Why people need to get off Bruce Irvin's Stat-line

HawkWow

Reaction score
sutz":jox4f76w said:
I absolutley LOVE that our sack total is spread around amongst several players. We don't have that one guy other teams can scheme to neutralize, or that one guy who we miss too much if he gets injured (cough, cough Clemons vs Atlanta).

This is huge in many respects. First and foremost, hard for the opposing O to key on any one rusher but almost as importantly, we won't be held hostage by any one rusher come negotiation time. Not suggesting we won't lose a *Bennett or Avril, they will get serious offers, but we wouldn't feel the sting as deeply as the Colts, and to a slightly lesser degree, the Rams if one was lost to FA. IMO.

* I think retaining Bennett is a must, unless it gets really stupid out there. Hopefully we keep them both. Dangle Clem to Jax (etc) ..if necessary.

chris98251

Reaction score
They created a spot for him to use his skill set when it was obvious he was not able to hold up well against the run as a down lineman, now they can use his overall skill set better and still when asked rush the passer.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I wonder if Bruce would be taken out in favor of Malcolm Smith when KJ Wright returns? I like the move to linebacker for Bruce and am happy with his play in general. I kind of thought I would see him blitz more. I guess I thought of him as a pass rush guy so....