Why did we wear wolf grey unis in today's heat

seabowl

Reaction score
Not that big of a deal but why wear grey unis in the heat when we could have worn white. Any advantage is worth taking.

Rainger

Reaction score
seabowl":3oy9xg61 said:
Not that big of a deal but why wear grey unis in the heat when we could have worn white. Any advantage is worth taking.
It is not a game time decision. They make the decisions weeks before.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
rainger":3i2sjxki said:
seabowl":3i2sjxki said:

Really weeks?

Basis4day

Reaction score
seabowl":31qrqtov said:
rainger":31qrqtov said:
seabowl":31qrqtov said:

Really weeks?

Yes. Actually, now you could say months. Uniform choices are made to the league office in July. Home team gets first dibs.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Basis4day":3405nao5 said:
seabowl":3405nao5 said:
rainger":3405nao5 said:
seabowl":3405nao5 said:

Really weeks?

Yes. Actually, now you could say months. Uniform choices are made to the league office in July. Home team gets first dibs.

Ok then maybe we should not be wearing these until December. Just my opinion.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Pretty sure uni combinations worn are not made months in advanced.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Basis4day":1t0x02we said:
seabowl":1t0x02we said:
rainger":1t0x02we said:
seabowl":1t0x02we said:

Really weeks?

True but IIRC Chargers changed to all white at home the week we were to play them....they usually wear Blues at home....made us wear the darker colors.

Chawks1

Reaction score
seabowl":3j955fx6 said:

I believe we are 4-0 in all grey so I will take that over any advantage all whites might have.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Chawks1":2l2cjfoz said:
seabowl":2l2cjfoz said:

I believe we are 4-0 in all grey so I will take that over any advantage all whites might have.

1-0 in Superbowls with white jerseys. :D

Actually 1-1 but we don't count that one.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
seabowl":1898h56c said:
Chawks1":1898h56c said:
seabowl":1898h56c said:

We wore all blue in XL. When did you become a fan?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the wolf greys are still pretty light, I doubt the difference in temp is huge between the two. anyways 76 is way different than whatever we played in in san diego.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":11xcu896 said:
seabowl":11xcu896 said:
Chawks1":11xcu896 said:
seabowl":11xcu896 said:

We wore all blue in XL. When did you become a fan?

1984. I thought we were the away team in 2006 but now remember you are right. I seriously have not watched a replay of that game in like 5 years. Again I tried to block that one out.

Then we are 1-0 in whites in the Super Bowl.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
seabowl":2wjl0u1i said:
I thought we were the away team in 2006 but now remember you are right.
We were the away team in 2006. The Rustbuckets were the home team, but chose to wear their away uniforms.

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
The streak continues as the Wolf Gray's tally another win. I'm not sure as to the specifics on lead time for uniform combinations, but I would think that the team would take historical weather conditions into account as they make selections. Being at the game today one thing that caught my eye was that neither sideline had bench covering, but instead relied on staff to hold windscreens over the players on the bench. Just an observation I found interesting considering the high temps in Charlotte during the first part of the season. Go Hawks!

drdiags

Reaction score
I don't think it is/was that big of a deal. The Panthers had on black jerseys so not sure what this post is suggesting. Yeah, they could have worn white but they opted for gray. How much more in body temperature would this cause? And again, the Panthers had on black.

I see the thinking though, use every advantage to the fullest.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Chawks1":qw35y96c said:
True but IIRC Chargers changed to all white at home the week we were to play them....they usually wear Blues at home....made us wear the darker colors.

They planned it ahead of time, only advertised it later. Not to hard to plan for.. Week 2 against the SB Champions and in San Diego. Might want your whites.

253hawk

Reaction score
seabowl":18yaulh4 said:
rainger":18yaulh4 said:
seabowl":18yaulh4 said:

Really weeks?

All jerseys for every game are submitted to the league office by July 1st. The only thing they can change last-minute is the pants.

The average high for Charlotte in October is 72º, so I don't really see the problem with choosing to wear the grays.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I was praying last night we'd be wearing grey today because this was a must-must-must win game and we were 3-0 in them. So works for me.

Latest posts