Why Russell is a winner/leader and Cam Newton is not

googoodan

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3hqwye28 said:
googoodan":3hqwye28 said:
HawKnPeppa":3hqwye28 said:
Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs for the other team when they want our OL, LMAO!
On another note, if slumping your shoulders on the sideline with a towel over your head is 'black enough,' I'll keep our 'Uncle Tom,' thank you!

At least one person gets it.
Wilson wouldn't survive to halftime with our band of Ryan Kalil and the four UDFAs.

This is comical. Wilson is one of the few players in the world that could.

you sure about that?
https://vine.co/v/OMKujQW5w2D

eta:
According to ESPN Stats & Information, Newton has been hit 467 times -- more than twice of any other quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11465 ... buccaneers

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Don't worry about it, Panthers fans. There are some folks here who can't appreciate Wilson without tearing down some other team's QB.

Newton didn't play great against the Seahawks, but he's been one of the few bright spots for the Panthers this season, and he's a hell of an upgrade over anyone else you've had under center in your team's history (with the very possible exception of the short window when Jake Delhomme didn't actually play like Jake Delhomme).

googoodan

Reaction score
Tokadub":2tzdt7yd said:
I never realized how much i disliked Cam Newton... sure he always has seemed a bit smug like hes the coolest thing to ever exist just seeming incredibly arrogant and stuck up overall...

But today with all those dorky awkward poses every time he ran for a first down i think that's even worst than kaeperniks bicep kiss celebration.

I mean what other qb does something like that for a simple first down... hes a bit of a clown to be honest.

Overall i think newton and kaepernick are very similar both with how they play and their attitude/overconfidence/arrogant type of vibe. Id give the edge to Kaepernick as the better QB overall from the eyeball test but their career stats also confirms that.

Two guys who are supremely talented physically but lacking certain mental characteristics, including in my opinion intelligence to ever be a consistent leader and a true "winner" like RW.

On a side note i didnt know you could sponsor a players pro football reference page some guy put this on kaepernicks hahahaha:

"Go Seahawks! SB XLVIII Champs! Kaepernick was our 4th Quarter NFC Championship game MVP. We hope that Kaepernick keeps trying Sherman with sorry receivers like Crabtree, we love the results you're gonna get."

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... bile=false

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... 0/gamelog/

TomBradyFiredUp_original.gif

Packers falcons aaron rodgers21

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I appreciate what you Carolina fans are bringing to this discussion. I just want to add that I think there is something to the idea that Cam was so successful based on his physical gifts alone at every level up to the NFL that he hasn't had to work quite as hard as Wilson.

Wilson was always the short QB, so he always had to work harder than anyone else to prove he could do the job. Even when it came to the draft, Wilson's very legitimate collegiate numbers were dismissed on the basis of his height, whereas Newton was selected with very little college starting experience because he's such a gifted athlete.

The Seahawks had a head coach - Dennis Erickson - who made his reputation by assembling a better team than his competition, because that's possible to do at the college level. When it comes to the pros, however, that advantage disappears, and so did Erickson's success.

Another example we had was Joey Galloway who was so gifted that he never really had to work, until he got injured and had to rehab. Without that work ethic, he struggled to return to form - it wasn't until a few years after his injury he became productive for Dallas, to whom we traded him.

Physical gifts only get a person so far. When everyone is physically gifted, it's the guys who do the hard work who succeed.

P.S. Don't tell that to Cam - if he worked a hard as Wilson he'd be bloody amazing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
googoodan":1rkgdptt said:
Has your offensive line ever been so bad that you had to take your leading receiver and biggest downfield threat, and put him in pass protection the entire game? (Olsen)

No?

Ok.
Not necessarily our leading receiver but who knows, he might've been if we didn't have him in pass pro constantly the last 2 years......Zach Miller.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
googoodan":1d70ov5e said:
hawksfansinceday1":1d70ov5e said:
Will you please respond to these facts: Seattle has beaten your team 3 in a row, beat your team in the NFCCG in '06 and has won a Super Bowl while Carolina has not.

Thank you in advance.

Trust me, Hawks fans remind me every single time we play about 2005.

I guess every time we play Philadelphia, I'll go around yelling 2003!
Only trolling the troll. You make comments about WRs banging QB's wives and this is how I'm gonna respond. It's low budget and besides, they're unsubstantiated internet rumors and have never been proven to be anything else. Perhaps instead of breaking out "2005" and "Super Bowl Championship" I should've just gone to the Cam's daddy got paid card? It would've been the same level as where you went but well, IIRC it was proven to be true?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cam is a self centered punk, who is more concerned about his stupid smiling and pointing after every damn first down. Only to see him pout like a little 5 year old when things don't go his way. Smiling now punk? Nope.
And his little flop on the sidelines :roll:

Wilson is a leader, who leads be example. Unlike Spam Newton.

googoodan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2lsmzdtr said:
googoodan":2lsmzdtr said:
hawksfansinceday1":2lsmzdtr said:
Will you please respond to these facts: Seattle has beaten your team 3 in a row, beat your team in the NFCCG in '06 and has won a Super Bowl while Carolina has not.

Thank you in advance.

Trust me, Hawks fans remind me every single time we play about 2005.

I guess every time we play Philadelphia, I'll go around yelling 2003!
Only trolling the troll. You make comments about WRs banging QB's wives and this is how I'm gonna respond. It's low budget and besides, they're unsubstantiated internet rumors and have never been proven to be anything else. Perhaps instead of breaking out "2005" and "Super Bowl Championship" I should've just gone to the Cam's daddy got paid card? It would've been the same level as where you went but well, IIRC it was proven to be true?

