Why I posted a hypothetical poll

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":29dyuzi5 said:
That's a lot of words to address to maybe ten people.

You didn't read his post objectively did you (not a question), neither did the other nine that you mentioned.
People who aren't commited to the Wilson tribe should just walk on eggshells, or STFU and quit thinking for themselves.
Matt Hasselbeck still has a plethora of fans that believe he was the best QB the Seahawks ever fielded, and they all hated it when all he did was dink and dunk ,but that style of QBing keeps the O-line from fatigue breakdown, and holding is also minimised..Flynn plays pretty much the same style, so that's why the 8o% Flynn supporters.
Wilson is way more flamboyant, and more athletic, but the missing open Receivers ( was TJacks problem also) isn't just a problem that can be dismissed as- ONLY- the poor O-line protection,,You can't expect them to stop the Defensive attack forever.
Who really knows where we'd be, had Carroll decided on Flynn instead of Wilson--WE WILL NEVER KNOW, but that doesn't make right the Wilson supporters (myself included) in getting snotty with someone with a different opinion.
This place would be boring as hell if everybody agreed 100% of the time with every single issue.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
scutterhawk":22vcmakm said:
MontanaHawk05":22vcmakm said:

You didn't read his post objectively did you (not a question), neither did the other nine that you mentioned.
People who aren't commited to the Wilson tribe should just walk on eggshells, or STFU and quit thinking for themselves.
Matt Hasselbeck still has a plethora of fans that believe he was the best QB the Seahawks ever fielded, and they all hated it when all he did was dink and dunk ,but that style of QBing keeps the O-line from fatigue breakdown, and holding is also minimised..Flynn plays pretty much the same style, so that's why the 8o% Flynn supporters.
Wilson is way more flamboyant, and more athletic, but the missing open Receivers ( was TJacks problem also) isn't just a problem that can be dismissed as- ONLY- the poor O-line protection,,You can't expect them to stop the Defensive attack forever.
Who really knows where we'd be, had Carroll decided on Flynn instead of Wilson--WE WILL NEVER KNOW, but that doesn't make right the Wilson supporters (myself included) in getting snotty with someone with a different opinion.
This place would be boring as hell if everybody agreed 100% of the time with every single issue.

Being able to have a civil conversation with somebody who has an opposing view point is one thing. Grinding your same point over and over and over again while being condescending, thinking you know better than the coaches, and acting like you know something you don't and anybody else who doesn't agree is wrong or stupid or a homer or a fanboy are totally other things. Those things make this forum less enjoyable for the rest of us.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I love the "poor us" argument. Don't put yourself out there over and over again, week after week and only bitching when theres an off game and you won't get scrutinized so heavily.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
He was exactly right about what he said. I was the author of the "I love Russ but" thread. I knew that if I voiced my mind I would be attacked and hated. There is this irrational support for a QB who has potential but hasn't really performed well enough to earn that. iMO our def and lynch has won every game except the NE game. The author of this thread nailed what I was thinking

Throwdown

Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":2935lf0l said:
He was exactly right about what he said. I was the author of the "I love Russ but" thread. I knew that if I voiced my mind I would be attacked and hated. There is this irrational support for a QB who has potential but hasn't really performed well enough to earn that. iMO our def and lynch has won every game except the NE game. The author of this thread nailed what I was thinking

You didn't want your feelings hurt over a message board? c'mon brah.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":eceowout said:

This is where you guys are wrong and why you get the reaction you do. There is nothing irrational about supporting the players that Coach has decided to put out on the field. I would argue, however, that it is irrational to bitch and moan and complain consistently about it on a message board where your words and feelings mean nothing to anybody but yourself and have absolutely no bearing on the actual situation. It doesn't matter if I support RW, it's not my fault that Coach doesn't see things the way you do. Thinking that way IS irrational.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3872cab5 said:
MontanaHawk05":3872cab5 said:

How do you know about Flynn's style? I don't think I would feel comfortable saying anything about a QB till I have seen 2 seasons of starts. Flynn has only started 15 games in 9 years. I dunno....

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Throwdown":309no10w said:
seahawksfanatic000":309no10w said:

You didn't want your feelings hurt over a message board? c'mon brah.

I didn't really care about what they said about me but I've witnessed threads were a posters posts are automatically discarded and the conversation is plagued by the controversy conveyed to that particular poster

Throwdown

Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":2qifisr9 said:
I didn't really care about what they said about me but I've witnessed threads were a posters posts are automatically discarded and the conversation is plagued by the controversy conveyed to that particular poster

I think if someone who is questioning the QB positition right now actually brought something fresh and educational to the thread, they'd be taken more seriously. If you're gonna debate about something don't you think both sides would need to bring the best information possible without becoming a record stuck on repeat?

Every QB thread we've had since week 1 has run the same circle everytime, its identical every week, go and check it out. We need some new fresh facts if you want your arguments to be considered. Other than that, the rest of us are in lock step with seeing Wilson the rest of the way because we think its rookie mistakes, and you're still going to try and change our minds with the same useless facts that we're dismissing.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Throwdown":1pgdfxap said:
seahawksfanatic000":1pgdfxap said:

I think if someone who is questioning the QB positition right now actually brought something fresh and educational to the thread, they'd be taken more seriously. If you're gonna debate about something don't you think both sides would need to bring the best information possible without becoming a record stuck on repeat?

Every QB thread we've had since week 1 has run the same circle everytime, its identical every week, go and check it out. We need some new fresh facts if you want your arguments to be considered. Other than that, the rest of us are in lock step with seeing Wilson the rest of the way because we think its rookie mistakes, and you're still going to try and change our minds with the same useless facts that we're dismissing.

Fresh facts? Are you kidding? The minute the game ended I posted my displeasure in wilsons performance, and the first post back I got was suck rocks. I presented fresh arguments and it was still totally discarded and attacked

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":2eq3q0x0 said:
Throwdown":2eq3q0x0 said:
seahawksfanatic000":2eq3q0x0 said:

Fresh facts? Are you kidding? The minute the game ended I posted my displeasure in wilsons performance, and the first post back I got was suck rocks. I presented fresh arguments and it was still totally discarded and attacked

What fresh facts did you bring to the table?

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Throwdown":2m9hnh5s said:
seahawksfanatic000":2m9hnh5s said:

Including what the Wilson supporters bring to the table.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Shane Falco":3mspsw3v said:
Throwdown":3mspsw3v said:
seahawksfanatic000":3mspsw3v said:

We bring the only fact to the table that matters: He's the starting QB.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Which I believe is a FACT. Tell me the last tIme a team won with under 20 yards passing in the second half

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":3v0ic2vw said:
I stated that Wilson had under 20 yards throwing which was unacceptable for an nfl QB

Blew my mind. I'm changing my opinion. START FLYNN!!!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Shane Falco":bjzk1eny said:
Zebulon Dak":bjzk1eny said:
Shane Falco":bjzk1eny said:

Exactly, the same redundancy on both sides.

RW is the starting QB and I'm not responsible for that decision. Sorry if you don't like it but there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2n6uj6vf said:
Shane Falco":2n6uj6vf said:
Zebulon Dak":2n6uj6vf said:

Exactly, the same redundancy on both sides.

RW is the starting QB and I'm not responsible for that decision. Sorry if you don't like it but there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Again, Exactly. How many times has that card been played?

Latest posts