The limping Line

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Left to right the whole OLine is staffed by different players than the team started the season with and yet they are surviving, sort of.

LT- Cross is replaced by Forsythe who has not been awful even at times capable. Cross hopefully will return soon after the bye, he is talented player and has been missed.

LG- Lewis was replaced against the Giants by OC- Evan Brown, I like Lewis but he has been nicked up all season. Brown is a talented player and Lewis needs to get healthy.

OC- Evan Brown has moved to LG to replace the limping Lewis, and is replaced by rookie C- Olu Olu who looked pretty capable in his short period replacing Brown.

RG- Haynes who is hurt more often than healthy has been replaced by the rookie Bradford who has looked quite comfortable and capable in relief. I'd be happy keeping him as the starter.

RT- Lucas has been replaced by Curtain who while not as talented as Lucas has been passable in relief. Lucas will be eligible to return after the bye, his return to health will help both the passing and running games.

This far from an acceptable situation, and for the OLine to have played as well as they have shows well for coaching and that our backup depth is not that shabby. I'm sure the team is hopeful of a return to health of each of the starters at their respective positions.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
And here we go.............
Of course but IMHO it's a valid take. Lil we-man makes life very difficult for the OL. His drop back for a millisecond -panic- pirouette -desperation caused himself many sacks. The proof is how he went to Denver and started getting sacked.

Geno Smith? He doesn't get sacked because he plays the right way. Better player, better Seahawk, better human , knows how to properly put a nice suit together vs we-man's shiney green suits from Vietnam ( home of the shiney green suit).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This thread is about the Seahawk O-Line. Couldn't give two sh*** about the last guy. He's gone. And it's a very good thing.

4 of our 5 starters out and only gave up 2 sacks, very impressive coaching job for sure. It's not like there are scrubs on that Giants D-Line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Watch some videos of Andy Dickerson coach, the dude's one of the most smart infectious coaches I've seen in Pete's tenure. He's got HC written all over him.

Yes, it helps to have a QB that can step up in the pocket and go through his progressions and get the ball out on time so the line knows exactly what's going on at all times. But I also think there's been a drafting/positional shift in philosophy with how they're now addressing and coaching the line.

No more converted D-linemen or basketball players. No more complicated zone blocking schemes. Very little playcalls that take too long to develop and ask too much of backups.

Maul. Get to the 2nd level. Lots of support from an very underrated TE group. Back to physicality, no more finesse.

chrispy

Reaction score
So...is everyone expected back after the bye? ...or is it still unknown until injury reports next week?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Left to right the whole OLine is staffed by different players than the team started the season with and yet they are surviving, sort of.

LT- Cross is replaced by Forsythe who has not been awful even at times capable. Cross hopefully will return soon after the bye, he is talented player and has been missed.

LG- Lewis was replaced against the Giants by OC- Evan Brown. Brown is a talented player and Lewis needs to get healthy.

OC- Evan Brown has moved to LG to replace the limping Lewis, and is replaced rookie C- Olu Olu who looked pretty capable in his short period replacing Brown.

RG- Haynes who is hurt more often than healthy has ben replaced by the rookie Bradford who has looked quite comfortable and capable in relief.

RT- Lucas has been replaced by Curtain who while not as talented as Lucas has been passable in relief. Lucas will be eligible to return after the bye, his return to health will help both the passing and running games.

This far from an acceptable situation and for the OLine to have played as well as they have shows well for coaching and that our backup depth is not that shabby. I'm sure the team is hopeful of a return to health of each of the starters at their respective positions
I completely agree with jammerhawk on this subject.

A team has to have to large depth pool of talented players to pull off the kind of performance that we have witnessed so far this season. Yet, I smell a good coaching performance somewhere-along-the-line.

Is it Offensive Line Coach, Andy Dickerson?
Is it Offensive Coordinator, Shane Waldron?
Maybe combination of both of them, plus the talent pool they have stockpiled in recent years?
Doesn't matter to me, as I am just enjoying seeing it!

My question would be this... How exactly did the Seahawk's organization acquire Andy Dickerson? I know he was with the Ram's organization previously, but that does not explain how they let him get away.

Call me #4 Happy about it!
😄 (Luck to Kevin Harvick)

morgulon1

Reaction score
I completely agree with jammerhawk on this subject.

A team has to have to large depth pool of talented players to pull off the kind of performance that we have witnessed so far this season. Yet, I smell a good coaching performance somewhere-along-the-line.

Is it Offensive Line Coach, Andy Dickerson?
Is it Offensive Coordinator, Shane Waldron?
Maybe combination of both of them, plus the talent pool they have stockpiled in recent years?
Doesn't matter to me, as I am just enjoying seeing it!

