Why did the Hawks not trade Russ last offseaon? Big mistake

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Articles stated Bears offered 3 first round picks, 1 third round pick and 2 starters (reportedly Mack and Hicks). If true that offer is not shit.
It could be argued that Noah Fant is a legit & PROVEN FIRST rounder which makes Chicago's #3 First rounder moot. AND he's on the roster THIS year.
Although I'd agree that Mack would have been a damned nice addition.
I can also see why Pete wanted to give it one last ditch effort with Wilson, but he realized that Wilson had truly quit on the Seahawks, and looking for greener fields with BRAND RENEWINGS & another stadium full of adoring Fans.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Hicks is a free agent and the reason he’s not signed is because of injury. As for Mack, I think he’s better than Harris but Mack is too expensive and Harris is on a good contract. Also Russ is not in the same conference which is a plus.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I said this before and I shall repeat myself: Pete Carroll deserve to be fired for
1. the way he appeased Russell Wilson since the Superbowl.
2. Pete became a must fired after he vetoed the trade of Russ last off season.

(1) was behavior unbecoming if a headcoach.
(2) poor judgement.

Ok broken record, I said it again.
Only a DUMBASS would have shitcanned his >>FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK< after 4 years.
How many Head Coaches QUIT on their STAR Quarterbacks' that quick?? N-O-N-E, Z-E-R-O that's how many.
Y'all screwed up on your assessment way back then, and NOW, y'all want to follow that up with repeating the same idiotic rhetoric?????????????
"Broken Record"? yeah...I would usually just throw them in the garbage where they belong.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I was the lone advocate of trading Russ last off season, that was the best time to trade him, but boy was I totally hated. I called 2021 season the post Wilson era, and boy was that unpopular.
You weren’t alone.

keasley45

Reaction score
Only a DUMBASS would have shitcanned his >>FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK< after 4 years.
How many Head Coaches QUIT on their STAR Quarterbacks' that quick?? N-O-N-E, Z-E-R-O that's how many.
Y'all screwed up on your assessment way back then, and NOW, y'all want to follow that up with repeating the same idiotic rhetoric?????????????
"Broken Record"? yeah...I would usually just throw them in the garbage where they belong.
What are you saying here?

Fade

Reaction score
The salary cap is a joke. Teams skirt around it all of the time. The Rams started the offseason $15M over the cap, it didn't stop them from retaining key players and adding more to try and make another run at a championship.

If the Salary cap was real, the Rams should've been done 2 years ago. I've had to listen to Seahawks fans proclaim "The Rams are done, they've mortgaged their future." For the last 5 years.

The Seahawks started this offseason $60M under the cap and created another $20M this off-season by moving off of Bobby and Trading Russ.

The Rams continue to do more with less, and the Seahawks continue to Seahawk.

The Salary Cap excuse is just that, an excuse. "Muh Salary Cap" As soon as you post that, there is no point in listening to your argument.

The Seahawks are doing a terrible job at maximizing their Salary Cap putting them at a disadvantage. That's not the Salary Cap's fault, but the Seahawks fault.

Jville

Reaction score
The salary cap is a joke. Teams skirt around it all of the time. The Rams started the offseason $15M over the cap, it didn't stop them from retaining key players and adding more to try and make another run at a championship.

If the Salary cap was real, the Rams should've been done 2 years ago. I've had to listen to Seahawks fans proclaim "The Rams are done, they've mortgaged their future." For the last 5 years.

The Seahawks started this offseason $60M under the cap and created another $20M this off-season by moving off of Bobby and Trading Russ.

The Rams continue to do more with less, and the Seahawks continue to Seahawk.

The Salary Cap excuse is just that, an excuse. "Muh Salary Cap" As soon as you post that, there is no point in listening to your argument.

The Seahawks are doing a terrible job at maximizing their Salary Cap putting them at a disadvantage. That's not the Salary Cap's fault, but the Seahawks fault.
^^^
The Salary Cap is real. It's no joke.

All 32 teams track and make roster adjustments because of the cap. They all have their unique philosophy of managing the cap. They track and study and act on the numbers instead of outright dismissing them as some kind of inconvenience or annoyance. Teams don't have that option.

The salary cap isn't there to use as an excuse to attack teams and their front offices. Such attacks are a non-productive repurpose that disgruntled fans indulge in to blame something else in the absence of understanding.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
What are you saying here?

The "Appeasement" of Russ since the "Super Bowl" crap that's being spouted, implies that Pete was pampering & caving to Wilsons' wishes for the last 8 years, when in FACT the relationship between the HC's & their Franchise QB's are a whole lot different than any of the other players on the team, meaning, that if it ain't broke don't fix it, but if it's sputtering, you tweak it (try and get on the same page, or a reasonable facsimile thereof), and when you've exhausted all your 'Try Hards' you start looking for a new motor to get back in the race with.
When Pete & John started looking for an off-ramp @ QB (like Mahomes) a few years back, Wilson caught wind of it, and decided that he was done with trying to do it Pete's way (Run Game to HELP bolster the QB position) and was determined to do a reset somewhere else, somewhere where he'd have more say so.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
No NFL team “wants” to move their franchise QB immediately. They of course want to “fix” whatever ailments they have etc before trading any commodities, especially, their Pro Bowl, Super Bowl Champion QB.

Further irreconcilable differences, just like life for most people, will lead to big changes.

Wilson was maybe ready to leave but Seattle’s front office wanted to make it work. I mean, wouldn’t any top NFL team want to keep their franchise QB that helps them win games tremendously?

Seattle tried with what they believe would help sway Wilson to change his mind but it didn’t happen.

Hey, that’s life.

It’s now time to move on.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No NFL team “wants” to move their franchise QB immediately. They of course want to “fix” whatever ailments they have etc before trading any commodities, especially, their Pro Bowl, Super Bowl Champion QB.

Further irreconcilable differences, just like life for most people, will lead to big changes.

Wilson was maybe ready to leave but Seattle’s front office wanted to make it work. I mean, wouldn’t any top NFL team want to keep their franchise QB that helps them win games tremendously?

Seattle tried with what they believe would help sway Wilson to change his mind but it didn’t happen.

Hey, that’s life.

It’s now time to move on.
^^^^THIS^^^^