5/8"32"33 7/8"
Hands9 1/8"9 3/4"9"
Wingspan78" 5/8"78"79 3/8"
40 yards4.264.544.45
Bench121618
Vertical jump42"38"34.4"
Broad jump131125"122
3 cones7.16.727.17
10 yards split1.491.561.53
20 yards split2.492.562.58
20 yards shuttle4.294.334.34

Sherm's 3 cones result was quite outstanding for his height, and he had/has superior football IQ and skills. I am hoping Tariq can follow Sherm's footsteps.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have had some great corners on the Seahawks.

From Dave Brown, to Patrick Hunter & Dwayne Harper, Richard Sherman & Brandon Browner ....you could even put Shawn Springs on that list.

So we tend to have high expectations of our corners. It would be great to get another great corner but getting a great corner is like getting a great QB. Everyone wants one, and they are hard to find.

It would be great to get one. And Carroll is supposed to be some sort of CB whisperer (which makes no sense considering his egregious mistake with Burley)

But if this guy is a good corner, that would be great. Asking him to be another Dave Brown or Sherman? That might be putting the cart before the horse.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Hmmm perhaps you are setting expectations a tad high for a 5th round pick.

that said I hope he becomes a top CB.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We have had some great corners on the Seahawks.

From Dave Brown, to Patrick Hunter & Dwayne Harper, Richard Sherman & Brandon Browner ....you could even put Shawn Springs on that list.

So we tend to have high expectations of our corners. It would be great to get another great corner but getting a great corner is like getting a great QB. Everyone wants one, and they are hard to find.

It would be great to get one. And Carroll is supposed to be some sort of CB whisperer (which makes no sense considering his egregious mistake with Burley)

But if this guy is a good corner, that would be great. Asking him to be another Dave Brown or Sherman? That might be putting the cart before the horse.
Burley wasn't bad, though. He actually played pretty well.

Unless the mistake was not keeping Burley on, in which case I agree.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Dude looks big and fast. I am thinking his speed will cover most flaws. Best ever? The math says no but with his abilities, maybe and I would welcome it!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sherman already had some incredible ball-skills, and anticipation as the play developed from watching so much tape. I think Sherm knew where the ball was going before the receiver, many times. That will be the hard part here: teaching Woolen if he doesn't already possess this skill.

(Add Trufant to the list of good Hawk CBs)

toffee

Reaction score
Sherman already had some incredible ball-skills, and anticipation as the play developed from watching so much tape. I think Sherm knew where the ball was going before the receiver, many times. That will be the hard part here: teaching Woolen if he doesn't already possess this skill.

(Add Trufant to the list of good Hawk CBs)
Sherm had much higher football IQ, and more skilled. Tariq has better athleticism.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Sherm was a 5th rounder too .........
And Tom Brady was drafted when… ;)

I like the player. I like the measurements. I like the draft position. I hope he does great. No downside at all but for me I’m not going to heighten my expectations. I will enjoy watching his development.

toffee

Reaction score
And Tom Brady was drafted when… ;)

I like the player. I like the measurements. I like the draft position. I hope he does great. No downside at all but for me I’m not going to heighten my expectations. I will enjoy watching his development.
You are welcome to call me a homer, for me, Tariq will be that faster Sherm, until his performance proves me wrong. This is off season, best time to be a homer lol.

Latest posts