My question would be this... How exactly did the Seahawk's organization acquire Andy Dickerson? I know he was with the Ram's organization previously, but that does not explain how they let him get away.

Call me #4 Happy about it!
😄 (Luck to Kevin Harvick)

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
So...is everyone expected back after the bye? ...or is it still unknown until injury reports next week?
The safe bet would be, Unknown.

Consider Damien Lewis & Phil Haynes, they typically fall off the current week's injury report, and then magically keep going down with injuries again. From what I have seen, both of them started the last two to three seasons injured, it just wasn't reported.

I'll start to get worried if the coming Bye Week doesn't help in curing Charles Cross & Abe Lucas. We do have two games after that where the team can probably survive without them (Bengals & Cardinals I think), but after those two games, we get into the more difficult portion of the schedule.

Fingers crossed - And I really like our back up guards, a lot!

Last edited:

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Off topic, but it's his final year in the Cup Series.
Dang near won Talladega last week!

Just, 12 one thousandths of a second short...
Kevin Harvick has had a great career though!

I don't know what SHR is going to do without him, or Ford Motor Company either.
EV's have proven to be a waste of approximately $5 billion dollars per year.

For those that are maybe reading, but don't understand, the NASCAR season kicks off one week after the Super Bowl. For those of us who are a fan of both, we get entertained all year round!

evergreen

Reaction score
I like #75 coming in and taking no shit from Dexter
Lawrence. Attitude is everything! Now our backups have experience and cohesion with each other. just good stuff all around. meanwhile the niners just rolls thru calm seas. we're battle tested.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I want to see Bradford play against Donald, I'd expect the Rams to move him away from Bradford as Bradford can hang in against strong players.

Major props to the coaching, for the OL to have played this well with a backup OLine.

As to when players will be back we shall see how well the bye treats these guys in terms of getting healthy.

I see Cross being game to game all year toe injuries are awfully tough to recover from, am unsure about Lewis not sure if it's his knee or his shoulder, expect Haynes to always have an injury because he has always been injured, and am hopeful the bye passing will see Lucas returning to play.

Jville

Reaction score
I want to see Bradford play against Donald, I'd expect the Rams to move him away from Bradford as Bradford can hang in against strong players.

Major props to the coaching, for the OL to have played this well with a backup OLine.

As to when players will be back we shall see how well the bye treats these guys in terms of getting healthy.

I see Cross being game to game all year toe injuries are awfully tough to recover from, am unsure about Lewis not sure if it's his knee or his shoulder, expect Haynes to always have an injury because he has always been injured, and am hopeful the bye passing will see Lucas returning to play.

Pete revealed that the plan going into the Giants game was to alternate Phil Haynes and Anthony Bradford at right guard. But, Haynes hamstring didn't hold up long enough to get into that rotation. I'm expecting a rotation of Bradford and Haynes beginning as early as the Bengal's game. Similar to what we saw last year with the Gabe Jackson & Phil Haynes rotation at right guard.

I have yet to hear any details on the Lewis injury. He played thru shoulder and elbow injuries two years ago and still started and played in 13 games.

The Lucas knee surgery is another mystery. I have yet to hear any update.

I'm curious about recent additions and Raiqwon O'Neil and McClendon Curtis.

Andy Dickerson & John Schneider seem to be on a roll as in on the same page.

Next man up!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

Aaron Donald, meet the woodshed that you helped build...
Aka, Anthony Bradford!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
What I find impressive is , the lack of false starts and holding penalties. Sure there have been some, but, when you look back 2 years, with starters , the count with this patched up OL has declined in comparison.
Agree with CDN_C_Hawk:

Yeah, Seahawk offensive line penalties seem to be way down this year. I noticed that with our number two offensive line in the preseason, but couldn't get anybody else to acknowledge the factoid, or jump on board with the subject.

The fewer second and 20 yards to go situations this team can avoid, the more 3rd down conversions they are likely to make, and then they have a better shot at winning the Time of Possession stat. It becomes a win, win, win, scenario!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think everyone but Lucas will be back after the bye. Lucas likely needs a 6 week time frame to recover from what was likely clean up arthroscopic surgery on his knee.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I think everyone but Lucas will be back after the bye. Lucas likely needs a 6 week time frame to recover from what was likely clean up arthroscopic surgery on his knee.
Hope you are right Mad Dog,

I'm just worried that our two projected starting guards are not going to make it through this season and into next season.

LG Damien Lewis
RG Phil Haynes

These are the two that I have the least amount of faith in.
(Just being honest - Availability matters)

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I thought Lucas had a patellar ligament strain, but could be wrong. If it is a meniscus cleanup then I can see him missing few more games.