Actually it was proven that Cecil Newton solicited money but never got a dime.
A troll has the posting history to show he's a troll. Sure my response was below the belt and I have come to regret that remark, however if you look at my history you'll see I've been very cordial and open about my team's strengths and weaknesses in the past, along with well wishes for the Seahawks.
When you have an OP regurgitating some ESPN opinion-based excrement as fact with others chiming in, yes I will respond. A troll seeks responses; I responded. There is a difference. A troll would have called you a bandwagon fan for saying the Hawks have won three straight against the Panthers when they have in fact won four straight against the Panthers (forgot 2010 already?). Just like now a poster is trying to get me to respond by calling Cam a "self-centered punk," which, along with "thug," we all know is the new N-word. Good job trolling the troll.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, what do you call it when a Quarterback, not a WR or DB, a QUARTERBACK has to do a stupid little dance every time he does what he's paid to do? Is that how you want your leader to act? We can agree to disagree, but if RW did something like that, I'd be pretty embarrassed as a fan. Cam acts like a 10 year old, shows off when something good happens, and pouts with his towel on his head when things don't go his way. He's probably not a punk overall, but he has a LONG way to go as a leader. The example he is setting doesn't really seem to fit the position he is playing. It's too bad really, dude has a ton of talent. Great runner, cannon for an arm etc.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I realize I sound like an old dude etc. but it truly is embarrassing. I guess I think that overall a QB should set an example, not show off every damn time he makes a good play. He sure wasn't smiling when they sacked him back to back plays when the game was on the line. :lol:

And those QB's don't do that every damn time they make a good play. They have actually been there, done that. Once in awhile, getting fired up, pointing for a first down cool. Doing it every time, along with a stupid shoulder dance??? Lame

googoodan

Reaction score
OMG Everybody panic! A young adult is having fun on a football field! He *gasp* POINTED! DOWN! THE! FIELD! That kind of stuff can destroy nations and turn orphans into pillars of salt. Please stop pointing, Cam!

Learn from a Super Bowl MVP like Discount Double Check

bowzerbird

Reaction score
And check this out:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ey-blacks-brainwashed-black-article-1.1987784

MY MAN CHARLES!! Defends Russell, like he really needed defending. What happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room and WHAT HAPPENS OUTSIDE THE LOCKER ROOM IS ALL DAMN GOSSIP. I say tell the "LADIES" who started all that kreploch to SHUT THE HOLE IN THEIR FACES, put a sock in it.

I may be white on the outside, but my soul IZ BLACK. Tell it like is IZ, Charles. But hey think of all the publicity our Hawks are getting because of the gossip. Some of it ain't good, BUT . . . gets the locker room riled up enough to defend the band of bruthaz and tell the "LADIES" to shut that pie hole. Go back to the kitchen and bake some cakes.

[Here's a little from the phone conversation]

When asked about a report that Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson isn’t seen as “black enough” by some of his teammates, the NBA Hall of Famer went on a rant about how “unintelligent” black people believe they have to hold successful African-Americans back.

“For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough,” he said in an interview on CBS Philadelphia 94 WIP’s “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis.” “If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person.”
Charles Barkley said black people will criticize other black individuals of being ‘too white’ or ‘not black enough’ if they do well in school.

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school and they’re successful ... It’s just typical B.S. that goes on when you’re black, man.”

Remember what they tried to say about MY SHERMZ: :thfight7: :pukeface: Fightn' words
Well, they can KISS MY WHITE ASS. Shermz is NOT a thug. If you went to Stanford . . . .
AND what's wrong with getting excited speaking your mind [emotions & adrenaline] [at NFC]
Shermz & Russell are BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL!

Just read & listen to the conversation. Jealousy is at the root of that gossip.
MY MAN CHARLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
googoodan":1stcefsi said:
OMG Everybody panic! A young adult is having fun on a football field! He *gasp* POINTED! DOWN! THE! FIELD! That kind of stuff can destroy nations and turn orphans into pillars of salt. Please stop pointing, Cam!

And you would give your left nut for Discount Double Check. Meow meow kitty

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:th2thumbs:

Cam Newton isn't half the QB and/or leader that Rodgers is. Let alone Manning, Brees, Brady, Wilson etc.

googoodan

Reaction score
seabowl":2bxw3rgp said:
googoodan":2bxw3rgp said:

but but he celebrates!

oh wait... he's white.

sc85sis

Reaction score
olyfan63":mi2qyp1r said:
ctrcat":mi2qyp1r said:
People forget he (Cam) only played one year of big time college football too and didn't sit behind Brett Favre for three years like the aforementioned Rodgers.

I did not know that. So in some ways, Cam is actually less experienced than Wilson, when college is taken into account. Lots of maturation upside still.
Cam was Tebow's backup at Florida originally. He got into trouble for stealing another student's laptop and was suspended. He took some sort of pretrial aversion program to avoid jail. He eventually transferred out and went to a JC, where he was the starting QB for a team that won the JC national championship. Then he went to Auburn for a year, won the Heisman, won the BCS Championship by helping Auburn defeat Oregon and got drafted #1 by the Panthers. I believe he's the only guy to do all three things in a single year. There was also the strange issue between Cam, his father and the NCAA...

He's an outstanding physical talent who has displayed maturity issues. He seems to be getting better about that, but I think he's one of those classic guys who was coddled by all and sundry because of his talent, so he's had to learn the hard way that he really needs to grow up and act like an adult. Of course, that's just speculation on my part.

If Wilson had the same physique as Cam, there's no way the Hawks would have gotten him without trading away every other draft pick they had. We're lucky that Russell was considered "too short" by so many.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
googoodan":2f3z58mg said:
seabowl":2f3z58mg said:
googoodan":2f3z58mg said:

but but he celebrates!

oh wait... he's white.
Nope. Rodgers is douchey too.

Let me guess, you were pissed last year when Kaep did the Superman. That was douche on douche crime.