Why not...

Chawker

Reaction score
Our season is over, so why don't we see what we have in order of back-up players. Losing to the Lions won't be that bad, we have the 38th, 70th,100th and 102nd picks in next years draft. Getting beat by the last two games only makes for a better tomorrow.

If I was Pete I'd see what the second stringers can produce. Its not like were going to the play-offs.

GO LIONS !!! :177692:

Cheers

vihawk

Reaction score
I think on some drives, get Russ to work on his short game. Other drives let him cook and if the moon shot fails,politely point out to him that he is going to have to change his way of operating. He can still do his Houdini moves and hero ball shots, he just has to realize when the proper time is and that he can't bank on them as his bread and butter move anymore.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
vihawk":381o908h said:
I think on some drives, get Russ to work on his short game. Other drives let him cook and if the moon shot fails,politely point out to him that he is going to have to change his way of operating. He can still do his Houdini moves and hero ball shots, he just has to realize when the proper time is and that he can't bank on them as his bread and butter move anymore.

I understand where you are coming from on this but that should have been happening since preseason. Isn't this what film study sessions are for?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Is there anybody who can return kicks and punts? I'd like to see this aspect of the game get some attention.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Get the younger guys some experience

Parkinson
Forsythe
Robinson
Taylor
Neal

Any younger backup that is under contract next year

nutluck

Reaction score
Coach just don't do that unless they are 100% they are safe, they will always try to win which means playing starters. So it increases their odds they keep their job. The smart thing would be to play the younger players and see what you have in them, it just almost never happens and since I think Pete feels the heat I don't see him doing it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
vihawk":17t8lgkd said:
He's had 10 years to fix his short game problem.
Houdini moves?That's over with no legs.
Hero ball shots have turned into moon ball shots.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
He's had 10 years to fix his short game problem.
Houdini moves?That's over with no legs.
Hero ball shots have turned into moon ball shots.

His signature spin move that’s used to escape the rush and created magic downfield has turned into sacks and lost of yards.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I guess there is one silver lining about not having our pick and that's way less of these kind of posts. Detroit is going to be doing everything they can to win and the Hawks should be doing the same.

There will be a bunch of fans sitting in the cold cheering them on who would much rather see the team play well than struggle with backups.

There are also still plenty of questions about our first stringers. This is going to be a volatile off-season and it's completely undecided whether Russ, Bobby or Duane will be here next year. Penny should get 30 carries just to see whether he is capable of that kind of workload entering the off-season.

We're also still trying to evaluate the first time offensive coaching staff and figure out whether there is still potential for improvement or if we need a reset.